User Tag List

Page 48 of 58 FirstFirst ... 38 46 47 48 49 50 ... LastLast
Like Tree2879Likes

Thread: Christmas 2017 thread

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    25 (100%)

Well prep for next year has started!! I picked up some beautiful wrapping paper and cards at Chapters and a few pieces of costume jewelry at Sears for 70% off, they also had 30% off Clearance clothing so got some 45.00 sweat pants for 8.99 and some work out shirts for my husband and socks and slippers for next to nothing. Going to spend tomorrow organizing stuff to pack away until next year!!

Canadian Genius
    Trading Score
    51 (100%)

Officially started shopping for 2017!

Walmart has some great stocking stuffers, NHL fastwrap (velcro wristband) watches for $10 regular $26.96

http://www.walmart.ca/search/nhl%20fastwrap%20watch

Trading Score
    68 (100%)

DH picked me pick the 1st gift of 2017. Starbucks has all the holiday ware on sale and I wanted a new holiday travel mug, 50% off sweet. I also did an inventory of gift wrap and tags. I suspect I shall have enough to last my lifetime. I found two of the Costco roles unopened. I recall buying them end of season the same year that Target had 90% off and I have lots of that paper & boxes left so I will be good for quiet a while.
    Friends don't let real friends pay full price.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Didn't buy much on Boxing Day tried to go to the mall twice but parking lot was full and probably 100 cars circling so abandoned it. Did get to chapters pier one and superstore for wrap ( not that I need I) and tags, boxes, Lindt bear with heart for DJ for Valentine's Day, Christmas crackers for next year,a Christmas pillow, etc.most of the gift sets of lotions, body wash perfume etc were gone at rcss when I got there at 8:45 am Boxing Day. Saw several people with cartloads of the gift sets and chocolates and cookies...I am thinking they plan to sell them. They left the wrap and decorations alone so was able to at least take advantage of that. Just wanted one aveeno set to use up my last coupon....will have to get up earlier next year! Found my nephew who is 6 a Star Wars Lego watch that you build...so cute couldn't resist even though it was still $13.99. Will give as part of birthday gift this summer. Disappointed wth children's place ad I gave a bunch of place bucks, but nothing is on sale. So will wait and see as I figure I can buy cheaper during a sale!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Got a Christmas ornament for each of my 3 nieces for next Christmas. Bombay sale was 75% off and no tax. Each ornament was in the $50 price range ( who pays that?) so got them for about $12.50 each. Very nice ornaments..also picked up a wreath for us and a potted arrangement for my mom and some Christmas napkins for next Christmas. So many nice things but don't need them and even with the 75 off and no tax is still expensive. But over $725 for $149.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Totally organized all the Christmas wrap/bags etc. and I need nothing. So one less thing to worry about!

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by scouponer View Post
    Got a Christmas ornament for each of my 3 nieces for next Christmas. Bombay sale was 75% off and no tax. Each ornament was in the $50 price range ( who pays that?) so got them for about $12.50 each. Very nice ornaments..also picked up a wreath for us and a potted arrangement for my mom and some Christmas napkins for next Christmas. So many nice things but don't need them and even with the 75 off and no tax is still expensive. But over $725 for $149.
    $50 for an ornament I like $12.50 much better as well = great job!
    Newfiescreech, Ciel and scouponer like this.
    2019 is the year that we continue to save before we buy!!!

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

DH and I ventured out last week alone to C Tire as we needed to return a gift.

Well we hit the ornament jackpot, all the ornaments that were used to decorate the Christmas trees in the store were greatly discontinued. After the discount they were .50 cents each so we grabbed about 25 of them, dh will add these ornaments on a homemade bottle of wine next year for his colleagues at the school. We're thinking that a nice bottle of homemade wine with a beautiful ornament hanging from the bottle neck will make a beautiful gift and reasonably priced to boot

I'm keeping a log of what we got the kids this year that they really liked so that next year we can get them another or add to the collection, etc.

I've told my parents that next year MIL will be hosting Christmas as MIL told my kids she wanted to host this year but I was hosting because my folks had nowhere to go. So my parents are aware and hopefully 1 of my 2 brothers will step us and invite them.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Frugalbigmama View Post
    Totally organized all the Christmas wrap/bags etc. and I need nothing. So one less thing to worry about!
    Bought 2 packages of ribbon yesterday for .44 each at RCSS. I have a bit but needed more (I didn't put ribbon on this past Christmas because I didn't really have much)

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

I have my new running list of Christmas gifts (kept a list of items that people asked for and updated to include the items they did not received) yippee......

I have a running list of stocking stuffers for my kids. The list includes items that they really like getting this year and new items which I think will be a hit. I plan on picking up an item each month to lessen the burden financially.

PS I love reading everyones bargains & purchases

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by jasperandchar View Post
    I have my new running list of Christmas gifts (kept a list of items that people asked for and updated to include the items they did not received) yippee......

I have a running list of stocking stuffers for my kids. The list includes items that they really like getting this year and new items which I think will be a hit. I plan on picking up an item each month to lessen the burden financially.

PS I love reading everyones bargains & purchases
    Please share your list! We may find sales/deals for you. And good ideas for us

I picked up stocking stuffers and the little things as I found them last year and it totally made the difference. Plan on doing the same this year.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

I pick up stocking stuffers year round
    -oh 2 rolls of tom smith wrapping paper at shoppers 1.00 for next year

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    459 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by coupon girl View Post
    I pick up stocking stuffers year round
    -oh 2 rolls of tom smith wrapping paper at shoppers 1.00 for next year
    That is my favorite paper! I know people say it doesn't matter because no one pays attention to the paper just rip open the gift but it matters to me!

My stores have the paper around $2 a roll. Still waiting for the box set to go on sale. It's $10 from $30 but still too steep for me lol!

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk
    Want to keep fit while earning incentives like Scene Points? Join Carrot Rewards using my personal code: rosaw3424

Easy Free Online Rewards--Paypal, Amazon, Etc.

http://swagbucks.com/refer/BlingPink

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Walmart had 90% off Christmas stuff when I went yesterday.

Bought:

.30 Cents Ribbon
    .49 Hallmark Christmas cards for DS to hand out to friends
    .70 Hallmark Christmas cards for me

Totally need nothing for supplies now!

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Frugalbigmama View Post
    Walmart had 90% off Christmas stuff when I went yesterday.

Bought:

.30 Cents Ribbon
    .49 Hallmark Christmas cards for DS to hand out to friends
    .70 Hallmark Christmas cards for me

Totally need nothing for supplies now!
    Will have to see if local store might have any gift bags. I know my Cdn Tire has a good assortment of sale Xmas decor, some wrapping paper rolls and stockings but I did not see not much in gift bags (that can be used for other occasions too, not just in December).

If you have a Longos store in your area, see if the Papyrus Xmas cards/tags are still in the clearance area or marked down until Jan. 26.

I missed any sale items on Dec. 26 at my local Shoppers because I was at the store during the week and on Dec.31-aside from a couple of endcaps relating to skincare, nothing remained.
    Still intend to visit the Nash & Queenston Bed & Bath Warehouse store to get some gift bags there as well.
    Last edited by Ciel; Wed, Jan 18th, 2017 at 11:28 AM.
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Page 48 of 58 FirstFirst ... 38 46 47 48 49 50 ... LastLast

Thread Information