User Tag List

Page 44 of 46 FirstFirst ... 34 42 43 44 45 46 LastLast
Like Tree4146Likes

Thread: May Busy Beavers - May 2015 Frugal Chatter Thread

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Hello all! DS went to a neighbourhood friends house so I popped out to RCSS. Stocked up on 2 in 1 shampoo for teen and arm and hammer laundry detergent. Have my 2 nd load in the wash. Will put all away when done! Debating stripping my bed or not lol. Dinner planned for tonight is pork chops on bbq with baked potatoe (all the fixings) and fresh green beans ( thank you Food basics sale) Hope to get to post stuff for sale but will see. Wanting to tidy all rooms first after laundry is all done and put away.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    25 (100%)

It is a dreary chilly day here, we had hoped to stain our deck but rain is threatening. I am staying in today and cleaning cleaning cleaning!! I worked way too much over the past two weeks and it shows, I just can't do as much as I used to before I got sick.I am hoping the surgeon can offer me options so I can feel myself again.
    As far as question of the day, I am staying out of the stores this week except to buy TP at London drugs with coupon and checkout 51 it is hard to pass up, and one quick stop at Safeway tonight to buy butter for 2.49 and nabob coffee for 8.97 (one day Sale). I've been waiting for these two things to go on sale for ages.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

-jasper not stocking up this week adding to my stockpile thou
    going to shoppers today we really need tylenol and it s only on today-bbq today steak I bought the other day 10.00 after points potatoes .99and cheap corn i got .39ach a cob works out too
    -hubby is working on deck -soooo hot here -I am helping him inbetween hanging clothing
    -went to a garage sale this morning -4 homes
    -I spent 2.00 got a tiny new elmo for 1.00 for "ashlyn" brand new -shopaholic book .50 and nicohlas sparks last book .50

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

@thriftygranny hope you start to feel like yourself soon
    2019 is the year that we continue to save before we buy!!!

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

@coupon girl great deals

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Good Afternoon All,
    Went grocery shopping this morning. Mom surprised me and got up early (7 am, that is early for her) so we could get to Costco when it opened. Worked out great we got home around Noon and instead of eating lunch or dinner out which would cost around $40 we just grabbed bagels and tea at Tim Horton's on the way and only cost $9. I would prefer to have not eaten out at all but baby steps.

I believe we were on budget but still need to add up the receipts. We did not really stock up on anything (QOTD) I did grab a few Classico Pasta sauces on sale for $1.99 - $1.00 Coupon - $0.50 ($1.00 WUB 2 on Snap Save) = $0.49/jar. Also grabbed two packs of Ground Beef/Pork blend and got PC Points for that. As well grabbed 3 bunches of Asparagus could not pass up $1.50/lb. Mostly just grabbed things we needed.

Tonight's dinner is going to be Salmon, not something we normally eat but Mom wants to try to get fish into her diet. Got two packs which I believe will do 4 meals for about $3.50/pack. Packs were originally about $10 - $12/pack. Will have this with some rice and asparagus.

Not much else on the go, off to choose a salmon recipe. Have a great day everyone.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

Afternoon all,

Laundry is in and folded and put away .

It's now pouring rain and thunder, I love a good thunderstorm , we still have power so that's good.

I got myself into a tad bit of trouble this am on a local fb page, there is a lady who changes dogs like the seasons, she has asked for bunnies, kittens, fish, parrots, specific dog breeds, bred a pug to a rotty and sold the pups (lucky the female didn't die but she doesn't care), bred a small terrier with a sheppard, gets rid of the moms, sells the pups then asks for another puppy always requesting females . Well I finally blew up, she deleted all of her posts (lol) but sent me an email which I didn't even bother to read, I can only imagine what it said. I just was honest and said that a dog is atleast a 10 year commitment and that people like her shouldn't have animals. I will be expecting another email I am sure, I can only imagine the drama and threaths that will follow. I really wish I hadn't deleted the email but cannot retrieve after looking this up on facebook help but it just pisses me off when animals are mistreated.

It's very warm in the house was wanting to bake as I have some rhubarb that is ready but perhaps tomorrow if it's cooler.

Wishing everyone a wonderful evening.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    25 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by jasperandchar View Post
    @thriftygranny hope you start to feel like yourself soon
    Thanks Nancy, I don't feel sick, just so tired from the meds, so I am hoping for light at the end of the tunnel!!
    I lied and bought more than I should have!!Safeway had a one day sale of 1.99 lean ground beef so I was not passing that one up!!Limit of two but I bought the biggest packs I could find so four pounds total. My toilet paper deal was a amazing, it was a better deal at Safeway, Cashmere and purex on for 4.99, buy two get 30 airmiles (worth about 3.00), had four 1.00 coupons and submitted to Snap for 1.50 a pack so after snap, coupons and airmiles they ended up being .99 for 12 double rolls. May have to see if I have more coupons and go back!!

momof5boys
    Trading Score
    509 (100%)

I finally decided my plan of attack for my osteoporosis diagnosis. Decided that drugs is out of the question - did a lot of reading on it and won't take the chance on the severe side effects that could happen. I've changed my diet somewhat to include more veggies/fruit and less breads and less meat. Also ditched my regular calcium and vitamin D supplements and have decided to go with Bone MD (which is proven to increase bone mineral density) and Cal-Mag Supreme from Health First (plant source calcium with magnesium, boron, zinc, vitamins D and K). I'll probably see a physiotherapist as well for some bone building exercises. Hopefully this will reverse the osteoporosis somewhat or at least stabilize it.

Trading Score
    7 (100%)

we had some nice rain the Shwa
    went out with the umbrella and used the hand spreader to apply Scotts Turf Builder (paid tax only, a while ago)
    didn't have to turn on a hose or open a tap because the rain water was freeeeeee

Trading Score
    42 (100%)

Just finished my list of to dos...

Read a spectacular poem tonight by one of my students. Wish I could share it with you all.

Debating bed or Netflix?...Netflix in bed may win (I don't usually do, but feel like laying down).

Trying not to spend, but will probably hit FB and SDM when groceries are needed this week as there were some good flyer deals in both. Our budget has balanced finally...we need to continue to curb spending so we can budget forward as we move into June or we will be back to "paying yesterday."

I had to call Brock University to get my gratuity payment for having a student teacher. It was supposed to go towards my mom's iPad mini, my sister and I bought her for mother's day and 60th birthday combined. Since it wasn't in on time, I ended up paying that off with other funds...see what I mean about "paying yesterday." The good news is that the check came in the mail on Fri and I have used it to buy all the Father's Day gifts and year-end school related thank you gifts. So that is step one in budgeting forward. All of June's gifts are done.
    "There are more important things--friendship and bravery...."
    -Hermione Granger

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Good Morning Everyone,
    Got the laundry started, lately I have been waiting until late afternoon once Mom is up and moving and had her shower but it is really throwing my day off. I am a total morning person so if I do not start laundry until after 3 by the time it starts to come out of the dryer I am too tired to deal with it so laundry is not getting folding and lives in a laundry basket all week until we have to do laundry again.

Got a lot to get done today, I have to get back into prepping for the week on the weekend as I am just getting too tired during the week to keep up. I got into a habit of sleeping in until 5:30 or 6 well I was on the road as I cannot go into other branches as early as I can my normal branch but I am not forcing myself to get up at 5 again and making sure I am in the office for 6 am. My plan was to try to use the OT for a bed I found a really want but 3 more surprise bills have come in and well now it is time to play catch up. I will have to take money out of savings to cover the bills and then hopefully pay it back to savings.

Think I am going to try to make a list of everything that needs to get done today and maybe that will help. I find Sundays have become my lazy day but now it is throwing off the rest of my week.

Have a great day everyone
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Granger View Post
    Just finished my list of to dos...

Read a spectacular poem tonight by one of my students. Wish I could share it with you all.

Debating bed or Netflix?...Netflix in bed may win (I don't usually do, but feel like laying down).

Trying not to spend, but will probably hit FB and SDM when groceries are needed this week as there were some good flyer deals in both. Our budget has balanced finally...we need to continue to curb spending so we can budget forward as we move into June or we will be back to "paying yesterday."

I had to call Brock University to get my gratuity payment for having a student teacher. It was supposed to go towards my mom's iPad mini, my sister and I bought her for mother's day and 60th birthday combined. Since it wasn't in on time, I ended up paying that off with other funds...see what I mean about "paying yesterday." The good news is that the check came in the mail on Fri and I have used it to buy all the Father's Day gifts and year-end school related thank you gifts. So that is step one in budgeting forward. All of June's gifts are done.
    on balancing your budget!!!

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

Morning all,

I am unsure if dh is coming home today or tomorrow, it really makes no difference so I guess time will tell.

Someone on a local fb page is selling a 10x10 dog run/kennel, dh and I will discuss but we have been talking about purchasing one for the cottage so the dogs can be outside and in the shade while out fishing or out touring, the price is right so we'll see.

The weather is cooler and I really should get my butt in gear and do some baking while the temperatures are quite cool, butter is softened and on the counter so really I just need to get to it .

Wishing everyone a wonderful & frugal day

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

DH has taken DD to meet up with a friend to attend a street festival. We need to clean house and do laundry, my sister is coming for dinner so hopefully we'll throw a chicken on the BBQ-tomorrow we have a visitor from England-she is here visiting her daughter and we are planning a house exchange with them for summer 2016 so a great opportunity to meet ahead of time. Other than that should be quiet around here. Checked what I spent on groceries for May and it came in at $508.49-perhaps a little lower than average since I was away for 8 days. Wishing everyone a pleasant, restful Sunday.

Page 44 of 46 FirstFirst ... 34 42 43 44 45 46 LastLast

Thread Information