User Tag List

Page 16 of 54 FirstFirst ... 6 14 15 16 17 18 26 ... LastLast
Like Tree5718Likes

Thread: August 2015 Frugal Chatter thread

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

-well daughter slept over last night(we chatted and went to bed early ) -as her hubby went to a friends drinking party
    -may have a potential sale from kijiji (5.00)-wow it has been awhile
    -daughter gave me some shoes to sell on kijiji for her maybe I will put a notice look at my other ads really great prices

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

And I have a $7 pick up today (DS too small shirts) They were just taking up room in his closet. Will pull more out soon and post. Less is more!

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Did some tidying up this morning and put a load in the wash and will hang outside in the sunshine to dry. DS has baseball practice later so will probably drop him off and come home and put laundry away and start dinner. Started my back to school snack box Rice crackers were on for $1 wub 3 and I received 200 pts per package so bought 6. Both my boys love these so I like to stock up. I'm sure they will keep adding the points to my card so will grab more when I have the pts offer. Now to find my rubbermaid snack box to hide these away. And I started putting money in my school jar (Money needed for trips/supplys, and lunches) I put $40 in a month but was slacking for awhile since it wasn't needed. I started back at it last month and will continue for the school year. Will have a huge balance (hopefully) and will continue to leave it so it will be there for youngest for big grade 8 trip and graduation

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

@SassyAshley sounds like your mom is putting herself perhaps you should follow her lead and where can she go to get away if she is tight on funds, I hope you get a lot done before she leaves, you are so patient and kind I would totally got bananas
    2019 is the year that we continue to save before we buy!!!

Trading Score
    68 (100%)

Frugal produce only shop today, I still have the gift cards from the SObeys promo. So I stopped at Freshco, I wanted to PM the raspberries to food basics but no luck.
    Granger: ouch is all I can say. I totally feel your pain. Had it with both boys.
    Last edited by lilo0003; Sun, Aug 9th, 2015 at 03:14 PM.
    Friends don't let real friends pay full price.

Trading Score
    68 (100%)

I just realized today is my 5 year anniversary on SC. So happy I found SC, in that time we paid off our mortgage (7yrs ahead of schedule). Did three massive home renovations all paid for in advance. Now we are saving for the kitchen renovation. I have learned to love excel and created savings trackers to see how much we save from coupons, loyalty programs and every year the number increases, I think it was in excess of 4000.00 last year, heck I even embraced price matching. The best part, I met you lovely
    ladies. A pretty good 5 years I would say.
    Friends don't let real friends pay full price.

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

@lilo0003 congrats to you and all your financial successes and we do have a great bunch of folks on this thread and sc in general, time to celebrate frugally (lol)

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

@lilo0003 congrats to you and all your financial successes and we do have a great bunch of folks on this thread and sc in general, time to celebrate frugally (lol)

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

I called pc financial and got the 2.5% promo on savings accounts so should get some extra $ while the promo runs. They also offered me 2.62% 5 year fixed rate mortgage or 1.99% variable for 5 years, my mortgage isn't up for renewal until October 2016 but have been wanting a lower rate as we are 3.89% currently. I could renew 6 months early in 2016 at my current bank without penalty, however, I don't really know how to crunch the numbers myself - I plan on calling the bank tomorrow and asking what my penalty would be. When I called earlier in the spring they just told me it wasn't worth the penalty but never really gave me the amount.

Trading Score
    184 (100%)

Hello folks!
    Went to church this morning for the first time all summer. We are a two church parish and in the summer we have only one service at one of the churches and switch over in August. I find the other church very hot and my db has a hard time with the stairs.
    I was missing the messages and meditation time. I always find a message to take home and ponder.
    We need a new minister since ours moved away in April.
    Today they announced that we can't move ahead until we replace a member of the "Search" Committee as one of those people has also moved away.
    So, I need to think as a lot of eyes were on me when they made that announcement.
    Then when I dropped off my db, I saw that Canadian Tire had 90%off their perennials and annuals. I have been waiting for this and they held on WAY too long reducing.
    But I found a nice $16.00 perennial and 3X $2.50 ivies for less than $3.00 total.
    They are in the ground and I hope I can coax them to flourish. My whole garden is populated with clearance plants.
    Now a nice supper with my DH and db.
    Have a great evening!

Trading Score
    591 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by lilo0003 View Post
    I just realized today is my 5 year anniversary on SC. So happy I found SC, in that time we paid off our mortgage (7yrs ahead of schedule). Did three massive home renovations all paid for in advance. Now we are saving for the kitchen renovation. I have learned to love excel and created savings trackers to see how much we save from coupons, loyalty programs and every year the number increases, I think it was in excess of 4000.00 last year, heck I even embraced price matching. The best part, I met you lovely
    ladies. A pretty good 5 years I would say.

Congrats lilo0003 on your savings and paying off your mortgage early it sure adds up
    http://forum.smartcanucks.ca/411352-...-lists-canada/

Please use my ​Orange key when you open a Tangerine account 41140291S1

Trading Score
    591 (100%)

I didn't do too much today was suppose to wash the walls but taking it easy as 1 of my customers wants me to clean tomorrow .I will be away from the computer all day
    http://forum.smartcanucks.ca/411352-...-lists-canada/

Please use my ​Orange key when you open a Tangerine account 41140291S1

Trading Score
    65 (100%)

Had unexpected company this afternoon. I felt bad for not asking them to stay for supper but we were having a lazy day...I didn`t sleep at all last night so got a couple hours this morning...the house is a disaster and I had nothing on hand for a quick meal.
    @lilo0003 congrats on the anniversary and the savings.

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Had a great supper and visit with our son. He came back from his AB trip yesterday.
    He says he will never, ever go camping again... (he didn't like it the first time he went, either)
    Shared his pics and stories, he enjoyed the trip and time to himself.
    He said Calgary is too big for him - he got lost many times, even with GPS and google - said it was just too hard to get around.
    He liked Drumheller and loved Canmore.

Hope you all have a lovely evening. We had a really big supper, so will take it easy tonight!

Page 16 of 54 FirstFirst ... 6 14 15 16 17 18 26 ... LastLast

Thread Information