• 3 Post By toban
  • 3 Post By beckie.c
  • 1 Post By padyofurniture
  • 1 Post By Shwa Girl
  • 1 Post By padyofurniture
  • 1 Post By Crochetlady
  • 1 Post By walkonby
  • 1 Post By SassyAshley

Thread: QotD: 10 Feb 2015: Oops, wrong number!

Trading Score
    4 (100%)

Name:  02-10-2015.jpg
Views: 352
Size:  80.3 KB
    This thread is currently associated with: N/A
    Natalka, Lynn49, walkonby and 2 others like this.
    DANGER

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I don't often dial the wrong number since most of my numbers are programmed in my phone. I do, however, often get calls from an older lady in Maine. At least once a week she calls my cell and starts talking. I let her say her piece but now I just say wrong number. Whoever she is trying to call must have a very similar phone number since this has gone on for well over a year.

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

^ we also have an elderly woman who calls - once in a while over the past few years. She now knows my voice, and hangs up when I answer and she realizes it's the wrong number.

Otherwise, for wrong numbers, my usual answer is "S/he's in the shower." - yeah, I can see in some situations, that could start something.... that's the point.
    ROMEO, Lynn49, danger_dan and 1 others like this.

Trading Score
    726 (100%)

3 years later and we still get calls for the previous owners of the house. Doesn't really make sense since we don't have the same phone number they did.... I'm assuming people are just googling the address and call the number that's listed.

Not sure if they owe money or what the deal is but it's about once a month that someone calls. Most of the time it's like they don't believe me. I keep explaining but it doesn't seem to be working. So now once I've explained that the previous owners don't live here because they sold this house, I hang up.
    ROMEO, Lynn49, danger_dan and 1 others like this.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Very rarely get wrong numbers. If our phone reads: "unknown number" or person or whatever, we simply don't answer. Leave a message, and WE'LL get back to them. I dislike being interrupted by anyone I don' tknow. All those political calls we got but didn't answer! We'd have been on the phone all day!!

It's unfortunate, however, that places like my physiotherapy, hubby's Toronto hospital and our dental offices come through as "unknown"...I would have actually answered them.. Why on earth do they do that, anyway? I just avoid answering them.
    ROMEO and danger_dan like this.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I dial the wrong number the odd time. Most cases when the person says "Hello" I recognize it's the wrong person,say sorry wrong number and hang up. Not too long ago a woman called my number and asked if Jennifer was home. I said sorry you have the wrong number. She became irate and called me a "f'ing moron and insisted Jennifer was there. I hung up.
    Natalka, walkonby and danger_dan like this.

Trading Score
    27 (100%)

I don't get very many wrong number calls, but I do get some wrong number text messages... some of those have been pretty interesting texts...
    Natalka, danger_dan and Candini like this.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I've dialed the wrong number on occasion. I find it interesting when people see you've called them by looking at their display (no voicemail or anything) and then call you back saying "you called my number". I guess I'm not interested enough in who's calling me that I'd do that.
    danger_dan likes this.

Trading Score
    7 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by bargain_hunter_lola View Post
    3 years later and we still get calls for the previous owners of the house. Doesn't really make sense since we don't have the same phone number they did.... I'm assuming people are just googling the address and call the number that's listed.

Not sure if they owe money or what the deal is but it's about once a month that someone calls. Most of the time it's like they don't believe me. I keep explaining but it doesn't seem to be working. So now once I've explained that the previous owners don't live here because they sold this house, I hang up.
    We got the same --> previous person's phone calls. And their mail.
    danger_dan likes this.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

We still get mail for the previous owners and we've been here for about 8-9 years. It's mostly admail nowadays.
    danger_dan likes this.

Trading Score
    65 (100%)

I used to get calls from the Blyth theater all the time. One of their volunteers had a number that was one digit different from mine. I finally called her and asked her to make sure they had the right number. Guess someone had a problem reading numbers because I still got calls til she quit volunteering.
    danger_dan likes this.

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

getting wrong number calls pretty regularly as of late. This one woman calling here is adorable! Thick accent, I can barely understand her, she asks for a name ( I still cannot understand what name ) but I have tried to be as patient as possible saying
    " no honey you have the wrong number again" , and sure as sh*t she hangs up and calls right back a second time! lol!!
    danger_dan likes this.

babies teach us acceptance

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Used to get "wrong"numbers on my cell phone all the time, I believe the person who had cell number before continued to hand it out even after I got the number. Worst part is it is a company phone and at certain times had to have people call our HR department to say they no longer had my number. I was told they could not remove my number unless I could provide a new phone number for them.

We used to always get them at home as well as the local youth center is only one number off our number.
    danger_dan likes this.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Thread Information