User Tag List

Page 5 of 57 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 55 ... LastLast
Like Tree5611Likes

Thread: Thankful for Savings - October 2014 Frugal chatter thread

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Not liking that it gets dark so early. Feels later then it is and makes me lazy. Put a load of laundry away and a load in wash. Should be working my butt off so less to do on weekend but just don't feel like it. Kitchen is clean. Eggs fried for egg mcmuffins for kids for breakfast. Should manage to make decent lunches for them tomorrow. Need to post stuff for sale. Been slacking lately.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Not a super fan of the foggy nights and mornings this week. Nor of the twilight descending by 7:00pm.
    Admiring those of you that can still put a meal together at night while tending to family matters or housekeeping.
    Was stunned to see 4L homogenized milk at $4.99 (Fortino's flyer did not incl. homogenized in the list) according to shelf price, just 50 cents more than 2L milk carton and with Oct. 12 expiry on tag. Well, I bought that bag plus one pkg of $2.99 butter. It was worth the effort toting the insulated grocery bag for the items!
    Strange day-sun did not come out until afternoon and when it shone, it felt summery/humid. But when sun waned, it was like a cold muggy day. Hardly any laundry thoroughly dried outdoors but at least most of the laundry was washed the night before.
    ^sweetsparrow-say, do you have any brandy/whiskey in the house? You might like to soak a piece of clean cotton t-shirt into a shot glass worth of liquor and put it on your chest when you go to bed. It could help with your coughing.
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

One Awesome Domestic Diva MrsSunshine's Avatar
    Trading Score
    88 (100%)

same here.. it makes it feels so late.. when its not. however makes ya feel productive when ya think man its like 9.. nope only 730..
    although im starting to feel.. yuck. like a cold is coming on. shoving down the echies and going to get some vitamin c tomorrow. in form of oranges.
    maybe some more fresh air will do me good. maybe go find some bargains too. need a new curtain rod anyway.. and..
    its friday.. awesome!.
    Be Strong
    Be True
    Be You.
    Simple as that!

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

It sure it odd to have the days get dark so much earlier in the afternoon, that's for sure.

Plus we don't change time here, so it only gets worse - BUT I'm glad we don't change time!

Hope everyone has a great day!

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

Good Morning all my frugal friends,

Dh and I are going to watch Jaden's football game at 3pm today so we will be heading out early to do our groceries and errands.

I have my list so wish me luck but seriously where's the beef???? I need ground beef and the prices lately are ridiculous (fingers crossed) there is a sale before the end of the month.

Going to my folks house for 2 sleeps but I need to decide when and then I will get my parents to take me to Costco as they have membership to get a few items for my "being prepared for cold/flu" challenge. A little each time is just easier on the pocket book and plus Costco has the jumbo sizes of everything at really good prices for the meds.

Well off to draw my bathroom chore of the day . 1st load of laundry is hung and waiting to hand the 2nd.

I agree this early darkness is really playing on my mood and motivation levels in the evening as well. PLUS the increase in allowable hydro consumption here without penalty only starts November 1st. So right now we are only allowed 600KWH per month and anything over is at an increased rate (not on time of use yet). So we are trying to sit in the dark as long as possible but I must admit the brightness from out tv does help.

Wishing you all a wonderful day and off to the races I go BUT will I make the finish line

PS I do apologize someone posted that they had recently completed their filing challenge, I have re-read the October post 5 times know and cannot find, so this is for you

2019 is the year that we continue to save before we buy!!!

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

TGIF!!! Well got everyone off to school on time so all is good. My little one has shown an interest in making his own lunch this week so I think we are on to something! I have been putting crackers/bits and bites etc in mason jars and not only does the cupboard look nice and organized it's easy for him to put the stuff in little containers. I need more mason jars so think I will splurge on a case this weekend Off to check out my PC PLUS offers.

Trading Score
    17 (100%)

Good morning, everyone.

It's finally warm and sunny! Lily dog and I spent over an hour spying on the neighbours earlier (it got to the point where my legs were numb from her playing lap-dog).

Lunch yesterday was very yummy. Went to a little hole-in-the-wall Thai place near me (http://www.sukhothaifood.ca/). We split an order of mango salad and spicy spring rolls (we used the chili sauce to cool it off!), then coconut tapioca pudding for dessert. I'm still drooling.

Today's project will be to clean/organize my fridge, as it's essential I make room for wine when friends come for a visit tonight.

Better get started with some chores. Or play with the brats.

Hope everyone has a wonderful day.

For a smile, see our vids: http://www.youtube.com/lilyquincy

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Well my PC points suck besides the 5000 pts wus $50 so will just price match everything at Superstore to hit the $50 so I get a few points for my future shopping spree. Food Basics has a bunch of sale items I want so will be a price matching shop for sure. And see what reduced bread I can find.

Trading Score
    17 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by coupon girl View Post
    -and says to me " I was in the neighbours next door to me backyard-hey why dont you have your shed sided-it will last longer

-well i told him "we dont give a sh**-we are saving are money- I am not usually like that but I am fed up with him asking telling me things that are none of his business
    Did it work? Sometimes with folks like that you have to be blunt.

I used to have a very nosy neighbour (she's a friend of a friend so I still have to see her on occasion). She would want to know who was visiting me, if my parents knew that a man had come over (she was not conservative in her own life, to put it mildly, so not sure why she cared), whether my male techie friend who was trying to so up up my computer was my bf, etc.

One time, I was playing with the dog and stupidly turned my head when she decided to high 5 me - ended up with a black eye. I ran into the neighbour and the 20 questions started. I had had enough of the nosy behaviour, so I sweetly said, "Gee, too bad you were away, you missed a great party."

"You had a party?"

"Well, that's how it started. It didn't turn into an orgy until 2am." Then I smiled and walked away.

She never asked nosy questions again.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

lol Sometimes you just have to play along... I can't stand rude people and would totally ignore them.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

-I think I ticked him off when I said that comment -right then my hubby pulled up -I said gotta go start supper
    -well hung a load this morning washed it at 600 a.m before the higher rates-tripped over my drain plastic downspout-iced my ankle right away it feels okay now
    still need to vaccum ,wrap "ashlyn" present-I got her 2 tops a dress,sleepers,spandex pants and bowling balls for $17.00-plus bought her a little tykes cottage-bought that 3 months ago for 100.00(half price sale)yes I went a litte overboard oh well she is one -an only one once in her life(plus an owl book-didnt pay for that as i had a giftcard
    -my son is putting her birthday picture on chch (channel 12 birthdays celebration on Monday morning-look for "ashlyn" age if you wish

he clothing I bought her one top as .99 at old navy, 2,99 for the other2.99 for the pants 3.00 for the Minnie dress from walmart 1.99 for the sleepers from joes fresh 8.00 for the bowling balls reduced winners-cant it til she sees the owl book-that is the one word she is saying over an over -she had owl decals on her wall-every morningmy daughter-in-law says where is he owl

so see ladies why I always look year round for things
    -already have a baby gift for my daughter's sister-in-law bought and she is due oct15
    Last edited by coupon girl; Fri, Oct 3rd, 2014 at 11:09 AM.
    Andit, Crochetlady, ticul and 2 others like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Shopping ahead is the smart way to do it and when they are young it is so easy! My niece is 3 months old and I have started buying for her 1st birthday too (Fisher Price Talking house play set reg $49.99 but purchased for $20 at Walmart during Anniversary sale) I'm also looking at the summer clearance on clothing for her

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

Hope your ankle is feeling better coupon girl!
    2019 is the year that we continue to save before we buy!!!

One Awesome Domestic Diva MrsSunshine's Avatar
    Trading Score
    88 (100%)

coupon girl. give that sweetie a birthday kiss from me too. well done on the gifts.. your one smart Grandma..
    Andit.. your dog can high five. you've trained it well.
    Nancy.. hope you enjoy your afternoon. and yes costco is amazing for stocking up on items like that. we usually go once a year and get garbage bags. usually around christmas, treat our selves to a thing or two.

so was supposed to be up and gone to the store.. its raining.. guess i have to wait.
    thank goodness though. i was going to leave about 20 minutes before it started. i would be soaking wet and cold right now.
    Be Strong
    Be True
    Be You.
    Simple as that!

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

We are expecting rain too but so far nothing. Its actually nice out. Off to buy Pumpkins. Hope they have nice large ones left.

Page 5 of 57 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 55 ... LastLast

Thread Information