User Tag List

Page 13 of 68 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 15 23 63 ... LastLast
Like Tree2503Likes

Thread: Target leaving Canada!

Trading Score
    173 (100%)

Guys can we keep it polite in here please, it has already been moderate once

Try and stick to the facts, not hearsay or opinions
    Silk, Midnightly, hijinx25 and 1 others like this.
    Make an easy $20+ per month with Swagbucks - watch videos, search, play games & get paid!
    ~ ~ ~
    Save while shopping online with cashback from ebates
    Get cash rebates when you buy from amazon.ca, Old Navy and more - get paid by cheque or paypal!

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)

They should start a Target.ca a proper ecommerce website , where you can order goods ..just like WM, Amazon , they will really do well...when the stores close down.
    All you need is 2-3 major distribution centres to ship products from. One in the West , One in the Central & One in The East.

Their costs will be much lower & they will be much profitable. Initially they can just keep it (shipping) for the 10-15 major populated areas in Canada before expanding all over. All the store overheads , shop lifting etc will be gone.
    --------------------------------------------------

Even a Costco type membership model might work for them ..although Sam's Club failed ..I think a membership based model for Target would have worked for Traget Canada , just as its working for Costco.I don't think people would mind paying $ 50 a yr to shop there for quality goods & service.
    torontogal12 likes this.

Trading Score
    70 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by tjthemanto View Post
    They should start a Target.ca a proper ecommerce website , where you can order goods ..just like WM, Amazon , they will really do well...when the stores close down.
    All you need is 2-3 major distribution centres to ship products from. One in the West , One in the Central & One in The East.

Their costs will be much lower & they will be much profitable. Initially they can just keep it (shipping) for the 10-15 major populated areas in Canada before expanding all over. All the store overheads , shop lifting etc will be gone.

Even a Costco type membership model might work for them ..although Sam's Club failed ..I think a membership based model for Target would have worked for Traget Canada , just as its working for Costco.I don't think people would mind paying $ 50 a yr to shop there for quality goods & service.

see thats what i don't get.. people are always saying "if they had a website we could buy from it would be different" but online sales only make up about 10% of all sales in Canada (from a recent report that i heard) and it takes time to launch a large country wide website for sales(along with a whole new expensive department to set it up and run it).. take a look at walmart's site... it took them years to build up to what they have now even chapters website took them years to build(and chapters is still struggling to stay in this market) both of them get alot of negative feedback for glitches (having orders cancelled, items listed on the website saying instock until go to pay for it, shipping cost issues-yes walmart still has this issue) target was putting all their eggs into setting up the bricks and mortar stores before they got into the online market... they wanted the stores stable before they took the next step and they never got to make it to the next step
    When life hands you Edward Cullen...throw him back and demand Eric Northman....

[vbp_tr_most_helpful_today]
    Trading Score
    254 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Midnightly View Post
    see thats what i don't get.. people are always saying "if they had a website we could buy from it would be different" but online sales only make up about 10% of all sales in Canada (from a recent report that i heard) and it takes time to launch a large country wide website for sales(along with a whole new expensive department to set it up and run it).. take a look at walmart's site... it took them years to build up to what they have now even chapters website took them years to build(and chapters is still struggling to stay in this market) both of them get alot of negative feedback for glitches (having orders cancelled, items listed on the website saying instock until go to pay for it, shipping cost issues-yes walmart still has this issue) target was putting all their eggs into setting up the bricks and mortar stores before they got into the online market... they wanted the stores stable before they took the next step and they never got to make it to the next step
    You know if I had a nickel for every time someone said to me "you buy clothes online?! What if they don't fit!?" Or shoes, etc...I would be rich. I have been hearing this for almost a decade now. Canadians do not shop online as much as some seem to think they do.

HUH? YOU DON'T DO SWAGBUCKS??? ARE YOU CRAZAY?!

Trading Score
    173 (100%)

Yup, SCers are a bit more savvy about shopping and policies but in general, people do not shop like we do
    If they opened Target.ca to select markets, they would alienate the people outside of those markets (and business mail can be cheap enough that there is no need, I can send stuff at work by Purolator at less than 1/2 the price of Canada Post even with Venture 1)

That being said, people wanted a decent website and they could not stand up to Walmart without at least being able to check stock on their website (not necessarily ecommerce, just a stock check and show the items sold) - especially given the stock issues in stores. You don't want to trek to three different stores to find something
    Silk and Anna Michele like this.
    Make an easy $20+ per month with Swagbucks - watch videos, search, play games & get paid!
    ~ ~ ~
    Save while shopping online with cashback from ebates
    Get cash rebates when you buy from amazon.ca, Old Navy and more - get paid by cheque or paypal!

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

People of Walmart - Looking forward to this , not

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    25 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by tjthemanto View Post

People wouldn't shop at target for free, not sure a membership format would have helped, I think they would have had to be a lot bigger for that type of retail.

Trading Score
    10 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Midnightly View Post
    i was told that walmart was doing away with the self check out (and the reason our super walmart doesn't have them) is the high incidence if theft
    Frankly i wish there was a high incidence of theft at all of them so all stores do away with it.

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    8 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by annedougherty View Post
    You know if I had a nickel for every time someone said to me "you buy clothes online?! What if they don't fit!?" Or shoes, etc...I would be rich. I have been hearing this for almost a decade now. Canadians do not shop online as much as some seem to think they do.
    That's because most companies already charge a lot for shipping it you, then want even more to ship it back if it doesn't fit or you don't like it. They make online returns a nightmare to deal with! I use to do a ton of online shopping but int he last year or so have cut back as I ended up with so many purchases I would get stuck with. Now I will try to do online shopping at places where I can easily do a return, Aldo shoes for example.
    annedougherty and Decaf like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    13 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by bella_bamba View Post
    That's because most companies already charge a lot for shipping it you, then want even more to ship it back if it doesn't fit or you don't like it. They make online returns a nightmare to deal with! I use to do a ton of online shopping but int he last year or so have cut back as I ended up with so many purchases I would get stuck with. Now I will try to do online shopping at places where I can easily do a return, Aldo shoes for example.
    Not only that but company like Forever21 has final sale...you get stuck with clothes that doesn't fit.

Trading Score
    254 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by bella_bamba View Post
    That is the misperception that prevents people from shopping online. I buy 100% of my clothes online, free shipping, from a variety of retailers, cheaper than in store, and I can simply return them in store, or for free with the shipping label provided. Some of them make it very easy
    Last edited by annedougherty; Tue, Jan 20th, 2015 at 12:42 PM.

Trading Score
    254 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Decaf View Post
    Not only that but company like Forever21 has final sale...you get stuck with clothes that doesn't fit.
    I believe only sale items are final sale at forever 21? Not 100% sure but I think so.
    Lyssia510 likes this.

Trading Score
    5 (86%)

Too bad for Barrie Ont they just got a new Target
    Coin Out:
    https://coinout.com/referrals/new?r=MZC6CYR

Still paying with PayPal
    http://superpay.me/members/withdraw/list.php?ref=Truckerswife2

Trading Score
    5 (86%)

Is there not a few Zellers stores still opened in the Ottawa area? Bells Corner area?
    Last edited by Horndogg; Tue, Jan 20th, 2015 at 01:05 PM.
    Coin Out:
    https://coinout.com/referrals/new?r=MZC6CYR

Still paying with PayPal
    http://superpay.me/members/withdraw/list.php?ref=Truckerswife2

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)

Target to start liquidations in two to three weeks

http://www.thestar.com/business/2015/01/19/target-to-start-liquidations-in-two-to-three-weeks.html

Page 13 of 68 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 15 23 63 ... LastLast

Thread Information