User Tag List

Page 34 of 58 FirstFirst ... 24 32 33 34 35 36 44 ... LastLast
Like Tree2879Likes

Thread: Christmas 2017 thread

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Found the Walmart toy clearance! Picked up a stuffed Elmo for $5 (my niece loves elmo) and a Melissa and Doug Mickey mouse puzzle/dress up kit for her for her birthday bag next year for $10.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

bought 2 metal back scratchers today for stocking 2.99 -at pharmasave
    Ciel, macw1960 and scouponer like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Wrg thread
    Last edited by Frugalbigmama; Fri, Aug 19th, 2016 at 04:26 PM.
    macw1960 likes this.

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Not looking forward.

I'm not sure if I dislike Christmas or my birthday, or the misfortune that they are together.

People always prefer to go shopping on my birthday, Boxing Day. I always feel it is a major bother to take up people's valuable shopping time on my birthday so I just stay home doing nothing. One year, my closest friends insist we must celebrate, but the woman who considered me her best friend prefers to go buy a winter coat with her sister at warehouse sale. It always make me very sad.

And because people are so broke by Boxing Day, they would give me their unwanted gifts. Several people had given me same gift as the year before because they can't keep track. The bankers would give me free calendars/flashlight/tote from their bank that they got for free. (WTF?) Some of the time, they are even used stuff they found around the house. (used leather pencil case, really?) Other times, they want to be cheap and only went shopping for it on boxing day so they are late for our dinner (10pm is not dinner anymore, and what's with the opened box of Godiva?). Whichever way, I had never received a separate Christmas and a birthday gift. They would say, "I don't really care about Christmas, this is just your birthday." (Damn , why would you take my Christmas gift then? lol)

I am tempted to give people their birthday gift in July and say, "BTW, this is for Christmas as well."
    Ciel and macw1960 like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Bought a few gifts. Got my mom a new nautica nightgown from the bay. She only wears short sleeve nightgowns so good time to buy. On sale then additional 15%off. Also a nice Tommy Hilfiger t shirt . Also on sale and 15%off. On Thursday I noticed that linen chest had the breville espresso maker on sale for $110 off. So called mom and she picked it up for do for Christmas for DH. He won't get much else but he can't live without has espresso and his machine is almost 10 years old and is acting up. Hope it lasts until Christmas. Will keep my out out for a sale on kobo ereaders. I think I will get my mom a new one as hers is starting to act up a bit. Won't get one for as cheap as I have previously from Target for $33 and $55. So will have to pay close to reg price as they don't really have big discounts on them. September now so need to get serious!
    Angela273, Ciel and macw1960 like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by EvilTofu View Post
    Not looking forward.

I'm not sure if I dislike Christmas or my birthday, or the misfortune that they are together.

People always prefer to go shopping on my birthday, Boxing Day. I always feel it is a major bother to take up people's valuable shopping time on my birthday so I just stay home doing nothing. One year, my closest friends insist we must celebrate, but the woman who considered me her best friend prefers to go buy a winter coat with her sister at warehouse sale. It always make me very sad.

And because people are so broke by Boxing Day, they would give me their unwanted gifts. Several people had given me same gift as the year before because they can't keep track. The bankers would give me free calendars/flashlight/tote from their bank that they got for free. (WTF?) Some of the time, they are even used stuff they found around the house. (used leather pencil case, really?) Other times, they want to be cheap and only went shopping for it on boxing day so they are late for our dinner (10pm is not dinner anymore, and what's with the opened box of Godiva?). Whichever way, I had never received a separate Christmas and a birthday gift. They would say, "I don't really care about Christmas, this is just your birthday." (Damn , why would you take my Christmas gift then? lol)

I am tempted to give people their birthday gift in July and say, "BTW, this is for Christmas as well."
    My daughters birthday is Dec. 29th, but when we would have a birthday party for her, she would get her gifts in Christmas bags instead of birthday bags, I never noticed but she mentioned it to me a few years later. I always made sure that her birthday was special, and I think I went above and beyond!! My mother in laws birthday is Dec. 12, my husbands is Dec. 23 and my daughter Dec. 29th...
    ROMEO, Angela273, Ciel and 2 others like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

@ EvilTofu
    My dh's birthday is Dec 28, my cousin's birthday is Dec 29. Dh is the oldest of the grandchildren, so some of his aunts and uncles weren't very old when he was born. Some years I have given Dh an expensive gift for both his birthday and Christmas, whereas other years I haven't spent as mush and he got separate presents. One year his aunt gave him a remote control car for Christmas and gave him the battery pack to it on his birthday. My aunt gave my cousin one shoe and teased that he'd have to wait for his birthday to get the matching shoe. It's not always fun to have your birthday beteween Christmas and New Years. Some people are broke that time of year, while other people have travel plans. It can be frustrating.
    Ciel and macw1960 like this.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Angela273 View Post
    @ EvilTofu
    My dh's birthday is Dec 28, my cousin's birthday is Dec 29. Dh is the oldest of the grandchildren, so some of his aunts and uncles weren't very old when he was born. Some years I have given Dh an expensive gift for both his birthday and Christmas, whereas other years I haven't spent as mush and he got separate presents. One year his aunt gave him a remote control car for Christmas and gave him the battery pack to it on his birthday. My aunt gave my cousin one shoe and teased that he'd have to wait for his birthday to get the matching shoe. It's not always fun to have your birthday beteween Christmas and New Years. Some people are broke that time of year, while other people have travel plans. It can be frustrating.
    Funny you mention the shoe, my husband said his sister gave him one sock on his birthday Dec.23, and the other sock for Christmas!! I'm sure he got other things and this was a joke, but that's how he remembers it!!
    Angela273 and macw1960 like this.

Trading Score
    68 (100%)

I picked up a 50.00 Google play go for the older son. Sobeys has 50 bonus AM so it was a good time to shop. I also picked a tea infuser and mug when David's had their summer sale. For the same child. At least I can say I have started.
    Friends don't let real friends pay full price.

Trading Score
    189 (100%)

Me!!!

Only thing I dislike about Xmas is that DDs birthday is a month after. So 2 X the gifts and excitement...

I`ve already started my shopping. I shop lightly for everyone except DD.

But decorating, I`m so excited... I have two trees, one small pink one, and a large white one with blue lights.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by lilo0003 View Post
    I picked up a 50.00 Google play go for the older son. Sobeys has 50 bonus AM so it was a good time to shop. I also picked a tea infuser and mug when David's had their summer sale. For the same child. At least I can say I have started.
    What is the Google play go card for? Maybe I need one? lol
    macw1960 likes this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

I am still itching for a SDM redemption to get going on shopping but will wait till the freezer is ready so I can add good food deals.
    macw1960 likes this.

Trading Score
    68 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Frugalbigmama View Post
    What is the Google play go card for? Maybe I need one? lol
    if you are an android user this the Google version of an ITunes card. So he uses it for games, in app purchases and music.
    sweetmomma and macw1960 like this.
    Friends don't let real friends pay full price.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by lilo0003 View Post
    if you are an android user this the Google version of an ITunes card. So he uses it for games, in app purchases and music.
    Ok thanks! So iTunes is what my kids use so the same idea! Learn something everyday!
    macw1960 likes this.

Trading Score
    184 (100%)

I ordered 3 gifts from the Lids Clearance which was featured in the blog. It took patience but there was an extra 30% off and I will pick it up in the store - so no delivery charge. Two were for one of my brothers and the other for a friend.
    sweetmomma and macw1960 like this.

Page 34 of 58 FirstFirst ... 24 32 33 34 35 36 44 ... LastLast

Thread Information