User Tag List

Page 37 of 54 FirstFirst ... 27 35 36 37 38 39 47 ... LastLast
Like Tree5718Likes

Thread: August 2015 Frugal Chatter thread

Contradiction in progress sweet sparrow's Avatar
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by coupon girl View Post
    -went to dentist and I don't need a filling I have a crack in my tooth-so will have to wait it out -uggg
    then popped into fortinos around the corner from my dentist got a few deals
    I haven't a clue what you mean about waiting it out. I definitely need a crown. My filling has cracked and the tooth has decayed since my last dental visit. He did recommend that I get fitted for a crown right then but we were far from home and I didn't know how much longer LO could wait. The dental visit is this weekend and I am not looking forward to it.

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

@Granger wonderful writting (sorry I feel I shouldn't call it story but cannot come up with the right word)
    @Crochetlady after thinking about this more as I could not sleep last night I almost wonder if this woman does not want to become your competition. Please do not take this wrong way but there is something from what you have said that almost makes me wonder if this woman (or her friend) saw what you were doing and if someone said how well you do they aren't think hey I can do that. Maybe even thinking they can undercut you on price, I am sorry I know that sound horrible but I have seen it before with my Mom and cakes oh so and so will make this for me for $$$ oh well I can do the same but will only charge you $$$.

Nancy hopefully you get some answers soon, I am guess it is your doctor who needs to put Logan on the wait list?
    @saundyl I have sent food back we are not happy with, actually last week we went to Swiss Chalet and the perogies were extremely salty I think who ever made them like the seasoned salt a little too much we scrapped it off but when the waiter saw what we were doing he offered to get us new ones, we declined we had eaten half so they removed it from our bill no questions asked. On the flip side I do remember once sending a salad back as I found a hair in it and remember fighting with them over them telling me the hair was mine, I am brunette and the hair in my food was blonde and twice the length of my hair.

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    75 (100%)

@jasperandchar I hope you don't have to wait too long for the tele-pychiatry appointment. I took our oldest dd, Ashley, to a Tele-psychiatry appointment back in March (she suffers from anxiety as well as symptoms of ADHD). It was worth the wait as we got a detailed report (about a month later) with recommendations for treatment. She is taking medication which seems to help (most of the time anyways). Oh yeah I hear you about wasting your time.... Our pediatrician's office is an hour away and we drove all the way there for him to spend 5 mins with us and to give us a website address to fill out an online questionnaire! I was not impressed....

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Good morning!

Started the day off with a nice drizzle here - it smells so nice! We'll have today and tomorrow like this, going to low 20s with some rain. Not a lot, though. We're supposed to get back to the 30s by late next week.

Hope you all have a lovely day!

Name:  hugscatsblink.gif
Views: 167
Size:  52.5 KB

Contradiction in progress sweet sparrow's Avatar
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Crochetlady View Post
    Here is my question...would you give away patterns that you paid for and use to earn $$$ with?
    If it were a stranger, I might let her know where I bought the pattern. If it were an acquiantance, I would try to politely ask if it was for someone she knew (like a baby nephew/granddaughter, etc.). If it was for her own interest/practice, I would give her a reference of where it was from. If it was actually for a baby and she thought she would try it as a gift, I would probably let her make a photocopy.

I'm sure if she wanted to be your competition, there are dozens of patterns out there that she could make and undercut you with unfortunately. It depends on whatever you're comfortable with.

Or maybe you could offer her a completed one for a small reduction in the price?

I usually hand over my best recipes without thinking about it, but then, I don't sell them either.

Quote Originally Posted by Granger View Post
    I meant to post this earlier in case anyone is interested. It is a longer read...Josie's birth story.
    Thank you for sharing that with us. It's a lovely story that Josette will treasure too one day, I'm sure. I just couldn't imagine that drive down Yonge St. with your DH putting you through every pothole. That just sounded too cruel!

Quote Originally Posted by jasperandchar View Post
    We could have answered this questionnaire ourselves just saying, however, it needed to be done by a qualified person....wish we could have done this over the phone....so frustrated
    That is very frustrating! I hope they process it quickly!

Quote Originally Posted by saundyl View Post
    Inquiring mind... when you aren't happy with food at a restaurant do you send it back?
    It depends what I am unhappy about. If there is something in it that makes it inedible (eg. a cockroach, obvious mold, etc.) it's going back. I would just ask to have it removed from the bill, nothing else.

If it's just dry, too greasy, etc. I wouldn't send it back but I might make a comment if it was for example in a centimetre of oil or dry as cardboard.

Quote Originally Posted by SassyAshley View Post
    On the flip side I do remember once sending a salad back as I found a hair in it and remember fighting with them over them telling me the hair was mine, I am brunette and the hair in my food was blonde and twice the length of my hair.
    @SassyAshley : You just reminded me, LO sends back food if she sees hair in it too. Usually it's hers though, so I take the hair away and she keeps eating.

Trading Score
    17 (100%)

Good morning, everyone.

Lily dog is on the mend. She's still coughing every so often (it breaks my heart that she's not 100% happy) and is sleeping more than she usually does. I hate seeing my baby get old. At least Quincy cat is still crazy.

Today is all about making popsicles. Have to boil chicken hearts soon (oy, the smell!) to make a broth, then I'll dehydrate them as snacks for the brats. I don't suppose anyone can explain to them just how spoiled they are? They're convinced I'm still in need of training.

Just heard from my Mom - she arrived safe & sound, if a little squished (she was sandwiched between 2 very tall & very wide individuals who both fell asleep and trapped her in her seat for 8 hours, sheesh). Off to get started with the day (grateful that I only have Quincy cat invading my personal space ).

Hope everyone has a wonderful day.

For a smile, see our vids: http://www.youtube.com/lilyquincy

Trading Score
    65 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Granger View Post
    ^^^ and the pushover (me) has no problem sending food back. Lol!

We went to Montana's and I was so irate at the wait time and poor quality we ended up with free appies and 30% off the rest of our bill. Although irate I was still polite.

I guess with a pattern I would feel it wasn't mine to begin with, so although I wouldn't want to share I may not have the guts to say no. With food it is a service I am paying for.
    I guess we all have our own areas of being pushovers. I did buy the pattern ($20 for the book) so I consider it to be mine.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Rainy day here and both kids had sleepovers last night. So no Wonderland today. Used up bread from freezer and made tons of grilled cheese. Prepped dinner. Corn on the cob ( 8 cobs for $1 yesterday at RCSS!) fresh cauliflower, coleslaw, pork roast and mashed potatoes with gravy. Kitchen is all clean now too. Now to get cleaning/ sorting the house.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Did all of you catch the change in No Frills' flyer dates? Back to Friday start. Noticed it while looking at Cyn's post. *<<<Ignore my fuzzy flyer mind warp. I'm in the wrong and out of the warp zone. Somehow was thinking No Frills was Food Basics and went off on the date. Sorry for the confusion.>>>

I bought the Kitchen Stuff Plus trolley deal that was posted yesterday on the blog--those plastic wheels have centre seams so no gravel treks or rough terrain. Will see if I can carry some larger items with it until winter. Too bad aftermarket rubber tires with treads are not a "thing" so I can switch the wheels for more durability. I did find it useful to put my shopping bags into the cart when I stopped to have my All Bran bars (Eastgate Shoppers had two types in stock) for a snack break with free hands. One day, I'll attempt to purchase two cases of pop and strap them to the frame (liner off) to see how they fare/shift. The liner is only held in place with a wide fabric strap and self-fastening tape-I would not tote a 10kg bag of flour in it (bundle buggy would handle it).
    Last edited by Ciel; Thu, Aug 20th, 2015 at 06:03 PM.
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by saundyl View Post
    Inquiring mind... when you aren't happy with food at a restaurant do you send it back?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk
    Absolutely I do, however, there has to be something wrong with it, I don't like the flavouring then no but if it's tastes off (bad, burnt, etc) then absolutely
    2019 is the year that we continue to save before we buy!!!

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

Thanks everyone for your kind words regarding Logan. We just finished baking. We made churro sticks...yummmers and A Toffee Bite Cheesecake which needs to chill overnight so I will report on that tomorrow. He loves to cook/bake so I thought it would be a good distractions which it was so that's positive. FIL is back and said dh & Jaden will be back tomorrow so that's good

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

LO hasn't thrown up since 8:30 last night.

My dad is getting married in Saskatoon on Saturday. We are traveling up tomorrow and returning home again on Sunday. The reception is a potluck that is being held at my grandma's (my dad's mom's) long term care facility. I asked Dad today what he wanted me to bring. He requested cookies and anything else I want to bake. I'm known for my baking and dad is a diabetic with a sweet tooth. Unfortunately, I am not making "diabetic friendly" sweets. I don't have enough notice to do that type of thing right now. LO and I have cheesecake brownies in the oven. It's my first time making these and I made a double batch. I have to buy more eggs so that we can bake a double batch of molasses oatmeal chocolate chip cookies today. The last numbers that I heard to expect at the reception is about 50 people. The bride's mom is making carrot cake.

Dh heads back to work on Monday.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

@Angela273 glad to hear your LO has not been sick since last night. Amazing that you are doing baking with 2 new babies....makes me feel like a real slacker (smile). PS enjoy the wedding, great opportunity to get some folks to take some photos of your family of 5

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

Starting to make my list of possible goals for September not going to overdue the list as I don't want to be disappointed with what I don't achieve.
    1. So will focus on batch cooking once the oven is going take advantage of it by doing a dessert or freezer meals. With dh hunting I want to have some meals that he can just warm up vs. buying all kinds of expensive and unhealthy canned foods most of those dishes will include ground moose so fairly cheap meals.
    2. Also going to get the young males in the shown alternating weeks between main course and baking so that we stay ahead of lunch snacks for school.
    3. Want to repaint the doors upstairs as they have not been painted since we moved in

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Good Morning All,
    Yippee we have finally made it to Friday, it has been a long week. Normally we get a bit of a slow down in August but we are now at the 21st and no signs of a slow down. I should not say anything as it is great for business but It would be nice to get a few days to catch up on some other stuff.

We have our company golf tournament tomorrow, we have record numbers 65 golfers so I am happy about that but a little nervous about 1:30 to 2 when we need to get everyone organized and out on the course. I know it will be fun but until we are there and all golfers are out on the course it is always a little stressful.

I also need to try to get a bunch of stuff done at home this weekend as I want to get my bed on order ASAP well it is still on sale and before I talk myself out of it. Right now the issue is we do not have anywhere to move anything to set up the new. It looks like most of the current furniture in my room will be getting the boot. I am not going to sell anything until I have the new stuff in pace and know for sure but after measuring it looks like most will need to go to make room. On the flip side I am so freaking excited about finally having storage in my room.

Alright time to get back to work have a great day everyone

Page 37 of 54 FirstFirst ... 27 35 36 37 38 39 47 ... LastLast

Thread Information