User Tag List

Page 23 of 57 FirstFirst ... 13 21 22 23 24 25 33 ... LastLast
Like Tree5611Likes

Thread: Thankful for Savings - October 2014 Frugal chatter thread

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

Ashley hope you do get to do some travelling at work it definitely would be a nice change for you and of course some hotel time (lol), take it easy today and just watch your shows on the pvr and if not possible then make a small list of things that NEED to be done and go from there!
    2019 is the year that we continue to save before we buy!!!

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

Afternoon everyone & Happy Thanksgiving to you all!!!

Very productive morning here thank goodness, my storage room is just about complete, need to label some rubbermaids to know what's in them .

Load of whites washed & hung on the line to dry, it's not very sunny here today but there is a nice breeze to dry the clothes

Tossed a lot of empty boxes that dh had pilled up in the storage room, kept some shoe boxes for Christmas gifts.

Relocated a whole bunch of items and vacuumed on the shelves.

I will finish the storage room today atleast that is my goal

Wishing everyone a wonderful afternoon and evening AND

oh yeah had to move Logan's room around as he flooded his floor (long story turtle tank) anyways his bed has been moved to a new spot as well as his dresser. We will move his fish aquarium which sits on his other dresser next weekend.

Gobble gobble all, we had a nice chicken stuffed with dressing yesterday at MIL's and I brought a apple crisp pie (I cheat and use a graham cracker crust) and it's amazing if I do say so, just which I brought the leftovers home (just kidding).
    saundyl, Andit, Natalka and 6 others like this.

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Good day and Happy Thanksgiving to you all!

I missed stopping by here this morning, and I see everyone is very busy, too!

Just finished making cabbage rolls and devilled eggs, so I'm having my lunch while I'm having a break and catching up on SC and emails.

Cabbage rolls and ham should bake in about the same time - it's a small ham - so that should work well. There are only three of us, and it just ends up being so much food, so I'm not making many sides.

Hope everyone has a great day!

Trading Score
    2 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by jasperandchar View Post
    Afternoon everyone & Happy Thanksgiving to you all!!!

Very productive morning here thank goodness, my storage room is just about complete, need to label some rubbermaids to know what's in them .

Load of whites washed & hung on the line to dry, it's not very sunny here today but there is a nice breeze to dry the clothes

Tossed a lot of empty boxes that dh had pilled up in the storage room, kept some shoe boxes for Christmas gifts.

Relocated a whole bunch of items and vacuumed on the shelves.

I will finish the storage room today atleast that is my goal

Wishing everyone a wonderful afternoon and evening AND

oh yeah had to move Logan's room around as he flooded his floor (long story turtle tank) anyways his bed has been moved to a new spot as well as his dresser. We will move his fish aquarium which sits on his other dresser next weekend.

Gobble gobble all, we had a nice chicken stuffed with dressing yesterday at MIL's and I brought a apple crisp pie (I cheat and use a graham cracker crust) and it's amazing if I do say so, just which I brought the leftovers home (just kidding).

good Job! much more productive day than i!

I went to work and grabbed a couple boxes we had for recycling to put a few things in.found 12.20 on the sidewalk across from the bank.

Had a bit of a blow up at the boys. I swear i speak to them in a normal voice the way i would prefer to....and get ignored until i get frustrated and raise my voice to the volume their mother is always at. I hate yelling it makes me supremely cranky. either way they were asked about 5 times go gather their things to get ready for their mom to pick them up but didnt do it...started to and went to play on their laptop and ds. At that point when shes going to be here in 15 min im done asking nice AND IM NOT packing their electronics for them.

Trading Score
    2 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Natalka View Post
    Good day and Happy Thanksgiving to you all!

I missed stopping by here this morning, and I see everyone is very busy, too!

Just finished making cabbage rolls and devilled eggs, so I'm having my lunch while I'm having a break and catching up on SC and emails.

Cabbage rolls and ham should bake in about the same time - it's a small ham - so that should work well. There are only three of us, and it just ends up being so much food, so I'm not making many sides.

Hope everyone has a great day!
    Yu cabbage rolls. Ive always wanted to learn how to make those

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by 217 View Post
    Beautiful! Where did you find the coupon code?
    It is the same one that I used in store on Saturday. It was e-mailed out to members of Ricki's Friends and Family club. It was an individual code and expired at midnight last night. Someone on SC posted about it and I was thankful for it.
    Last edited by Angela273; Mon, Oct 13th, 2014 at 07:01 PM.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Trading Score
    86 (100%)

I'M BACK!!! Did you miss me???????

What gong show these past few months have been. My computer broke the day after my birthday-in June. It was completely fried. Took it to Staples as it was still under warranty-barely! 5 weeks later (end of Aug) I FINALLY get it back. Which is a long story all by itself. Get it home and the battery keeps falling out! They broke it when they had it in for repair. So I take it back again. They tell me it's got to go out for repair AGAIN. A few days later they apparently called and left a message with my son saying the laptop needed to go out (they told me that when I dropped it off) and I needed to call to confirm I wanted it to go out (cause I had a choice?) Well, my son didn't give me the message. So 2 weeks go by and I stop in to found out the status of it. And I find out it hadn't even been sent because I never called back (cause I never got the message!). At this point I've been dealing with multiple managers. VERY VERY long story short after many more weeks they decide to buy me out of the service contract (apparently the manager pushed for this-so at least I have a little positive experience now). After another week, I finally get a $750 GC to use towards another laptop. Bought another laptop and some stocking stuffers. I wish the story ends there, but it doesn't....I had the new laptop for a week and it died. I could have cried. In hindsight it was defective from day 1. Hubby went in and exchanged it for the same one. So a few days shy of 4 months from when it first broke-I am now online again!! How *****in' crazy is that???

And the other excitement in the last 4 months? At the end of June, at 4am, my then 12yr old son wakes up to hear his bedroom door creak open. He doesn't hear my voice so he opens his eyes and sees a strange man in his room!!!! He quickly closes his eyes and pretends to be sleeping (what a smart boy I have, we are so proud!). When he hears the man is no longer in his room he reaches for his cellphone-that we just bought him 3 DAYS EARLIER!! and calls the RCMP. He stays calm and collected and the RCMP arrive and he's still in the house (the RCMP rang the doorbell and my son heard the guy run out and jump off the balcony). The RCMP give chase and long story short catch him about an hour later. After they called in the RCMP dog! Turns out he was a 16 teen year old. He got in through our 2nd story balcony. It appears he went up the neighbour's stairs which lead to their 2nd story balcony, crawled over the rail (which has a wall between it) and onto our balcony. He could have easily fallen and wound up dead on the ground! Our balcony door was open to let the cool night air in. Just recently the teen pleaded guilty, which we are happy about as my son did not want to testify. But holy crap, what an ordeal! I couldn't be prouder of him though. The RCMP dispatch said they'd never talked to such a calm, collected 12yr old before. I am filled with immense pride. I'm not sure I could have stayed so calm. It wasn't until the RCMP arrived and were giving chase that someone told him to go wake us up!!! We are also happy we bought him a cell! We only bought it because the car was broken into (well hubby left the windows down and the doors unlocked!) and our old beater of a cell was stolen. So we decided to just replace it with 3 phones, one for me, one for hubby and one for our son who was about to turn 13! At one point during this whole ordeal, my son turns to me and says-I think my cellphone has paid for itself! LOL

Overall an exciting 4 months. I'm looking forward to getting back on track financially too. Sept was a very expensive month.
    You just proved Signature Advertising works!

Earn FREE money just by searching! Ask me how to get a $5GC using my referral.
    Get $10 off $40 for new customers at well.ca using the code springhascome

Trading Score
    2 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Insane View Post
    I'M BACK!!! Did you miss me???????

What gong show these past few months have been. My computer broke the day after my birthday-in June. It was completely fried. Took it to Staples as it was still under warranty-barely! 5 weeks later (end of Aug) I FINALLY get it back. Which is a long story all by itself. Get it home and the battery keeps falling out! They broke it when they had it in for repair. So I take it back again. They tell me it's got to go out for repair AGAIN. A few days later they apparently called and left a message with my son saying the laptop needed to go out (they told me that when I dropped it off) and I needed to call to confirm I wanted it to go out (cause I had a choice?) Well, my son didn't give me the message. So 2 weeks go by and I stop in to found out the status of it. And I find out it hadn't even been sent because I never called back (cause I never got the message!). At this point I've been dealing with multiple managers. VERY VERY long story short after many more weeks they decide to buy me out of the service contract (apparently the manager pushed for this-so at least I have a little positive experience now). After another week, I finally get a $750 GC to use towards another laptop. Bought another laptop and some stocking stuffers. I wish the story ends there, but it doesn't....I had the new laptop for a week and it died. I could have cried. In hindsight it was defective from day 1. Hubby went in and exchanged it for the same one. So a few days shy of 4 months from when it first broke-I am now online again!! How *****in' crazy is that???

And the other excitement in the last 4 months? At the end of June, at 4am, my then 12yr old son wakes up to hear his bedroom door creak open. He doesn't hear my voice so he opens his eyes and sees a strange man in his room!!!! He quickly closes his eyes and pretends to be sleeping (what a smart boy I have, we are so proud!). When he hears the man is no longer in his room he reaches for his cellphone-that we just bought him 3 DAYS EARLIER!! and calls the RCMP. He stays calm and collected and the RCMP arrive and he's still in the house (the RCMP rang the doorbell and my son heard the guy run out and jump off the balcony). The RCMP give chase and long story short catch him about an hour later. After they called in the RCMP dog! Turns out he was a 16 teen year old. He got in through our 2nd story balcony. It appears he went up the neighbour's stairs which lead to their 2nd story balcony, crawled over the rail (which has a wall between it) and onto our balcony. He could have easily fallen and wound up dead on the ground! Our balcony door was open to let the cool night air in. Just recently the teen pleaded guilty, which we are happy about as my son did not want to testify. But holy crap, what an ordeal! I couldn't be prouder of him though. The RCMP dispatch said they'd never talked to such a calm, collected 12yr old before. I am filled with immense pride. I'm not sure I could have stayed so calm. It wasn't until the RCMP arrived and were giving chase that someone told him to go wake us up!!! We are also happy we bought him a cell! We only bought it because the car was broken into (well hubby left the windows down and the doors unlocked!) and our old beater of a cell was stolen. So we decided to just replace it with 3 phones, one for me, one for hubby and one for our son who was about to turn 13! At one point during this whole ordeal, my son turns to me and says-I think my cellphone has paid for itself! LOL

Overall an exciting 4 months. I'm looking forward to getting back on track financially too. Sept was a very expensive month.
    Welcome back! I wondered where you disappeared to.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

welcome back insane
    -still tired from the wedding last night
    -my girlfriend-didn't have our grown kids sit with us at the wedding reception last night-nope we were at the older table of 65 -to 80 year olds-hubby was*issed to say the least as we gave up our thanksgiving celebration for this wedding
    -oh well at least I wasn't at the table-when my daughter brought up xmas-my son/wife have spent the last 2 years at her mom's for supper and this will be 3(mydaughter said -you know mom wanted to have us both this year on xmas day -my daughter -in-law then said her mom is hard to deal with(she wanted to have both sets of parents at their house but her mom refused)so they cant change it this year-so my daughter/her hubby are taking one for the road and staying here for 3 days at xmas and we will celebrate on boxing day xmas feast-so glad I wasn't at the table they were sitting at last night
    mygoodness why cant some parents be giving and understanding
    -no turkey today -bought one a walmart the other day for .79 a pound cost 9.89-may have my son over some night

Trading Score
    86 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by coupon girl View Post
    welcome back insane
    -still tired from the wedding last night
    -my girlfriend-didn't have our grown kids sit with us at the wedding reception last night-nope we were at the older table of 65 -to 80 year olds-hubby was*issed to say the least as we gave up our thanksgiving celebration for this wedding
    -oh well at least I wasn't at the table-when my daughter brought up xmas-my son/wife have spent the last 2 years at her mom's for supper and this will be 3(mydaughter said -you know mom wanted to have us both this year on xmas day -my daughter -in-law then said her mom is hard to deal with(she wanted to have both sets of parents at their house but her mom refused)so they cant change it this year-so my daughter/her hubby are taking one for the road and staying here for 3 days at xmas and we will celebrate on boxing day xmas feast-so glad I wasn't at the table they were sitting at last night
    mygoodness why cant some parents be giving and understanding
    -no turkey today -bought one a walmart the other day for .79 a pound cost 9.89-may have my son over some night
    Growing up we spent Christmas dinner at mom's family and boxing day dinner at dad's family. Then the next year we alternated and have Christmas at dad's family and boxing day at mom's family. Now that we are all grown up, we still do the same. It is what is expected. That way no one side has an "advantage".
    Last edited by Insane; Mon, Oct 13th, 2014 at 06:52 PM.
    You just proved Signature Advertising works!

Earn FREE money just by searching! Ask me how to get a $5GC using my referral.
    Get $10 off $40 for new customers at well.ca using the code springhascome

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

We did a fair bit of shopping today. I stumbled across a deal at NF. $1 Smart Source (Weight Watchers) pizzas for $1 each. I had one printable $3 off wub5 coupon, so I bought peperoni pizza to try. If we like it, then I might go back and get some more after I print off another coupons from SmartSource.ca Makes them 40c each + tax.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Insane pardon the wording but WOW that is Insane, happy to see you back.

Coupongirl oh Holidays, I am still very single but my mom is already trying to call ALL Holidays, I keep saying she cannot do that which leads to her being silent and upset. I keep trying to get the point across to her that I am going into the relationship with divorced parents and since I have not meet him yet who knows his parents might also be divorce which could lead to us trying to juggle 4 families even if parents aren't that is 3 families to juggle and she cannot call them all as we have to try to be as fair as possible. But than again in our family for the past few years my Step Mom always calls the Sunday which seems to piss off my mom, holidays were so much easier when we were kids some how it always seemed to work out but now that we are adults at times it almost seems like they are testing us to see what we will do at times. Oh holidays aren't they fun?
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by saundyl View Post
    good Job! much more productive day than i!

I went to work and grabbed a couple boxes we had for recycling to put a few things in.found 12.20 on the sidewalk across from the bank.

Had a bit of a blow up at the boys. I swear i speak to them in a normal voice the way i would prefer to....and get ignored until i get frustrated and raise my voice to the volume their mother is always at. I hate yelling it makes me supremely cranky. either way they were asked about 5 times go gather their things to get ready for their mom to pick them up but didnt do it...started to and went to play on their laptop and ds. At that point when shes going to be here in 15 min im done asking nice AND IM NOT packing their electronics for them.
    Lucky ducky with the $ you found. We all have those moment with the kids I know it's not pleasant but it tends to et them moving sadly

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

My word insane crazy is an understatement. SO glad you are back!!!!
    Wowsers about your computer problems what a hassle poor you and talk about inconvenient not having a loaner.
    Very brave and smart young man you have, you have every reason to be so proud of him.
    Again welcome back its nice to have you with us again.

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

Oh geez coupon girl as they say things happen for a reason and maybe you sitting where you did saved the graces/moods as I can only imagine how upset/sad and angry this made both you and your dh - it,s just hurtful. Unfortunately even though your dil's mom is difficult to deal with she needs to say something especially now that there are grand babies everyone would like a fair share if you will. Afterall she still has 2 months to talk this over, personally I would make a point of mentioning it to your son with his wife there and just say something like put yourself in my place 20 or so years from now and how would you feel if Ashlyn did this to you year after year - tell them to give it some thought....

Page 23 of 57 FirstFirst ... 13 21 22 23 24 25 33 ... LastLast

Thread Information