User Tag List

Page 18 of 46 FirstFirst ... 8 16 17 18 19 20 28 ... LastLast
Like Tree4146Likes

Thread: May Busy Beavers - May 2015 Frugal Chatter Thread

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Milan just left, we had a wonderful supper and evening together!
    He brought me an absolutely gorgeous vase with flowers - pinks and purples, big variety of beautiful happy flowers!
    He also brought supper - it was amazingly good - I put the full list in the Dinner thread, lol!

My sweet boy always tells me what a wonderful Mom I am, but he did MORE today, we had a great talk.
    Also spent a fair bit of time looking at pics of baby animals and their moms, lol! Check out the link under the Google doodle to see them!

Hope you all had a wonderful day, and have a great start to the new week!

Contradiction in progress sweet sparrow's Avatar
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)

I know it's a bit late, but I can't quite sleep yet. My nerves are frazzled. DH set the trap for the mouse and went off to bed. I was faced with a mountain of dishes to do with the thought that the trap could snap behind my head at any time. The house was silent. I turned on the radio but it didn't help much. If the trap went off, I would have jumped a mile...and then knowing that there's a dead mouse in the cupboard.... ugh. DH just said "if it goes off, just don't look in the cupboard". Sure, that'll help.

Trading Score
    46 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Natalka View Post
    Milan just left, we had a wonderful supper and evening together!
    He brought me an absolutely gorgeous vase with flowers - pinks and purples, big variety of beautiful happy flowers!
    He also brought supper - it was amazingly good - I put the full list in the Dinner thread, lol!

My sweet boy always tells me what a wonderful Mom I am, but he did MORE today, we had a great talk.
    Also spent a fair bit of time looking at pics of baby animals and their moms, lol! Check out the link under the Google doodle to see them!

Hope you all had a wonderful day, and have a great start to the new week!
    Aww, how wonderful!

My LO gave me a card that was stuck together in three places with paste. I will have to ask her teachers what was inside.

She also helped in the garden by picking dandelions and piling up all the pulled weeds at the side of the house. When she came in, she was covered in mud, so she was rewarded with another bubble bath.

It's her ninth month at daycare now, and last week was the first time she did not want to be held as she went in. I don't like this growing up business.

Trading Score
    42 (100%)

Thought I would check in for a quick hello and Happy Mother's Day.

My weekend didn't start off great: sick DH meant groceries with two kids, cleaning and laundry with two kids. After a busy work week, I was falling over tired. We also ran out of water, just as I hopped in the shower Sunday morning.

It turned around: nice Sat. dinner with my in-laws, Sun. lunch with my mom and maternity shopping with her (DH was feeling better and took the kids to swimming lessons). I used my Thyme coupons and got $475 worth of summer clothing for $215! After the heat this week I needed some cool and comfortable items and now I have them.

So I am the last person standing from the second GI bug in our household. I plan to keep it that way. I don't have time to be sick. Being headstrong will let me bypass this one, I am determined.
    "There are more important things--friendship and bravery...."
    -Hermione Granger

Trading Score
    17 (100%)

Good morning, everyone.

Supposedly it's window washing day around here. That should be exciting. We have a new company doing it, so Lily dog will have to be restricted to her bed - I don't want anyone to have a heart attack when she runs to the window, crying cause the human is on the wrong side.

Better get some play time in while we can (with my luck, the washing will be put off til tomorrow).

Hope everyone has a wonderful day.

For a smile, see our vids: http://www.youtube.com/lilyquincy

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

Morning all,

I'm alone , so happy got more done this am than I have in the last week .

The staircase has been swept and washed , the bathroom got a scrub down , the downstairs hallway is back to normal it seems to be the drop zone , dh's junk is in his mechanical room .

On my 3rd load of laundry, I haven't used my dryer in 8 months or so but decided to put 2 loads in the dryer as I just want them done and the forecast is not looking good weather wise, we do need the rain so I'm not complaining .

The person that I thought wouldn't show up because of the run around she gave me did show up so Logan is $15 richer .

I have another pickup lined up for tomorrow.

Going to run some preliminary numbers for next months budget as starting in June we don't have any large bills such as taxes, leases, etc so should be some breathing room if I get my way (hmmm) with dh that's another story.

Wishing everyone a wonderful day
    2019 is the year that we continue to save before we buy!!!

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Happy Monday! A busy work week for me. Busy kids sports almost every night. But hoping that means we get the long weekend to ourselves. Plan this week is to keep up on the laundry, house cleaning so we can enjoy the weekend outside since it is suppose to be beautiful. Moving rest of the junk up to the spare/selling stuff room and then giving my diningroom a deep clean! I did the table on the weekend so it won't take long at all

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Good morn! A late start on here, but not to my day - though I did sleep a bit more than usual.

However, when I did awaken, husband was not happy with me - he was already awake. APPARENTLY, I started whacking his chest at 4:30 a.m., telling him to wake up. So he thought it was time to get up, so did - but then saw the clock and just stayed up. (He could have come back to bed, usually he gets up just after 6!)

Oy, I don't remember doing that and felt so badly...
    But he left to work happy, after all.

Enjoy the day!

Trading Score
    46 (100%)

The mouse chewed through a large bulk package of LO's favourite noodles. One corner was torn open and he was pulling out strands of noodles to bite or maybe just see if he could find something better... Do I have to toss the entire package of 20 servings or is that a crazy question? There are 10 bundles and it might have touched four of them if it was reaching.

Actually, I'm not really sure how far a mouse can reach.

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by sweet sparrow View Post
    The mouse chewed through a large bulk package of LO's favourite noodles. One corner was torn open and he was pulling out strands of noodles to bite or maybe just see if he could find something better... Do I have to toss the entire package of 20 servings or is that a crazy question? There are 10 bundles and it might have touched four of them if it was reaching.

Excuse the questions did the mouse pee or poop around the pkg if so and if the pkgs are not individually wrapped them toss them. If not then throw away the few pkgs he ate from and keep the rest, just my opinion. I would remove all the goodies where the mouse is eating and put food there for him with several traps. best of luck

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    25 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by sweet sparrow View Post

I would throw it all, hantavirus is airborne so who knows if the noodles are contaminated. I know not all mice carry the disease (only deer mice and not all the time)and I am not sure if Ontario has had any issues. I don't think saving money on some dry pasta is worth getting your little one sick. Having said that mice creep me out, I have a really unreasonable fear of them and their filth so I would err more on the side of caution.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    25 (100%)

Well happy belated Mother's Day to all.
    We had a family work weekend and opened our cabin on Saturday. All four kids organized a barbecue and I got to sit back and enjoy the food and company. It was a lovely day.
    Natalka it sounds like your son knows how to pick some yummy dishes, sounds like a perfect evening!!

Granger I hope you escape the illness going through the house, it is the last thing you need.

Nancy enjoy the solitude!!

Crotchetlady I saw your tea towels on the link Natalka posted,!!!

Coupongirl I hope your husband is feeling better and your deck isn't delayed for too long!!

Will be a frugal week , not much to buy but lots of spring cleaning still.I am moving slower these days but am making progress!!
    Have a wonderful week everyone!!

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

I did not have leftovers or a lunch planned today to eat at my desk but I was good and went home and made a grilled cheese and watched Till Debt do we part ). Laundry is already in the hamper waiting to put in the machine after 7 tonight so there was no need to get the laundry ready. A relaxing break from a busy day at work.

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

@thriftygranny any news re appointment for your heart

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

dinner tonight frozen pizza $3 an 5 garlic breadsticks .63 so $3.63 for a meal everyone will love (wink)
    k

Page 18 of 46 FirstFirst ... 8 16 17 18 19 20 28 ... LastLast

Thread Information