User Tag List

Page 40 of 46 FirstFirst ... 30 38 39 40 41 42 ... LastLast
Like Tree4146Likes

Thread: May Busy Beavers - May 2015 Frugal Chatter Thread

Contradiction in progress sweet sparrow's Avatar
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Granger View Post
    I am a peony fan too. I split a larger bush last year so I could have more. Mine are the dark pink...would offer you some if I hadn't split last year, don't remember you location either though!

I turned the air on. Thermostat is set to 25 though. Crawl space helps keeps bedroom part of the house cool. At 25 it just keeps the edge of the humidity at bay. Our home seems to keep cool, summers will be more frugal than winter (bc we are trying to heat the beast!) even with AC usage. DH used to work HVAC and always said it was more cost effective to set and keep a temperature. Just do a couple degrees warmer or cooler than average. At 26 I sweat doing house work so 25 it is!
    They sound beautiful. How do you split peonies?

My current ones were ordered from the Vancouver area. They came in a box of light dirt (peat moss?) and it was the first plant I've ever received like that. New immigrants!

So it's more cost effective to set one temperature instead of lowering or turning off the AC when you're out? Ours is currently not working so I'm expecting a high bill for the fan trying to bring down the temperature while waiting for the AC repair at the end of this week.
    Last edited by sweet sparrow; Wed, May 27th, 2015 at 02:05 PM.

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    75 (100%)

A 3 items picked up so another $70 in my crap jar I have made $256.50 so I now have enough $$ to pay off the fruit trees and the new gazebo top (DH went ahead and ordered it this morning)

Next item to save for will be a new bike rack for when we go camping. We need a different style (and probably more expensive lol) to use with our new trailer. I already sold the old one so I must go looking for more stuff to list I already have some stuff in mind...

Trading Score
    68 (100%)

if anyone is in the Burlington area check out the RBG (Royal Botanical Gardens) the Peony gardens are amazing & they don't last long. I am not sure what the cost of admission is.
    Friends don't let real friends pay full price.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Oh my goodness, I love peonies. We have them in our backyard. Will have to split them and move some to the front. @ lilo......I just googled it....absolutely beautiful. @bobbiegirl . you are doing amazing on the selling of items. I would love to sell some of our stuff but I don't really know where to start. Another co-worker just came to work and brought me some Solomon's seal. More digging tonight.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

well checkout out okay at dentist -she said may take more time or I may have to live with this -as I till deal with about 12 days out of the month with dry mouth
    -stopped into fortinos got 91.08 worth of groceries and used 50.00 In points=41.08-yipeee

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Well so much for the rainy day I was expecting here today. Its nice and sunny out now! Will head home soon and get DS's sport bag ready and load the car. Change quick! Water and ice in re-useable bottles! And off we go!

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    75 (100%)

@toronto166

Selling stuff on FB is super easy! Look for local mom swap pages or online garage sale pages. Frugalbigmama and Jasperandchar inspired me to start selling stuff and it's become a second job lol.

momof5boys
    Trading Score
    509 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by sweet sparrow View Post
    Thanks everyone! I booked an appointment for next week for LO. It was the earliest I could get for a pre-booked appointment. Apart from that, I'm on the waiting list to see if the doctor can fit us in any earlier this afternoon. I think I'll call every day to see if he can see her on our way home from daycare. The receptionist was kind too, wanting to ask the doctor in person when he comes in and not wanting LO to wait long for an appointment.

I spoke to her care providers, and it seems that I'm the only one she gives any fuss to during diaper changes, though she has been out of sorts lately and cries much more than usual (generally, she's not a crier). I originally thought it was teeth or that she was getting sick from a cold/flu again. DH is her usual diaper changer as I have severe dermatitis which makes it very painful for me to change or bathe her sometimes. Often, she does fuss with me as she only wants DH to change her diaper.

I don't know what kind of flowers you have already but I noticed Canadian Tire had a pretty red daylily for sale on this week's flyer. It looked very pretty Or maybe a peony? I love peonies!

I'm looking for a dark pink peony as a companion for my pride and joy. These peonies were a gift from DH. I'm in love with the colour and especially the shape of the flower. The couple we ordered from were so lovely as well, sending us replacements when mine didn't come up out of the ground because of a harsh winter and a sudden frost in May of that year.

Attachment 283513
    If your child becomes worse, I definitely wouldn't wait for next week's appt - do you have a walk in clinic or hospital emerg nearby?

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

@toronto166 the bleeding hearts will perk back up, no worries
    2019 is the year that we continue to save before we buy!!!

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

@toronto166 the bleeding hearts will perk back up, no worries
    SassyAshley and toronto166 like this.

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

@sweet sparrow using your fans will be much cheaper than ac

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

@bobbiegirl2010 you are doing awesome with all your sales, it's so nice getting the money and getting rid of now useless stuff, eh

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

Evening all,

Another super busy day running errands, we left at 815 and didn't get home until 230 - country living at it's best. So hopefully no need to venture out until next week.

Supper was 1 chicken breast and pork chops, ran out of propane, then used spare tank ran out of propane and into the house to finish it AND sadly we were just at Costco today to fill our 100lbs tank as we are no longer getting propane from superior but would have been nice to know I needed some for my bbq but what can you do.

Dishes are all done & kitchen tidy, dh is heading to the moose camp this weekend with 2 guys that are possibly interested in paying to hunt there so fingers crossed it works out , it would certainly offset some costs for us.

So I've read that Discovery who I guess some how is related to the TLC channel is still deciding whether or not 19 kids and counting will be put back on the air, the filming of the show has been cancelled for now and that if it does go back on JOSH and his family will not be on the show which is fine by me so stayed tuned folks, I by no means in agreement (poor choice of words but can't think of the proper ones) what he did and the circumstances but I will admit I do miss the show.

Wishing everyone a great evening.

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

@coupon girl great shop

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    75 (100%)

@jasperandchar I agree with you re: 19 kids. I'd love to see the show continue without Josh and just focus on the other family members. I really enjoyed the focus on Jill and Jessa's courtships, marriages and now babies being born.

I have become addicted to selling stuff on FB lol. I made another $50 sale after I saw someone else post the same ikea shelving unit and have 5 people bid on it. I quickly cleaned mine up, photographed it and had it sold and picked up 2 hours later.

Page 40 of 46 FirstFirst ... 30 38 39 40 41 42 ... LastLast

Thread Information