User Tag List

Page 17 of 49 FirstFirst ... 7 15 16 17 18 19 27 ... LastLast
Like Tree4815Likes

Thread: July 2015 Frugal Chatter

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

Too hot to cook so choices were nachos in the microwave or cereal (lol). I just didn't want to warm up the already hot house. DH & ds1 are leaving momentarily until Thursday afternoon to the cottage & moose camp. I think we'll bite the bullet and install the ac once he comes back....between the heat & the hot flashes....it's not a pretty sight (lol)
    2019 is the year that we continue to save before we buy!!!

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

I sold 1 item this am for $5 so another little cash in the reno account. I have an offer on another piece I countered back in price, we'll see if he wants it for that but thinking I may just go back and agree if he's not willing to pay the extra $10

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Angela273 View Post
    Today with the 7-Eleven app you get a free Big Gulp.

Monday - free smokie
    Tuesday - free 7-Eleven water 500m
    Wednesday - free Chicken Kebob
    Thursday - free 7-Select Soft Drink 591ml
    Friday - free Medium Slurpee
    Thanks, I let my son know - with the hot weather, he goes for slurpees almost daily anyways! Cool they have them daily because of their birthday.

Well, it's really nice and cool in here - not the whole house, but it's all good. Keeps the humidity down, which is great for a day like today. We got several drops of rain this aft, lol...

So my husband wasn't done with the a/c - it's plugged in outside and obviously can't stay like that. This is a really old small house, so plugins are few. He was just going to put in a new outlet in the kitchen by the back door, next to where the window is with the a/c, and put in a new breaker box. Oh, he IS an electrician BTW, lol!

However, once he was investigating how to get through the wall, he discovered the basement and the house don't match! Possible the house was moved onto this foundation, don't know. (we are renting, so we don't know stuff like this...)
    He's come up with another plan, though and has just gone to his work's warehouse to pick up some goodies.

He just loves doing this stuff and figuring out mysteries, go figure!

Chicken soup will be ready by the time he gets back!

Bonus is that he gets tomorrow off work. His company celebrates Orangeman's Day so they get it off every year. (Has something to do with Irish and Protestants? Guess that's the background of the company owners.)

Trading Score
    42 (100%)

Caught up on everyone's happenings. Rather than replying to all I will say, thanks for sharing and keeping us updated.

Here are my updates:

Girls went to mom and dad's for first sleep over and it went fantastically.

Here is how DH and I spend our free time:
    -SDM redemption $100 FREE (a bonus pt offer made it they paid me to shop there 8000 WUS $40 on baby and diaper which is worth $10), wasn't expecting that perk!
    -$10 book purchase at Chapters FREE with SDM promo card
    -Dinner out OOP $40
    -Jurassic World movie date with popcorn and pop FREE with pass from Christmas gift
    -Shoe shopping for DH, a pair of Nikes and Adidas on sale OOP will be $5 a pair after the orthotic insurance claim is processed and we take receipts to our Chiropractor (insurance covers for 2 pairs and Chiro reimburses $75 for shoes), there is some OOP ($150 total) for orthotics but we saved for that with income tax. Almost FREE shoes is the bonus.
    -Church today, lunch was provided due to a meeting for Vacation Bible School this upcoming week
    -Swimming and dinner at Mom and Dad's

A very frugal but fun weekend. Total spent = $50

Will post a link in another post to some pictures. I said I would post some preggo pics in the weight loss thread and I finally took some.
    Last edited by Granger; Sun, Jul 12th, 2015 at 08:38 PM.
    "There are more important things--friendship and bravery...."
    -Hermione Granger

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Granger View Post
    Caught on everyone's happenings. Rather than replying to all I will say, thanks for sharing and keeping us updated.

Here are my updates:

Girls went to mom and dad's for first sleep over and it went fantastically.

Here is how DH and I spend our free time:
    -SDM redemption $100 FREE (a bonus pt offer made it they paid me to shop there 8000 WUS $40 on baby and diaper which is worth $10), wasn't expecting that perk!
    -$10 book purchase at Chapters FREE with SDM promo card
    -Dinner out
    Glad to hear the sleep over went fantastic now to plan a regular sleep over routine both the kids & grandparents will look forward too it

Great way to spend your alone time with dh in my opinion

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

Dh & ds1 are gone, so Logan and I are alone with the fur babies. Dh said to treat Logan while they are away to Chinese which I had already planned (haha). I have the truck which I hate driving but Logan and I are always stuck at home when the guys go away and without a vehicle and the guys get some takeout generally while on the road but dh said not this time BUT I won't hold my breath. I check cra and anxiously awaiting July 15th's deposit. The monies are going into a new account which we started this month and we should be almost caught up to where the account should be....On another positive note since our 2014 income was considerably lower since dh has not worked since February 2014 my CTTB will be going from $65 a month to $180 (happy dance). However, I still owe CRA money because of their screw up but should be all caught up with the increase in CTTB payment come January So very pleased. Obviously I would prefer the larger income but with dh's back and his condition I take what he can do. He has already said come fall (school) starting he will put his name back on the substitute list and hopefully he can manage a few days a week

Trading Score
    42 (100%)

Here is the link to some pics. The second isn't the most flattering, but I am trying to be more real about who I am; be comfortable in my own skin regardless of how the photo shows me. The fact is...I wear a swim cap sometimes when I swim so my hair doesn't get wet, because I play better with the kids when I am not worried about my long, long hair taking forever to dry. So I look goofy and I like I have a small head in the pic because of my large pregnant curves. But I am also believing that for that reason, I look beautiful.

http://forum.smartcanucks.ca/335076-...8/#post6429526

Oh and SCers are the only online ppl privy to bump pictures, lol. I have no other online references to the pregnancy. Special peeps, I tell ya!
    Last edited by Granger; Sun, Jul 12th, 2015 at 09:19 PM.
    "There are more important things--friendship and bravery...."
    -Hermione Granger

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Granger, you DO look beautiful - and sure are, inside and out!
    What a lovely couple you two make!

Hope you are feeling well - hm... you'd have to be, with how busy you are!

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Happy Monday! Hope everyone had a great weekend. Ours was nice and relaxing while still getting things done. And had a nice visit with my mom, sister and niece. Went for lunch with them then DQ They treated DS and I so no $ spent We cooked at home all weekend and were smart on Sat night to cook 2 whole chickens so last night we stripped the 2nd one and made quesadias with salad so it was less work. Used up bananas and blueberries from freezer to make muffins. Was smart and packed my lunch for today while making dinner (salad with chicken ) which was good because I got out of the shower 15 mins before I was to be at work and I still made it!!! My hair (which is long long) is in a tight bun lol but actually looks good and is nice on a hot day. I was going to make my coffee at home but no time so made one at work (free) and it's not too bad (haven't liked it for years) so at least I know I don't mind it now. I am not going to Tim Hortons at all this week!
    Last edited by Frugalbigmama; Mon, Jul 13th, 2015 at 09:42 AM.

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Good Morning All,
    Monday morning and it just isn't working for me. Not sure why but I could not sleep last night which will probably make for a long day today.

Finally started the BBQ for the first time this summer last night. Not sure why but every time we were supposed to BBQ Mom would come up with an excuse not too and she did not want me starting the BBQ for the first time without her home which I get but was seriously frustrating. So last night I did Roasted Potatoes and Marinated Pork Chops on the BBQ and Mom made a Broccoli Salad to go with it. Tonight I am going to do bruschetta chicken with either pasta or rice and some sort of veggie. Mom is working till 5 so it will be a late dinner so I plan to have everything ready so when she calls I can just cook.

I must admit I am already having issues focusing due to lack of sleep so really hoping today flies by. Not to mention there are quite a few things that need to get done at home, the dishwasher needs to be emptied, there are dishes to be done that can't go in the dishwasher, the upstairs floors needs to be done. But all of this will depend on how hot the house is when I get home, since we do not have AC i the house too hot it will all have to wait.

Have a good day everyone, time to get back to work.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

I'm thinking about taking hump day off this week. Have a bit of a sleep in and get some things done around the house if DS wants to just hang with friends. But I will take them to the beach in the afternoon if they want and the weather co-operates. He is in hockey camp next week so not going to waste vacation days after paying $550 for a week of camp!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

SA-it would never cross my mind not to start the BBQ when somebody else is not home at anytime in the season( okay maybe if I had a 12 year old I would not want them doing that without an adult home). It does sound like there is a lot of manipulation/control issues/power struggles going on in that relationship. It sounds like way too much drama/battles for me-you have my sympathies but just because she sets all these "rules" does not mean you need to follow them. Is it any wonder you can't sleep! Just saying. Anyway I guess I best get off my soap box because perhaps you are just venting and not wanting any advice! Hope you have a good day!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

FBM-yes $550 does sound like a very steep camp fee although hopefully you can use it for a child care deduction or sports credit. Of course we are long past the camp stage so I really have no idea how much they cost!
    Last edited by lizzie bargain; Mon, Jul 13th, 2015 at 11:23 PM.

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

@Granger you look stunning as always. Is your hubby wearing his new shoes in the picture (lol).

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Sorry I should have explained better. I do regularly BBQ when no one is home. We just have a rule that when we use the BBQ for the first time each year someone must be home due to things that can happen over a winter not using it especially since our is stored outside as we do not have a garage or shed. Part of it may be my own paranoia over horror stories I have heard about Spider Webs starting fires in the propane line or things cracking through the winter. So as a rule someone has to be home when it is started the first time each season. Tonight I will be home alone and BBQing as I am not waiting for her to get home because if I did we would not eat till after 8 pm.

Quote Originally Posted by lizzie bargain View Post
    SA-it would never cross my mind not to start the BBQ when somebody else is not home at anytime in the season( okay maybe if I had a 12 year old I would not want them doing that without an adult home). It does sound like there is a lot of manipulation/control issues/power struggles going on in that relationship. It sounds like way too much drama/battles for me-you have my sympathies but just because she sets all these "rules" does not mean you need to follow them. Is it any wonder you can't sleep! Just saying. Anyway I guess I best get off my soap box because perhaps you are just venting and not wanting any advice! Hope you have a good day!

Page 17 of 49 FirstFirst ... 7 15 16 17 18 19 27 ... LastLast

Thread Information