User Tag List

Page 15 of 49 FirstFirst ... 5 13 14 15 16 17 25 ... LastLast
Like Tree4815Likes

Thread: July 2015 Frugal Chatter

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

Today you can get a free small slurpee from 7-Eleven stores.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Trading Score
    591 (100%)

Good for people who live near a 7-Eleven,brain freeze
    http://forum.smartcanucks.ca/411352-...-lists-canada/

Please use my ​Orange key when you open a Tangerine account 41140291S1

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

see my post under deals to see what $10 can buy-pretty neat story!

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Happy Horridly Hot Caturday!

Oh, what I wouldn't do for a slurpee!

Crazy hot night, really no way of sleeping -nor keeping dry... amazing that the human body can sweat so much. But my husband, nope - and that was him in a polo and jeans. Me, trying to be nakeder than naked...

He's currently trying to put in an old window air conditioner which he got from work - would be ever-so lovely, we'll see if it gets in and works. I would be in heaven, but I'm sure he'll be in a parka, lol!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Nat that is too funny-perhaps he is seeking protection from the nakeder than naked women lol-sorry I am really just joking and I do sympathize with how hot you have it there. Perhaps it is just me, but you created a visual in my head with him so fully clothed and you the complete opposite! Today was a little cooler and next week is to be rainy and cooler so hopefully we can get some of that air moving your way before too long!

Actually I thought I read somewhere on SC today that 7-11 has free slurpees today? Phone your local one and ask. You need a friend with an air conditioner or a cold basement tonight.
    Last edited by lizzie bargain; Sat, Jul 11th, 2015 at 06:23 PM.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

nat -hey we had some of your hotness today -lol
    34 with the humidex -couldn't do anything outside except hang clothing
    Last edited by coupon girl; Sat, Jul 11th, 2015 at 07:31 PM.

momof5boys
    Trading Score
    509 (100%)

OK, a little ranting from me to get this off my chest. My son (never has had an accident) was putting groceries into his car when his foot touched the clutch and his car rolled back a little and gently touched the car behind him. The fellow was sitting in his car and he literally exploded in front of my son - and said he was going to put in a claim. Thankfully my son had the presence of mind to take pictures of this guys car and his own car. The only damage was on my son's car (two very small indents from bolts sticking out of this guys front bumper). And thankfully there was a lady who witnessed it all and gave her phone number to my son in case he needed a witness. Forward two weeks and a letter arrives in the mail from the insurance company that this guy filed a claim and my son was deemed 100% at fault. He was livid but we calmed him down and got him to write a letter explaining his side of the story and also letting the insurance company know that he had pictures on his phone of the incident. Well, lo and behold, the insurance company calls him back to let him know that the guy 'dropped' the claim because the autobody shop couldn't find any damage. This is so maddening - what a jerk to put a young guy through all this.

I was rear ended by a young lady at a stop sign - she was moving and it was quite a jolt. I find it is important to show calm and an example to these young folks. She was very apologetic and I didn't see any visible damage but got her name and number in case. I assured her that things would be fine and she went on her way. And everything was ok so no further action was necessary. Now if this older guy would have shown an ounce of the same consideration for my son instead of being such a jerk about it!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Yes you are right-some people are just real -erks! Glad your son took the pics-I am having a little trouble picturing how you touch the clutch putting groceries in the car but I assume he must have been putting a bag across onto the front seat from the drivers seat? I usually put my groceries in the trunk or back seat and I drive an automatic hence my question. Could the car have moved back if the parking brake was on?-clearly I haven't driven a standard for awhile. Glad it is all sorted out now and your son is not being penalized!

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

-my daughter ran into someone like that momof5boys years ago -he said "young people never watching where you are going and he put in a claim
    meanwhile a young guy hit my hubby at a light (was in university) years ago -an hubby said no worries just a bump and a few scratches

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Oh Nat-thinking of you - it is thundering and raining with a cooling breeze so hope it moves your way over the next few days!

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

We got 2 twin box springs today at the re-use it centre for the boys bed at the cottage so pleased. Supper was 1/2 pork & 1/2 moose burger, need to think of something for tomorrow's supper, I'm running out of cuts and don't want to repeat meals too often (shrug).
    2019 is the year that we continue to save before we buy!!!

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by lizzie bargain View Post
    Nat that is too funny-perhaps he is seeking protection from the nakeder than naked women lol-sorry I am really just joking and I do sympathize with how hot you have it there. Perhaps it is just me, but you created a visual in my head with him so fully clothed and you the complete opposite! Today was a little cooler and next week is to be rainy and cooler so hopefully we can get some of that air moving your way before too long!

Actually I thought I read somewhere on SC today that 7-11 has free slurpees today? Phone your local one and ask. You need a friend with an air conditioner or a cold basement tonight.
    Your visual was correct... Sorry for the ew... but I was soaking tanktops clear through.

However, today my HERO husband just finished putting in a window air conditioner in the kitchen window. So it's cool in there, it just hasn't spread to the rest of the house, and may not... we'll have to see with more time.

He works for a commercial property company, so went there this morning - and there was also a fellow worker of his with the same idea - wife also complaining about the heat in the house - so they got these old a/c units from there.

So he worked all afternoon doing the retrofitting of the window, then our son came over to help him put it in - now they just have to fill the empty spaces around so bugs don't get in and so it's rainproof (yeah, like we'll ever get rain...).

Well, this woman is happy - because at minimum there will be one room in which to cool off!

And, very frugal!

Last edited by Natalka; Sat, Jul 11th, 2015 at 09:32 PM.

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

@Natalka great news. Do you have plug in electric burners that you could cook outside with? Great news on the free ac, hope it spreads and atleast you can chill in the kitchen maybe even 1/2 dressed (lol), I know what it's like to be hot we don't have your heat wave but geez I'm in the midst of horrible hot flashes....soak & wet and freaking out....sigh
    2019 is the year that we continue to save before we buy!!!

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

No, I wouldn't cook outside, except to bbq.

Oh, I feel for you with what you are going through - I know that's in my future, but I'm still continuing - yes, got my period again, but it's not the hell it was three weeks ago.

Trading Score
    68 (100%)

Nat: so nice to have the AC. I have been avoiding ours, but DH broke the latch on the screen a few weeks ago so the house does not cool as much in the evening It's one of this phantom screens, lo and behold there is a number right in the frame. So we called and they are sending out free of charge. I love good customer service. .when it's hot I use the side burner on the BBQ to cook and that helps keep it cool inside.
    J & C: I am in the same place for meals. I feel like its the same thing every day. I am hoping I can find a roast hiding in the freezer although it's currently looking like a Tetris game. But I know I have pork tenderloin so that may be Sunday dinner
    sandyl: glad to hear that you are on the mend, how is your bf doing?
    Friends don't let real friends pay full price.

Page 15 of 49 FirstFirst ... 5 13 14 15 16 17 25 ... LastLast

Thread Information