• 10 Post By Lynn49
  • 11 Post By TaraF
  • 9 Post By beckie.c
  • 5 Post By frugal50
  • 4 Post By coupon girl
  • 3 Post By toban
  • 3 Post By vesper
  • 2 Post By Lily369

Thread: QotD: 25 Mar 2015: think back...

Trading Score
    4 (100%)

Name:  03-25-2015.jpg
Views: 227
Size:  82.2 KB
    This thread is currently associated with: N/A
    Andit, Natalka, Lynn49 and 3 others like this.
    DANGER

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Yep, pretty much what I pictured...a self-fulfilling picture, probably..
    Acheived? Well, having been a child...girl...of the 50s and 60s, we were all pretty much expected to be married in our early 20s...check...have kids...check...care for hearth and home, our elderly parents, check, check, travel in our retirement with our original spouse...and be kind, loving, and available grandparents....check! Lol! So having accomplished all that, then yes...a success! Of course other girls were encouraged to attend college or university, but I wasn't one of them.

The future? Well we're well into our bucket list...the Washington cherry blossom festival being one of mine in two weeks, the Rose Bowl parade being another....did Rome, the pyramids, eastern Mediterranean...but the biggest one would be living long enough to see our grandson grow into a good, kind and successful young man!

Trading Score
    99 (100%)

Not. Even. Close. First and most importantly is that I always vowed to NEVER get married and here I am And being sick with cancer certainly wasn't on the radar either, so I can honestly say that I am not lliving the life I pictured at any point. lol Where do I want to be in even 5 years? I'll take happy & healthy for $100 Alex. That's my goal in life anymore. I'm not too greedy at this stage in my life.

Trading Score
    27 (100%)

I'm definitely on track with the bones of my "plan". Go to University, Good Job, Travel, Complete my bucket list. Some of the details have changed significantly.

At 15, when I was starting to think about "What I want to be when I grow up" I was convinced I wanted to be this big shot executive in the international business world, be single, living abroad in hotels, wearing fancy suits and shoes on airplanes, etc. That was kind of my version of 'running away' from home. Looking back, this sounded like a pretty lonely plan.

At 25 now, I'm working with a more local based company, still in the business world and save the international takeover for when I want to go on vacation and an adventure... while wearing my most comfortable sweatpants on airplanes :D and I love having a place to call home and someone to share it with.

The next 5 years are going to be pretty exciting. They include no more debt expect mortgage (Woohoo good by student loans!), at least one trip to Europe next fall, and then it will probably be time to start think about expanding our family.
    Natalka, TaraF, Lynn49 and 6 others like this.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

NO goals just taking it one day at a time.
    You can't change other people. You can only change yourself"
    - H. H. Getter

when we change our attitude, we change our lives

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

I second what lynn said -had girl and a boy in my 20's -and have travelled with hubby a bit ,took care of my elderly mother for almost 7 years-son went thru college daughter thru university -wonderfull adult
    -I am happy and content in my life -wish i had a bit better health
    -hope I live long enough to see my granddaughter who is 17 month grow into a wonderfull young lady

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Major goals I have achieved- I left a very violent relationship and thankfully made it out alive.

Future goals- Getting my body back in shape, surgery to repair old abuse injury, and travel.
    Lynn49, danger_dan and wolfwoman like this.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

No but I'll be at that spot one day. Or all this work will cause me to stay drunk wondering around your town in my underwear all the time.

Good question Dan. I should reflect on this.
    Lynn49, toban and danger_dan like this.

Banned
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

No, I am not living the life I pictured and never achieve any major life goal, and in the next 5 years, I want to a person who have professional skill.
    Lynn49 and danger_dan like this.

Thread Information