User Tag List

Page 3 of 68 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 53 ... LastLast
Like Tree2503Likes

Thread: Target leaving Canada!

Frosh Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

This makes me sad.I loved shopping at Target. Even my husband who didn't think to much of Target when they first opened was soon won over, and not just because of the clearance prices. Although it did help. We both have said many times we would spend a bit more to avoid annoying bad mannered crowds. Which is what we always seem to encounter at Walmart. Target was never over crowded, always clean ( I did not cringe when entering the bathrooms or exit them running for my life) And you can always find a sales associate at Target and a even bigger plus it is a helpful sales associate, finding a sales associate at Walmart is hard finding a helpful one is like looking for a needle in a haystack.
    Silk, barbis9, seylz_gurl and 6 others like this.

Trading Score
    10 (100%)

I am not surprised. They said last year that they will make their decision early 2015 and I thought they would be closing. You can't survive if you are loosing billions of dollars in one quarter. I only went to Target few times. Found excellent CS in Square One location but the store was always empty. I never found liquidations like people here on SC were finding and thought their prices were higher than Walmart but then I rarely go to Walmart as well.
    barbis9 and Anna Michele like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    7 (100%)

OH NO!!! I love Target. It was clean, not busy, and I could price match with no problems. Sad day
    Silk, Decaf, Lyssia510 and 2 others like this.

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

This is sad! And I have recently sent a letter of compliment to my local store for its cleanliness and excellent service. Target offers more quality, but Canadians are obsessed with low prices. This is why we don't get good department stores.

Target closing is terrible news. It would make Canada less attractive to quality stores such as Saks Fifth or even UNIQLO who are in their planning phase.
    Silk, Decaf and Anna Michele like this.

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I LOVED shopping at target, even without the clearance. Always clean, always had helpful workers, and could pricematch and coupon without any hassle. I'm definitely going to miss using manufacture and target coupons😔. Not looking forward to shopping again at the circus that is Walmart😓
    Patty Smyth, Silk, barbis9 and 4 others like this.

Frosh Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by minion View Post
    I LOVED shopping at target, even without the clearance. Always clean, always had helpful workers, and could pricematch and coupon without any hassle. I'm definitely going to miss using manufacture and target coupons. Not looking forward to shopping again at the circus that is Walmart

I don't know if I can go back to shopping at Walmart, I know my husband will not be happy. Whenever I have asked him in the last few months to take me shopping the first thing he says is not Walmart please.
    Silk, Amybee28, barbis9 and 4 others like this.

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

That's VERY sad news! I love Target!!! All those crazy clearance deals...
    Silk and barbis9 like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)

This is very bad for consumers . Sears is probably the next to go.

Never really shopped at Target , but competition is always good as it keeps others on their toes, both customer service wise & price wise.

Now Wal Mart will get even more arrogant than before & their already crappy customer service will get even worse. They don't really have much competition left, they can now pretty much do what they want and get away with it. Plus now they know that no other big retailer is going to come to Canada again any time soon, after this Target debacle. So not only present but any other future competition is also gone for them.

With Oil prices down , and people getting laid off left right and centre in Alberta , and now this ?

These are huge job losses in Canada. Trust me the recession is coming soon in Canada. For every one direct Oil job lost there are lot of other spin off jobs & ancillary jobs lost. Even jobs like restaurant jobs, fast food jobs etc as these job loss people don't eat out much & don't spend much.

2015 is going to be bad for Canada.
    Silk, maggiespice, lecale and 5 others like this.

Trading Score
    189 (100%)

Surprised/Not surprised..

Read all the comments on the news this morning , people all over Canada said Target never had stock, the stores were always empty.
    Wal-Mart is taking over all retail chains, there's no way they can always have low prices. Long term, eventually it's going to sky rocket.
    They let you price match all the small guys and mom and pop shops - they`ll slowly close too.

Ugh, I hate wal-mart..

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Springbreeze View Post
    I don't know if I can go back to shopping at Walmart, I know my husband will not be happy. Whenever I have asked him in the last few months to take me shopping the first thing he says is not Walmart please.
    Yup absolutely horrible service at Wal Mart thesedays. Also price wise they are not really as cheap as people think they are.

Wal Mart is nothing but a HUGE dollarama store with crappy chinese made merchandise sold at huge markups, so profits can go to the States.

I know someone who is in the Jeans selling business. He makes regular business trips to Chinese factories in China. He was telling me the cost of making a Jeans there & the ones he buys is only $ 4.20 ..this jeans is probably sold for atleast $ 25 in North America
    Last edited by tjthemanto; Thu, Jan 15th, 2015 at 12:27 PM.

Canadian Genius
    Trading Score
    51 (100%)

Last edited by lecale; Sat, Jan 17th, 2015 at 10:19 AM.
    barbis9 and TooCouponCrazy like this.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

My heart goes out to each and every employee. These are tough times. As far as them closing down.....I'm not surprised at all.
    barbis9 and Decaf like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    324 (100%)

Is it really? I have many Sears points through my credit card...

Quote Originally Posted by ROMEO View Post
    Heard Sears will close all Canadian Stores

Trading Score
    2 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by BumbleB View Post
    I heard that too Romeo. Need to stock up on my vacuum bags.

Tough times in Canadian Retail.
    Oh, thank you for mentioning this! I had forgotten that Target is the only place I know of that still carries the bags I need!
    Jesus saves!
    SWAGBUCKS pays for so many of my housewares... http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/DizzyB

So many ways to earn at Mintvine https://mintvine.com/users/register/...9d2f2fe5be93d3

Trading Score
    2 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by ROMEO View Post
    Heard Sears will close all Canadian Stores
    I've heard this one, too...it's been flying around for so long! I won't be too upset if Sears goes. Target, on the other hand...*sniff, sniff*
    Decaf and hijinx25 like this.
    Jesus saves!
    SWAGBUCKS pays for so many of my housewares... http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/DizzyB

So many ways to earn at Mintvine https://mintvine.com/users/register/...9d2f2fe5be93d3

Page 3 of 68 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 53 ... LastLast

Thread Information