User Tag List

Page 5 of 49 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 ... LastLast
Like Tree3914Likes

Thread: What small thing did you do today to save money?

Trading Score
    321 (100%)

Saving for future use the uncanceled stamp that came on a piece of mail today.

No act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever forgotten...Aesop

Savingloonies jenniferandcorban's Avatar
    Trading Score
    2 (100%)

I bought all 7 jugs of simply orange juice that were on clearance for .75! And I had 6 coupons for .75!
    ROMEO, Silk, avoncallingu and 5 others like this.

Trading Score
    68 (100%)

I worKed at home and while I had plans to go out I realized we can make it until Saturday for milk, so a no spend day.
    Friends don't let real friends pay full price.

Trading Score
    184 (100%)

I went out to buy new filters for the furnace and my DH's CPAP machine. Am doing wash at cheap time.
    Good luck for a frugal weekend.

Trading Score
    7 (100%)

Bell called to "offer us more deals". Well, their deals cost more money. Told the guy that we have a fixed budget and can't pay more. Asked if he has any savings that would make us pay less. He didn't. He tried just one more time to get us to pay more money for his "deals". He said it's only $10 more per month. I told him we could buy lots of extra food for the month with that $10, told him we were not good customers for his deal and wished him a good weekend.

Savings = $10/month x 12 months = $120/year.
    Giseledta, super_e, ROMEO and 7 others like this.

Trading Score
    68 (100%)

I have to give credit to DH for this, we were away all day and it was after 6 when we came home, I would have ordered pizza but he is training for an ironman so pizza is really not a great idea. He suggested a chicken from metro and we used our airmiles, I also bought the milk I never went out for yesterday.
    Natalka, ROMEO, Silk and 7 others like this.
    Friends don't let real friends pay full price.

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Frugal husband picked up a used window a/c unit from his workplace - free to us - and with the labour of him and our son, it's in and working! YAY!

So, yes, may use more electricity - but I don't care. My health is more important.
    super_e, ROMEO, Silk and 8 others like this.

Trading Score
    184 (100%)

Oh Natalka! I am so HAPPY to hear this! ENJOY!
    Natalka, ROMEO, macw1960 and 2 others like this.

Trading Score
    27 (100%)

Called and canceled the wireless protection plan on DH cell... Basically an extended warranty that covers accidental damage. DH is always working in and around water so we got the accidental damage protection when he would have had to pay lots to replace his phablet if something happened. We hit the break even point for what it would cost to upgrade now, so that's $9/month back in our pockets
    super_e, Natalka, ROMEO and 7 others like this.

Know what matters...
    Trading Score
    21 (100%)

Saw an article online on a magazine`s site that I wanted to read but there was a weekly subscription fee. Did a little surfing and found it for free on the site of the author of the article

Heard good reviews on a book and was thinking of buying it. Then had the idea to check my library and turns out they have it. $14 saved!

Silk
    Last edited by Silk; Mon, Jul 13th, 2015 at 07:06 AM.
    Have a great life!

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Did tons of laundry on the weekend (cheapest time to do so) and hung most of it out to dry.

Trading Score
    454 (100%)

I dropped off my car to have the door replaced (I won't get into it) and am going to save $130+ on taxes because I am paying cash. One extra stop before picking my card up to save me that kind of money? Yeah, I'll do that!

Recycling was waiting to be picked up when I got home so found two stouffers pins in there plus a water jug I will cut the top off and transplant my celery so it can grow more.

Ate leftovers while ordering stuff from Library for free entertainment and reading this thread.

Am roasting a whole chicken today and shredding to then add to fried rice and be ready for pot pie.

Earned a few free burger coupons for Harveys for doing my job as I normally do. They had a promotion, sell as many of something as you can and for every 3 you sell you get a free burger coupon. It was done over a few days and since it was people who were looking to buy the item already it worked out well for me.
    Giseledta, Natalka, Silk and 6 others like this.
    Insert Clever Signature Here

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

I put up a curtain on the door that goes down our staircase to keep the house cooler, going to go in the spare room (ds'2 old room) and hang curtains in their as well. We have not yet installed ac so hopefully these small things keep the heat out.

Yesterday I cooked something on the bbq side burner to keep the house cool. Dh, ds1 and FIL are off to the moose camp and they don't have a bbq so anything to keep the guys happy while away (lol).

Lunch is leftovers.

I called Bell approx. 2 weeks ago because of valid ongoing landline issues (8 years in the making). My call got escalated up 5 ranks until I was offered a fantastic deal for my 8 years of complaints and ridiculous amount of service calls, etc. I was offered home phone $19.95 w/ free long distance and no service fees etc for 1 year. And 2 year on my satellite (free receiver rental for life as long as I am with bell) and $60 for the satellite package. So a $60 a month savings with all the long distance, discounts etc....so pretty pleased.
    Giseledta, Natalka, Silk and 9 others like this.
    2019 is the year that we continue to save before we buy!!!

Trading Score
    27 (100%)

I cut DH's hair this weekend, which saves us $25+tip. I've been doing this for about the past year, but this weekend is when I finally made savings over the original $80 investment for a good razor/scissors.

I also cut both our Dogs nails this weekend, which saves $10/dog/month. (I've done this for 3 years now.)
    super_e, Natalka, Silk and 6 others like this.

Trading Score
    454 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by beckie.c View Post
    I cut DH's hair this weekend, which saves us $25+tip. I've been doing this for about the past year, but this weekend is when I finally made savings over the original $80 investment for a good razor/scissors.

I also cut both our Dogs nails this weekend, which saves $10/dog/month. (I've done this for 3 years now.)
    Ugh you reminded me I was supposed to cut DH's hair today, our one cat has needed his nails trimmed for the last 2 weeks and our other cat needs her shave down for the last two weeks. Procrastinations.

$480 a year DH's hair
    $80 a year for my own hair
    $200 a year in kitty shaves

It really does save you tons of money!
    Insert Clever Signature Here

Page 5 of 49 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 ... LastLast

Thread Information