User Tag List

Page 13 of 48 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 15 23 ... LastLast
Like Tree4701Likes

Thread: April Showers of Savings the sequel - 2015 Frugal Chatter

Trading Score
    65 (100%)

I called one of the stores last week. They`re down to 8 towels so I`ve been busy crocheting. Have to sew buttons on about 25 towels tonight. Threaded the ribbon and did bows on 2 ruffled afghans so will be delivering the stuff tomorrow. It`s also time to go to AnnaMae`s. And so it begins.

I just went on their website. They will be featured on You gotta eat here on Friday May 8th@9:00 pm.
    Last edited by Crochetlady; Wed, Apr 8th, 2015 at 07:01 PM.

Trading Score
    68 (100%)

Crochetlady: thanks for letting us know about the upcoming you gotta eat here. We don't have cable now so hopefully we can find it on line after it airs. I was planning a weekend lunch there soon, better go before the show. Logan has a lacrosse game in Waterloo soon, maybe we can do them together
    Friends don't let real friends pay full price.

Trading Score
    184 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Frugalbigmama View Post
    Last night was a lazy night so will be at it tonight! Will finish laundry and put it all away. Will organize spare room with my portable tables and then have boys bring up ALL boxes from the diningroom. Will organize the stuff and post min. 10 NEW items for sale. Then cleaning the diningroom! That is tonights plan.
    That sounds like a "season's" plan for me! You are such a go-getter!
    Here's to all you great SC'ers
    Join Swagbucks and make $$$
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/avoncallingu

Trading Score
    184 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by coupon girl View Post
    got a super great deal -after the library-I went to fortinos
    -got 3 biotene spray for my dry mouth 8.64-50%=4.32-got 3 at fortinos for the price of one at shoppers
    It's great when you get "necessities" for cheap!

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

-talked to my daughter tonight -gee I missed talking to her -gonna go and visit sat -to Toronto (hubby my son/wife and ashlyn and I) daughter is cooking pizza homemade and pasta -she makes her own meatballs and sauce
    -just read today a nice novel from the library almost done it
    -made 15.00 from kijiji
    so hubby and I decided to eat out at harveys with a coupon of course came to 10.14 for the both of us burger fries and ice tea -hubby had hot dog fries and iced t without coupon would have been close to 18

Trading Score
    184 (100%)

Hello folks! Well, unfortunately, after 2 rounds of anti-biotics, dh is still not free of his symptoms. We've called the dr. and she is to get back to us. He'll probably have to see her tomorrow, but what he has is so infectious, it'll probably have to be at the hospital so they can take appropriate precautions.

This might mean that we are still confined to the house. (mostly)

I'm trying to produce meals that feature, low protein, no "fermented" food, no dairy, - can have starch - low to no sugar - no caffeine - no oils, no spices to speak of - DH is grudgingly saying they are "tasty" but I know that that is not true. (He is making some "fried" meals when I'm not around and then suffering for it.)

We have to beef up his probiotics and so lots of yogurt and probiotic pills.

Any ideas? I'm running out of ideas, and energy!

Trading Score
    42 (100%)

Ugh. 4-day week = behind in course work. One assignment at a time. Finished one of two weekly assignments tonight and made headway on the "final."

Still haven't met nephew. Family is keeping visitors at arms length (NP, I understand...) UNTIL...I see a FB post about #friendswhoarefamily who got to visit with the baby. I am hurt. When I asked my other SIL if she had met baby she said no and posts like that is exactly why she has unfollowed baby's mother on FB.

Looking forward to the weekend.
    "There are more important things--friendship and bravery...."
    -Hermione Granger

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

avon, gee - that's awful he's having to go through this. Does he have MRSA?
    Perhaps it's time he goes on IV antibiotics?

Hoping things get better for him soon!

Just finished packing up Babkas, blanched cabbage leaves, and cooked portioned barley to put in the freezer.

Tomorrow is Paska baking day.

One Awesome Domestic Diva MrsSunshine's Avatar
    Trading Score
    88 (100%)

heh all. been busy crazy here.. hopefully i'll get a chance to pop back in on the weekend.
    hope everyone is doing well.
    Be Strong
    Be True
    Be You.
    Simple as that!

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Good morning, all!

Nice to have spring weather again - in the double digits!

Just waiting til it's time for my husband to get up so I can start making Paskas.

Have a great Thirsty Thursday!

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

avon hope hubby feels better
    -well I have a tidbit information did you know shampoo and conditioner only have a shelf life of 2 and a half years-after that they lose their effectiveness i called Clairol-as my herbal essence shampoo was from 2010-hair colour lasts 3years-so no buying shampoo for awhile for us
    -may go to doctors today and see if he can help with my dry mouth

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Good Morning! Decided today is the day I clean my office. I have so many files etc that need to be cleaned up and stuff that can be sent to storage. So that is my plan today at work

Trading Score
    17 (100%)

Good morning, everyone.

It's dark & dreary here, so everyone is sleepy. Lily dog decided to take a nap beside the couch & the short one thought it would be fun to take a flying leap and pounce on her tail. Poor girl ran to her bed to hide and the brat got sent to his room, protesting all the way. Quincy cat was not happy when Lily dog got extra treats to make up for the indignities done to her and he was more or less shunned by the gals he lives with.

Didn't get any of the things done yesterday that I had planned (life keeps getting in the way, which isn't necessarily a bad thing, although I could have done without the hurricane-like conditions ), so I'd best get started with my chores.

Hope everyone has a wonderful day.

For a smile, see our vids: http://www.youtube.com/lilyquincy

Trading Score
    65 (100%)

@ avoncallingyou Gosh your DH has been through the wringer. Hope he gets better soon.

@ Andit Love reading about the brats antics...they brighten an otherwise dull day.
    Last edited by Crochetlady; Thu, Apr 9th, 2015 at 11:16 AM. Reason: can`t spell

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

The drizzle/wind seems to be playing "slow down the computer terminals" at some stores today, so be prepared in case the debit/card terminal acts up or the cash register is slowly listing items/discounts. Had purchased items at Shoppers before going onto the library this morning and the register was slow to show each item on-screen. Fortunately, only two of us customers were at the counter-no Senior's Day stampede was in progress. I imagine it will get more interesting if the rainfall warning for today in Ontario comes true with more gloomy weather or as @Andit wrote "hurricane-like conditions" (which I watched through windows yesterday morning).

I had noticed a Question of the Day in relation to March-have to say I was glad I got through the last week of March as Mother Nature gave me a sampling of what it's like when hormone levels play "so you think you can bend, walk, move" with joint pain aka perimenopause then spring a delayed monthly cycle. I reached for pain relief to soften the "new normal" coming my way.
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Page 13 of 48 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 15 23 ... LastLast

Thread Information