User Tag List

Page 6 of 49 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 16 ... LastLast
Like Tree3914Likes

Thread: What small thing did you do today to save money?

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

^ What kind of kitty needs shaving? Is it all over?

I do our cats' nails as well.

Trading Score
    7 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by jasperandchar View Post
    I called Bell approx. 2 weeks ago because of valid ongoing landline issues (8 years in the making). My call got escalated up 5 ranks until I was offered a fantastic deal for my 8 years of complaints and ridiculous amount of service calls, etc. I was offered home phone $19.95 w/ free long distance and no service fees etc for 1 year. And 2 year on my satellite (free receiver rental for life as long as I am with bell) and $60 for the satellite package. So a $60 a month savings with all the long distance, discounts etc....so pretty pleased.
    Please, please ask Bell to e-mail a summary of the deal you made on this call. It may be useful if they make mistakes on your upcoming bills.

If you want an telephone + internet + television deal, they are offering FIBE TV/Internet plus home phone for $99 to $120 per month, depending on where you live.

In Ajax, they had a sandwich board sign right outside the Bell store advertising it to anyone driving by on Highway 2. So this deal is legit.
    Last edited by Shwa Girl; Mon, Jul 13th, 2015 at 07:57 PM.

Trading Score
    454 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Natalka View Post
    ^ What kind of kitty needs shaving? Is it all over?

I do our cats' nails as well.
    She is a persian. When I worked at SPCA she was a owner surrender. They allowed her outdoors and her coat was a disaster. She was basically one giant matt including her head and toes. The owners thought she was fat (because of her clumped coat) and were hardly feeding her so when we shaved her you could see just how emaciated she was. Now she prefers to be naked and is a much nicer cat (after the shave!!!) compared to when she has a full coat.

I do a lion cut on her. Full mane & face, booties and a tail puff at the end. Basically a poodle cut but in cat form
    Insert Clever Signature Here

Trading Score
    184 (100%)

I took my db to pick up his free glasses. The lenses which were supposed to darken outside weren't doing that and so, about 3 weeks before the warranty was up they ordered him new lenses. But the new lenses wouldn't fit in his old frames so they also replaced the frames.
    Tip - make sure you know what your warranties offer.

After a very frustrating trip to Sobey's (my fault not theirs) - but I did get some Highliner beer battered fish for $1 off the sale price using a Toonies for Tummies coupon - I was POOPED.

DH was also looking pretty pooped so I was going to turn around and go buy something for supper. BUT

We had had a big lunch (around 3:00 pm) of leftover stew - so DH said he would make toasted lettuce and tomato sandwiches and use up the potato salad (which I can't eat) with pickles. If I would wait a while.

Fine, I wasn't really hungry at that time.

So we saved probably $15.00

We had bought a lot of fresh produce at a local market today and the tomatoes were GREAT! We used some of the strawberries for a dessert.
    Natalka, Silk, Angela273 and 6 others like this.
    Here's to all you great SC'ers
    Join Swagbucks and make $$$
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/avoncallingu

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Good job avoncallinu! I'm sure the dinner at home was much healthier then what you may have picked up.

Trading Score
    454 (100%)

I bought "2 years" - it was only 15 months - license plate sticker renewal today thus saving me some money because prices are increasing September 1st.

DH did the same thing and was actually able to get the full 2 years
    Last edited by PurpleBunny89; Tue, Jul 14th, 2015 at 09:27 PM.

Trading Score
    321 (100%)

DH brought me home another Stouffer's pin from his buddy at work this morning.

I went through all my uncanceled stamps today and glued them on envelopes for future use. Time consuming but worth it as I had 25 of them to do up and then I ended with another uncanceled stamp in the mail today. It will have to wait as I am out of envelopes.

No act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever forgotten...Aesop

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Shwa Girl View Post
    Please, please ask Bell to e-mail a summary of the deal you made on this call. It may be useful if they make mistakes on your upcoming bills.

If you want an telephone + internet + television deal, they are offering FIBE TV/Internet plus home phone for $99 to $120 per month, depending on where you live.

In Ajax, they had a sandwich board sign right outside the Bell store advertising it to anyone driving by on Highway 2. So this deal is legit.
    I was wise and asked for email confirmation which I rec'd.

We are rural so for FIBE tv here just satellite and landline (cells don't work out here and they can't provide internet either)

Great offer though they are promoting
    2019 is the year that we continue to save before we buy!!!

Trading Score
    184 (100%)

Dh took back several items that needed to be returned. It resulted in a rebate for one purchase and a new carton of Almond milk to replace the one which was curdled when I opened it.
    I sent a picture of the TP purchase I made yesterday into Snap by Groupon. It gives me $1.75 credit.
    Here's to all you great SC'ers
    Join Swagbucks and make $$$
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/avoncallingu

Trading Score
    454 (100%)

I'm going in to work today HAHAHAHA. I took the last two days off just because I miss being a stay at home wife. I work downtown in the city I live in where there are 20+ fast food places all within a 10 minutes walk but I still pack my lunch every day. I wish the same could be said for my colleagues, sometimes they truly amaze me with how often they buy out.

So I guess I'm making money and saving a little today.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

I've been taking in some free concerts and fireworks in town for pan am games. There was a really good salsa group from Colombia the other day. Some famous Canadian names too like Serena Ryder, and international like Wyclef Jean. Always check the event calendars for your city. You don't have to pay money for entertainment
    Last edited by torontogal12; Wed, Jul 15th, 2015 at 09:59 AM.
    Apply every possible promo code to your cart, at every store that you visit (and get points for cash back on top of that?). It's sweet and easy with HONEY.

Always use Ebates and get cash back at over 600 online stores! Use this link to get $5, FREE

Know what matters...
    Trading Score
    21 (100%)

I decided at the last minute not to use my 4k wus $20 sdm food /snacks coupon because I had already picked up what I wanted during last weekend's bonus redemption. Most of what i was going to pick up would just have been for my stockpile.

Silk
    Have a great life!

Trading Score
    321 (100%)

Another free Stouffer pin for me today.

No act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever forgotten...Aesop

Trading Score
    68 (100%)

I have been using up all the silly littlesample pouches of shampoo & conditioner and face cream. Its nice to get ridof the clutter. Next its all the travel size bottles of stuff. I had 6 trial size old spice body wash so I filled up an empty container & the men are none the wiser.
    Friends don't let real friends pay full price.

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

It feels contradictory to post my small thing that I did today to save $$ when we just returned from a very enjoyable and relaxing few days in Quebec/Ottawa! Oh well DH only had a week off so it was nice to see him grinning again ( gosh he loves those Art Galleries , museums and such ) whereas I would prefer to park my butt on a bus tour or boat cruise!

So my small thrill today was getting $54.82 worth of food/treats at Metro for just $3.28! ( used many awesome FPC's and 2 x $1.00 coupons )
    Attached Images Attached Images  

babies teach us acceptance

Page 6 of 49 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 16 ... LastLast

Thread Information