User Tag List

Page 22 of 54 FirstFirst ... 12 20 21 22 23 24 32 ... LastLast
Like Tree5718Likes

Thread: August 2015 Frugal Chatter thread

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

@Andit glad you are on the mend and staying with your mom @lilo0003 sometimes they seems so close and within reach but then the hurdles are so high at times (hugs) good luck with your decisions/choices @momof5boys rats....eek
    2019 is the year that we continue to save before we buy!!!

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

-gee just spent 80.00 at walmart and didn't even get any meat -mind you I bought myself a new watch 22.97
    -just plucked my eyebrows -did my upper lip -gonna do my finger nails tonight -getting ready for wedding -gotta pick up "ashlyn" at daycare at 3.30 on Thursday as daughter-in-law is leaving for Toronto -we need to have i.d also -no problem I am glad they have safeguards in place -so only watching her for 3 hours
    -making small pork roast today 5.50 as its a bit cooler out

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

good day all! Just popping in for a quick post to say WM and NF and I are on good terms once again!! ha ha
    Posted my small brag here
    http://forum.smartcanucks.ca/406935-...-deals-canada/

babies teach us acceptance

Trading Score
    68 (100%)

FBM: I agree summers are harder. I want to be free to hang with the kids and just relax and yet this is when big projects start and it does not help that I am asked to lead a huge project with no regard for my vacation plans & it’s not the 1st summer this has happened. It also makes for long days, which I am not compensated for. My new coping strategy is to try and work at home at least one day a week. I may try for 2 days a week once the kids are back in school.
    Friends don't let real friends pay full price.

momof5boys
    Trading Score
    509 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by YOU AND ME View Post
    I would be afraid also.Many years ago they were doing construction on a new road near my house we had sewer rats and the rats would actually chase my cat.The city came and put poison bait around ,we had lots of small kids in our neighbourhood and i was afraid to let my kids out as these rats were rally bold.One day i hear scratching at the back screen door i thought it was the cat wanting to come in,instead it was a big rat,i nearly crapped myself.I have goosebumps thinking of this
    Oh yikes...what did you do as precaution? In the meantime I spoke with the builder and he says there isn't any chance a rat would find their way into this house unless it is through an open door. I'm just taking precautions and keeping rat poison under the deck anyway. No pets can get to that spot so it is safe from kids/pets.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Well today was expensive-needed a new pair of indoor and outdoor shoes on top of the orthotics I bought last month and picked up yesterday. Hopefully my feet will thank me. I asked for and got a discount at each store( total $40 saved) but still it was not cheap for the brands and model numbers recommended for me. Wish I could have bought them in the US last week but too risky to know how they will feel without the orthotic there to try on with-bad timing of my apt. Oh well. I do like to get out for a stroll with DH and I guess whatever gets us out walking more comfortably is a good investment in our health! The main thing I miss about work are the health benefits which would have covered orthotics, dental etc. I am just thankful we have savings to provide for extra health expenses that are not covered as we get older. Now I know a style that fits me I can watch for it on sale-until of course they discontinue it! The podiatrist told me you should replace your shoes every 1,000 km as the cushioning wears down-I am sure I am not the only one who does not.
    Last edited by lizzie bargain; Wed, Aug 12th, 2015 at 04:45 PM.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Hello...just being nosey and poking my head in for a while...gosh, so much going on in your lives!! I don't feel I'm frugal enough to hang out here, LOL....on the other hand, with me still not in top form, my hubby does all the shopping so I don't have a handle on what goes on there, how much things cost anymore...but I am finally making a few meals, or..at least helping my hubby out. I'm getting stronger but my knee still "gives out" when I least expect it, and I guess it's all affecting my back, but what the heck...there's worse out there, and I know that one day I'll be fine again.

Walks, darn it, we were in Walmart (my second time this summer, lol) for a few things, and didn't see any carts with reduced produce there; had I read your post, I sure would have looked for one. I did run into one at RCSS yesterday and found a large container of cherry tomatoes which I picked up. I'll use most of them then make a salsa with the rest, likely tomorrow, but I've really enjoyed them so far. AND my new GEFU gizmo thingy that made stringy zucchini stips for a salad today!

Anyhoodles...you all take good care of yourselves; I hope you can get out and enjoy the weather, smell the roses...I can't believe how fast August is flying by!!!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Yes Lynn49 I had just been to Walmart when I read that post too-will have to try to remember to check next time I am in as well!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    25 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by momof5boys View Post
    Oh yikes...what did you do as precaution? In the meantime I spoke with the builder and he says there isn't any chance a rat would find their way into this house unless it is through an open door. I'm just taking precautions and keeping rat poison under the deck anyway. No pets can get to that spot so it is safe from kids/pets.
    Rats, yuck. I haven[t seen one since moving to Alberta many years ago. I know we are supposed to be rat free but Medicine hat has had issues the last few years. Are you in Alberta?

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    25 (100%)

Feel better soon Andit, glad you can go to your moms and get some TLC.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    25 (100%)

Lizzie, so nice when our teenagers make us proud.Good for her for wanting the extra work.

Trading Score
    2 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by lilo0003 View Post
    Granger: what lovely pictures. Thanks for sharing.
    J & C: I can only image how frustrating it is to feel like you are the only one worrying about finances.
    My mini rant…I should be grateful that I have a well-paying job, but I am exhausted and I really don’t know how much longer I can keep this pace & my boss thinks this is how we should all work. DH listens to me vent but I feel bad for just ing about it. I am working on a plan, but need to complete an accreditation before I can take any action. My profession has added a College much like the college of Nurses. It is a tedious process and I need to do it while all these connections are in place. But of course I don’t have the time to get it done. I think I am just annoyed because I was to be on vacation as of Friday and apparently it’s a working vacation. Both DH & I planned to cut back on work once Logan is 18 but that was the 6 yr plan. Now I need to revaluate that for the sake of my sanity and my family. Logan recently pointed out that I am in a bad mood whenever I get in the door from work. So as they say something has got to give.
    I very much understand cranky when you walk through the door from work and vacations that turn into working vacations. I'm "on Vacation " but have gotten at least 3 emails a day from work plus phone calls even on Saturday and Sunday. I'm supposed to be off until the 17th but as bf now has his ortho apt tomorrow we cut our trip short and are currently on our way home. I may end up in tomorrow.

Last summer bf didnt want me around fir a good hour after work he said I was a stressed out black grumpy cloud when I got home in July and August. This year hasn't been near as bad b u t I might attribute that to all the pain pills making it hard to stress out.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

Trading Score
    2 (100%)

Granger what beautiful pictures!

Momof5boys. Rats freak me out. Mice freak my sister out..
    In fact Monday night one was outside her camper and she was chasing it with a broom thru the bushes.

Argh I haven't even had the flex a week and a semi has put a rock chip in the new WIndshield

Trading Score
    2 (100%)

Andit get well soon!

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

@walkonby really jealous of your tomoato deal @saundyl sorry to hear about your windshield @lizzie bargain your feet are so important and your daughter I am sure learned a valuable lesson about thruth good on you
    2019 is the year that we continue to save before we buy!!!

Page 22 of 54 FirstFirst ... 12 20 21 22 23 24 32 ... LastLast

Thread Information