User Tag List

Page 11 of 48 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 21 ... LastLast
Like Tree4701Likes

Thread: April Showers of Savings the sequel - 2015 Frugal Chatter

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Good morning!

Will make a start into baking Easter breads today.

Enjoy the day!

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by avoncallingu View Post
    Will you donate your locks?
    One day when I'm ready to go short but I'm not there yet. When I say I'm getting a cut I mean a trim lol

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Good Morning All,
    Ever have one of those nights where you lose time? I did somehow last night. I made dinner, finished dinner lots of time in the night. Next thing I knew I had lost over an hour and had to go into major panic mood to get just the basics done.

I have started to work on the house again, but it is a slow process biggest issue being our dumpster at home always seems to be full and half the time I cannot get our one bag of garage be produce a week in because as soon as it is emptied our neighbours are right there to fill it. So trying to toss out extra garbage can be fun **fingers crossed** so far no one has been out to fill it up this week yet. Yet again I am breaking the house up in sections or piles and working from there. This past weekend I got our couch cleared off as this has become a serious dumping ground. Next step is the end table in the living room as well as my room. With all of my travelling I just keep throwing everything in a pile to deal with later.

I also need to start posting things for sale again, I have so slacked off.

Hope everyone has a good day.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Trading Score
    17 (100%)

Good morning, everyone.

Got home last night & went to visit the neighbours, so neither time nor energy to play on the laptop (well, it didn't help that the darn thing decided it was time for some spring cleaning and updating, sheesh).

Had a nice quiet Easter weekend, Lily & my Mom, not so much. Lily dog overindulged (ok, so she was spoiled rotten & overate) and was up all night paying the price on Sat. My Mom was sweet & closed my door so I wouldn't hear the 2 of them going out every couple of hours. So, I ended up going to my friend's for Easter Sunday dinner alone (Lily & my Mom needed naps). My friend, who had been expecting nearly 20 for dinner, ended up with only 6 guests for dinner (we were joking that people were dropping like flies ). Next event is in the summer, here's hoping all the flu bugs and viruses are dead and burned by the blazing sun by then.

On the plus side, everyone has enough leftovers to last a week! Yippee! No cooking for me!

Lily dog is in a mood cause she isn't getting extra treats. Quincy cat is in a mood cause it was cold when we came home last night and I hadn't brought his coat along, so the poor boy was freezing (in the car, with the heaters up to the point I had to take off my jacket I was so hot). I'm in a mood cause I did some online shopping before I went awol & just found out my order couldn't be processed cause my CC wouldn't authorize the purchase (I've used it since with no issues ). I've shopped there before with that same CC, last time was Jan with no issues, so not sure what's the story there. On the plus side, maybe someone's telling me to save my pennies for something else?

Better get myself organized and start my day (brats are still asleep in their beds).

Hope everyone has a wonderful day.

For a smile, see our vids: http://www.youtube.com/lilyquincy

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

@Andit your poor friend, that's a lot of work to host 20 people all the prep, food, energy etc and the disappointment to only have 20. Thankfully though she was blessed to have those that did show up and shower them with goodies for the next little while. Your kiddos/brats are such characters.
    2019 is the year that we continue to save before we buy!!!

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

@SassyAshley take it easy, you don't want to run yourself ragged and be sick again, things get done in time (wink), I think we can all relate they sometimes get on our nerves but sometimes we can't control the things that get in the way in your case the dumpster, could you leave the bags beside the dumpster if full or call the folks responsible for them or perhaps whomever does property management should add another dumpster.
    2019 is the year that we continue to save before we buy!!!

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Last night was a lazy night so will be at it tonight! Will finish laundry and put it all away. Will organize spare room with my portable tables and then have boys bring up ALL boxes from the diningroom. Will organize the stuff and post min. 10 NEW items for sale. Then cleaning the diningroom! That is tonights plan.

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Nancy that is the funny things all residence have been told if you are renovating or cleaning out your house to them the board know and they will arrange extra pick ups but no one ever does and if we do arrange a week before they "miss" our second pick up.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

made homemade turkey soup -got 4 containers in freezer
    -made a sale from kijiji -actually I have been holding for an older lady - a few betty boop item 15.00-will take to her on wed
    -now gonna head out to libarary

Trading Score
    65 (100%)

Went to get my blood work done this morning. Then I went to Zehrs. Had PC Plus points on Old Mill bread so I stocked the freezer. They also had loads of discounted Easter chocolate so I snagged 6 Lindt bunnies...like I really need more chocolate lol

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    75 (100%)

I also have really long hair and haven't got it cut in maybe 4 years I just keep letting it grow and tie it back as I'm to frugal to cut it lol. Last year my oldest DD decided to cut her hair and had enough to donate. Maybe someday I'll be brave enough to cut my hair that short but for now I may just get a trim someday lol.
    Last edited by bobbiegirl2010; Tue, Apr 7th, 2015 at 06:58 PM.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

got a super great deal -after the library-I went to fortinos
    -got 3 biotene spray for my dry mouth 8.64-50%=4.32-got 3 at fortinos for the price of one at shoppers

Trading Score
    68 (100%)

The hair cut turned out great. It looks as good as when I pay 65.00 at the salon. It only cost the gas to drive to the city she goes to school in. I may even get her do highlights to cover the grey hair.
    Friends don't let real friends pay full price.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

LO threw up again at 3am. I was up with him most of the night. I got 1hr sleep between 2:30am-7:00am. I took a 2hr nap and a 1hr nap today. It was a long day. LO is already in bed for the night, over 1hr before his usual bedtime. He put himself to sleep on the living room floor with a big fuzzy blanket, then I carried him to bed.

I got a new large stainless steal water bottle from CAA for $11, discounted from originally being over $20. Used CAA dollars to buy it. The lady forgot to ask if I wanted to use the CAA dollars towards my home insurance that I renewed today, so I figured I might as well use them on this planned purchase. I also went shopping at Sobeys for the 10% off day. I'm still waiting for my Airmiles to be credited from my regular expensive prescription, I learned in the past to keep the till receipt for this very reason.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

Well, that only lasted an hour. LO is already up crying.

I talked to my mom for a while today. She found a place where a person put a free sign out front. When she checked it out they have been putting out a variety of good baby items, so mom and her fiance have been keeping an eye out and picking things up. My dad raised me, so I have a different relationship with my mom. Anyway, she has invited us to stay with them while waiting for the twins to arrive...whenever that is. We have also received the same offer from a friend who lives just outside Saskatoon. Mom's place is in Saskatoon.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Page 11 of 48 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 21 ... LastLast

Thread Information