User Tag List

Page 16 of 49 FirstFirst ... 6 14 15 16 17 18 26 ... LastLast
Like Tree3914Likes

Thread: What small thing did you do today to save money?

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Hung all laundry out to dry all weekend long.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    74 (100%)

Our little town of 1400 has a free book exchange. That's when someone posts a box -- like a small cupboard -- in a public place and fills it with about 30 books. Then people come to take a book and leave a book...and on and on it goes. Our free book exchange is on the side of a small business with a large cupboard about 5 feet up and a small one for children about 3 feet up. I took a small bag of books and left a lot more than I took but there were two books there that I'm looking forward to reading. That's the way I usually put myself to sleep...and I now have material for the next week or so. And, then...back to the book exchange, which should be totally new by then. I am really grateful to the soul who put them up.

Trading Score
    228 (100%)

A couple weeks ago, I broke a light fixture and today went to Rona to look for a replacement. They had some stuff on clearance including a light that would work for the room. It had a couple scuffs on it, so I asked a cashier for some cleaner to see if I could get the marks off and they did lighten up but were not 100% coming off, so I asked for a further discount which the lighting supervisor gladly did for me. The $29.99 light was on clearance for $11.00 and I got it for $6.00! Using a Mr.Clean eraser was able to get 99% of the marks off and what's left will not be noticeable once it's in place. So glad I asked for a further discount

Trading Score
    321 (100%)

Free $12.00 parking at the hospital today as we got stuck inside again and a very nice nurse helped us out by swiping her card.

No act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever forgotten...Aesop

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

Took the stroller with our twins to visit friends.
    Tomorrow is LOs 3rd birthday. Spent a total of $3.75 on his 4 presents. One was ordered with Pampers rewards points.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Trading Score
    27 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by sotypical View Post
    I always loved this! We used to feed an expensive brand too but just recently switched to Costco's Nature's Domain. We are about half way through the bag and the dogs seem to be doing okay on it. I am still iffy about the switch - I am a dog food snob and buying dog food at Costco goes against everything I have ever believed - but we are saving at least 50% by switching and the ingredients look okay.
    Awesome. I hope the Costco food works out for you! I know lots of people who have had lots of success with the Costco brand food. 50% savings is huge. Our girls are on Orijen simply because a few health issues that I was always at the vets for, cleared up when we switched.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

Today a friend babysat our 3yr old son while the twins and I attended the 6wk doctor checkup.
    Another friend baked fresh buns and cinnamon buns for us. I gave her fresh ripe garden tomatoes and hot peppers.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Trading Score
    184 (100%)

Signed up for a "Wellness Program" with our new vet. Our doggies are getting older and the features they offer would cost us at least $200 less per year than we have been paying for the same services. Also, we will be paying per month so it's not one huge bill. (Nice since our one dog tried to bite her right through the muzzle! What a little turkey he is!) The first time he ever went to a vet, 2 students tried to give him his injections and they screwed up and had to try 3 times!) He has HATED female vets since then.
    Angela273, Ciel, macw1960 and 4 others like this.
    Here's to all you great SC'ers
    Join Swagbucks and make $$$
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/avoncallingu

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

I spent BUT I saved.....famous last words. Over the last few days I stocked up on laundry soap ( $1.67 a bottle ), paper towels, TP, hot and hamb buns, discounted steak, chicken and pork and cartons of chix broth, ( 3/$5.00 ), used sales, PM, coupons Snap and CO51 as well. So it feels like a win!!

babies teach us acceptance

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    25 (100%)

My friend gave me a huge bag of beets and a huge bag of kale from their garden. Very lucky!!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Next door neighbour brought over some mini yellow tomatoes and some hot peppers from her garden last night.

Trading Score
    68 (100%)

On Friday after a long meeting my coworkers stopped for coffee and snacks, but I had an apple and a water in my car so I declined. Felt pretty good.
    Friends don't let real friends pay full price.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    41 (100%)

baking today. snack s for lunches- 1 gr 8, 1 boy off to all day co op, 1 husband. and 5 daycare kids. plus a apple crisp for my oldest, who loves them

then after baking putting in 2 whole chickens to roast..... supper tonight, and wraps for lunches tomorrow for my crew.
    plus the house is warming up from the oven .as it ischilly here.
    to join earnably https://earnably.com/i/gigi3
    or Swagbucks
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/daycaremom
    offers wonderful ways to earn amazon.ca gcs... paypal and much more. message me if you want any hints.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    459 (100%)

Settled on the snack size SealStore zippered baggies from Dollarama instead of the usual Zip lock brand. Saved over $1 easily!

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk
    Want to keep fit while earning incentives like Scene Points? Join Carrot Rewards using my personal code: rosaw3424

Easy Free Online Rewards--Paypal, Amazon, Etc.

http://swagbucks.com/refer/BlingPink

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    74 (100%)

Foodland sends me promotions that I am supposed to load to my airmiles card and then they appear as coupons on the bill when I swipe the card. I finally tested the process by using the "save 50% when you buy brussel sprouts" offer. And it worked! It was kinda funny because the grocery total was around $20 something...then a few dollars came off because of the swiped card. So the cashier turned from the original screen saying "That'll to $2x.xx. Do you have an airmiles card?" Then she swiped and glanced back at the renewed screen and it was $18 something. She took a real double take. I guess not a lot of people use that function of the card. But I'll be using it a lot in the future. Now that I know it works.

Page 16 of 49 FirstFirst ... 6 14 15 16 17 18 26 ... LastLast

Thread Information