User Tag List

Page 11 of 49 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 21 ... LastLast
Like Tree4815Likes

Thread: July 2015 Frugal Chatter

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

@avoncallingu congrats GRANDMA and have a blast at the concert and visiting with your son!!!
    2019 is the year that we continue to save before we buy!!!

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

Good afternoon all,

I'm watching SECRET MILLIONAIRE....geez this episode has a lump in my throat, I feel like crying, I guess I'm just having an emotional day .

DH & ds1 are gone to a move free with scene points, then they are off to get Jaden a new pair of sneakers, I tell ya I have great kids, he asked is the $ in the budget for new sneakers, I said yes, he said I just want to double check as it could wait a little longer. So thoughtful and considerate of him, his sneakers are holy (lol) but the bones are good but they still need to be replaced, so proud that my boys are so considerate .

I thought I would share something about myself and eye opener about how it's a small world.
    At the pot luck, 1 of dh's cousion's brought a friend along. I recognized his face as it was 1 that is different. I remember him because he was a nice guy in high school but in a special class for high needs, not to offend anyone he's a little slow. Anyways I introduced myself and so did dh and we asked if he went to our high school, he couldn't remember us but that doesn't matter as dh & I both look very different and it's been 23 years geez time flies. My point is I said to my boys the eldest in particular I said small world that Joey showed up at the reunion, I said it just goes to show that you should always treat people with respect and kindness as some kids in high school gave these special need kids are very hard time. Also I was in French immersion from kindergarden to grade 7. In grade 7 my parents put me in English classes instead of my usual French immersion anyways I really struggled and had to be put in a special needs class as my language skills were quite off, I was considered high risk and was in a special class in grade 7. I didn't personally feel I belonged in a special class room but had no say. Anyways in grade 8 I was in mainstream courses with my peers but I can tell you that many of my grade 7 classmates were picked on and teased which made me feel badly. So it just goes to show that kindness to all is very important as you never know when our paths will cross again.

Laundry is outside hanging outside, I will fold later this evening.

Wishing everyone a wonderful afternoon
    2019 is the year that we continue to save before we buy!!!

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Yes, kindness does go along way. A few weeks ago my honey and I were going grocery shopping. (and since we live in cottage country I knew it would be busy with the citiots (sorry for the city livers- hugs) But some of them are so so rude! So anyway I said to him before we left " lets be ready to show patience and kindness" WOW. We had to laugh at how much kindness we had to show lol It was our inside joke being extra kind to the rude people lol

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

-well went to talize today -got a Bianca nygard tank top for half price 3.00 and a sears top for 4.50
    -also went to "once upon a child and got ashlyn a white sweater 5.50 much needed one"

-got my 100.00 from angus reid but had to take It in a virtual visa card to be used online -I have never shopped on-line in my life so a bit of learning lesson here -may save it more near xmas

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by saundyl View Post
    I think youre getting some of our smoke. We drove through one area last saturday on the way to YK where the fires jumped the highway 3 times just before we went through. AND then they closed the highway.

Attachment 287017

Before it crossed the road

Attachment 287018

Going through the fire
    So scary!!! The first picture is amazing. Hope everyone stays safe.

Trading Score
    2 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by jasperandchar View Post
    @saundyl so glad to hear you're both on the mend as far as the dog goes I think it's more the ex than the kids wanting the puppy at your house either way I'm glad your bf is going to put his foot down @Angela273 enjoy your date night hun @Natalka hope your rash is healing quickly and your leg is less sore as the days go on
    He told her no and she brought it anyways then complained when he said put it on its lead

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

Trading Score
    2 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by avoncallingu View Post
    Sorry, folks - haven't caught up with reading but OUR GRANDDAUGHTER WAS BORN TODAY! Tomorrow we go see the Rolling STones in Detroit and Friday, my step-son arrives for a flash visit from Florida! Excitement, Excitement, Excitement!!! But, of course, the first and last are the best.

We will go down to Denver to see her in Aug.!
    Congrats!!!

Trading Score
    2 (100%)

I overdid it yesterday so stayed home for the morning and dud 2 hrs at work this afternoon.

Swanson skillet meals were on sale for $7 . I grabbed 3 different ones to try as the sound good and look easy enough (a fried egg sandwich too half an hr for me to make yesterday at lunch).

We tried one today and actually enjoyed it...plus no leftovers and 1 pan cleanup.

It's been nice having bf home. I missed him a lot and seeing him I'm not so worried in my head.

I found atoma brand coupons for meds I will be making use of.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by coupon girl View Post
    -well went to talize today -got a Bianca nygard tank top for half price 3.00 and a sears top for 4.50
    -also went to "once upon a child and got ashlyn a white sweater 5.50 much needed one"

-got my 100.00 from angus reid but had to take It in a virtual visa card to be used online -I have never shopped on-line in my life so a bit of learning lesson here -may save it more near xmas
    Make sure that you double check about a possibly expiration date on the virtual visa card. I recently learned the hard way that pre-paid credit cards expire quickly, unlike gift cards.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Trading Score
    68 (100%)

I stopped at RCSS to take advantage of the vectors sale, but it was all gone. Very proud I remembered to get a rain check. I did buy the frosted flakes. 1.97 a box and I have the coupon for buy two Kellogg's get free fruit up to 3.99 and it was also a buy two get 1.50 on checkout 51. So I paid 11.82 and will get 4.50 back from Check out 51. Then I got a bag of avacodos a large raspberries box and 2 pounds of strawberries free. But the best part of the shop was the skinless chicken breast for 99 cents a pound. I have never seen it so cheap. But since I am trying to clean the freezer out I only bought 4 club packs. I love stumbling on to sucH great deals.
    Friends don't let real friends pay full price.

Trading Score
    65 (100%)

Today we went to Wiarton with my sister to visit her BF. Have been there only once before at least 40 years ago. We had lunch at the Top Notch...best fish`n`chips I`ve ever had. Lots of fish with a very thin batter. Didn`t get home til after 8:00. Think I`ll be going to bed soon...been awake since 6:00

Trading Score
    65 (100%)

@ lilo0003 Nice shop! I`ve never seen chicken for that price.
    @walkonby @Sweets parrow I don`t beat myself up about spending $ on fruit. I figure it`s much better for us than a bunch of junk or baked goods. Hubby and I are both diabetic. That being said, we stopped at a bake shop today and I bought a small piece of chocolate mint fudge...one of my all time faves.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Well on the way to the family dinner( farewell for my Mum who is moving to TO tomorrow) we had to detour by emerg as I suspected my daughter broke a bone in her toe when she tripped. It was indeed cracked on Xray so we just need to tape, ice and use painkillers and watch her hobble for a bit. Not sure how she is getting her cowboy boots on for work tomorrow but she insists she is going. I will drive her but 8.5 hrs of standing might be a bit much-maybe they will have her sitting folding shirts or something-she may be home early. Anyway we had a nice dinner and DD is doing fine. It was exactly a year ago today I was in the ER with my Mum with her broken hip so somebody seems to think every July 8 I should be hanging around waiting for somebody to get Xrays. Anyway minor in the whole scope of things!

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

-thanks for the tip angela -yes expiry date is july2016 on my 100.00 virtual prepaid visa
    -great prices lilo
    -lizzie so glad you daughter is okay

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Page 11 of 49 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 21 ... LastLast

Thread Information