User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree93Likes

Thread: I " never " shop at Sobey's till I just did! AM and cheap ice cream

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

I almost never search Sobey's flyer because the store is mostly insane high prices, BUT tonight I decided to see if the 2 separate set of coupons they mailed me ( one was an entire booklet filled with pages! ) could help rack up some AM.

A few things I bought were Chapmans Ice cream @ $1.99 ea, Hellmans Mayo @ $3.99 ( CO51 refunding $1.00 ) and stocked up on No Salt Chix broth @ 3/$5.00, a couple of chocolate bars, green onions, 6 croissants ( ha ha ) and I was out the door!

Spent $20.92 in 1st transaction, earned 11 AM ( 1 regular , 10 Bonus wys $20.00 )
    Spent $23.61 in 2nd transaction, earned 48 AM (1 regular, 22 on 4 specific products, and 25 bonus for using ALL 4 of those coupons in a single transaction )
    Total spent $44.53, earned 59 total AM.

It took so long trying to navigate the best use of these coupons matched with products, I will definitely NOT use most of the ones I have left as the prices are not anywhere near worth the AM offered on them. Sorry Sobey's, I know you are trying BUT $6.00 for a block of cheese??! I am so spoiled from the other stores sales.
    This thread is currently associated with: N/A

babies teach us acceptance

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    2 (100%)

Great that you were able to combine a few things
    I dont know anything about air miles, what does 59 points get you?
    Our regular price for 400gr of cheese can go up to 7.99, so I feel your sticker shock!

Canadian Genius
    Trading Score
    51 (100%)

Last edited by lecale; Fri, Oct 30th, 2015 at 02:27 PM.

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Wonderful shop, WOB!

Sobey's is a fave store of ours here, but we are careful to only shop the specials. Have a huge list for them this week!
    walkonby, ticul, amira84 and 1 others like this.

Trading Score
    173 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Natalka View Post
    Wonderful shop, WOB!

Sobey's is a fave store of ours here, but we are careful to only shop the specials. Have a huge list for them this week!
    Sobeys outside of Ontario always have decent offers. Ours are just overpriced and many have closed recently
    Natalka, walkonby, ticul and 3 others like this.
    Make an easy $20+ per month with Swagbucks - watch videos, search, play games & get paid!
    ~ ~ ~
    Save while shopping online with cashback from ebates
    Get cash rebates when you buy from amazon.ca, Old Navy and more - get paid by cheque or paypal!

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

nice deal on the airmiles and cheap yummy ice cream -way to go girl

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    34 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by walkonby View Post
    I almost never search Sobey's flyer because the store is mostly insane high prices, BUT tonight I decided to see if the 2 separate set of coupons they mailed me ( one was an entire booklet filled with pages! ) could help rack up some AM.

A few things I bought were Chapmans Ice cream @ $1.99 ea, Hellmans Mayo @ $3.99 ( CO51 refunding $1.00 ) and stocked up on No Salt Chix broth @ 3/$5.00, a couple of chocolate bars, green onions, 6 croissants ( ha ha ) and I was out the door!

Spent $20.92 in 1st transaction, earned 11 AM ( 1 regular , 10 Bonus wys $20.00 )
    Spent $23.61 in 2nd transaction, earned 48 AM (1 regular, 22 on 4 specific products, and 25 bonus for using ALL 4 of those coupons in a single transaction )
    Total spent $44.53, earned 59 total AM.

It took so long trying to navigate the best use of these coupons matched with products, I will definitely NOT use most of the ones I have left as the prices are not anywhere near worth the AM offered on them. Sorry Sobey's, I know you are trying BUT $6.00 for a block of cheese??! I am so spoiled from the other stores sales.
    Quote Originally Posted by d.ot View Post
    Great that you were able to combine a few things
    I dont know anything about air miles, what does 59 points get you?
    Our regular price for 400gr of cheese can go up to 7.99, so I feel your sticker shock!
    Our regular price almost everywhere is 9.99 but it usually go on sale at $5.99

I rarely shop at Sobeys though
    "Freedom is a myth, love is non-existent and privacy is delusional! No right to live or die"

Like for me no apparent reason!
    https://www.facebook.com/Arvilish-133128550466283/

Trading Score
    24 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by lecale View Post
    At 95=$10, 1 AM = $.105 and 59 AM is worth $6.20

You sign up for https://www.airmilesopinions.ca/ and you get a bunch of points free. (E.g., They will pay you for your LCBO records and purchase info. God forbid you are a beer drinker: they will ask you about 50 brands at a time. However, you get to ponder your shopping habits, learn, and earn AM.)

Then you shop at Air Miles Shops instead of in-store. You can really get a whack of points for a low outlay if you are in the habit of shopping for clothes online.
    thanks for posting the conversion lecale! I figured it to be around $6.00. I sure do not get to redeem out as often as I did a few years ago. AM is almost dead to me ( sad ) but that is what happened when they changed it all.

Quote Originally Posted by Natalka View Post
    Wonderful shop, WOB!

Quote Originally Posted by FallenPixels View Post
    Sobeys outside of Ontario always have decent offers. Ours are just overpriced and many have closed recently
    Natalka I think it like FP said, in Ontario nothing really improved, it was expensive before, still is only now they are an AM Sponsor.

Quote Originally Posted by coupon girl View Post
    nice deal on the airmiles and cheap yummy ice cream -way to go girl
    thanks coupon girl, you know I ended up buying one container for each person here ( their fav. flavours! )

Quote Originally Posted by Arvilish View Post
    Our regular price almost everywhere is 9.99 but it usually go on sale at $5.99

I rarely shop at Sobeys though
    $9.99 For ONE block of cheese? ( 400-450 gram ) That is rotten! I would go without if that was the price here. I am certain we get ours between $3.97- $4.99 when on sale, I never buy at regular prices.

and........just got my $1.00 back from CO51 for the Hellman's!! Every little bit helps.
    ticul, amira84 and Davetherave like this.

Canadian Genius
    Trading Score
    51 (100%)

walkonby, ticul, kristeven and 2 others like this.

Trading Score
    24 (100%)

The thing with Air Miles at Sobeys is, you can use them to redeem for a gift card for any store they carry, so your options on where to spend them are wide open.
    can't you get GC's at Metro redeeming AM too? I've never tried, but they do have GC's there.
    ticul, kristeven and Davetherave like this.

Canadian Genius
    Trading Score
    51 (100%)

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Nice deals, walkonby! I believe ourThrifty Foods is the BC's version of sobeys and it is crazy expensive, atleast for me!

And what is this? I saw what you did there! Acting all healthy in front of me but sneakily putting chocolates and croissants between healthy stuff so that i dont push you to start shopping at sdm. Lol.
    Nice try!
    ticul and Davetherave like this.

Trading Score
    24 (100%)

Yes, and the Metro GC's are good at FB for an even better return. The Sobeys deal is far better though because they have a big GC selection to pick from. (The Sobey's closest to me became a Frescho, and the only reason I go to the other one is to cash in for GCs because it is ice cream-melting distance.)
    yes NOW I remember a friend of mine grabbing up numerous Sobeys GC to earn a wack of AM but she told me she would never actually shop there with them but instead go to FreshCo to use them. Good plan. You should have seen how fast I dashed home with those 4 pkgs of Ice cream, it is still pretty warm here. ha ha

Quote Originally Posted by amira84 View Post
    Nice deals, walkonby! I believe ourThrifty Foods is the BC's version of sobeys and it is crazy expensive, atleast for me!

And what is this? I saw what you did there! Acting all healthy in front of me but sneakily putting chocolates and croissants between healthy stuff so that i dont push you to start shopping at sdm. Lol.
    Nice try!
    haha !! I knew someone would catch those bad treats in my post!! Confession time, I bought the 6 croissants because it was one of the unique product coupons they mailed me ( I earned 10 AM ) and the bars also I earned 6 AM on each one AND trust me they are for my DD.. They really are! ha ha These were the cheapest products ( not the healthiest....cringing! ) I could buy along with 1 bunch of green onions and a green pepper to use all 4 coupons, that way earning the extra 25 AM.

Too complicated for me to bother doing on any regular basis but this trip it worked out o.k. hey, how did your studying go today??
    ticul, amira84 and Davetherave like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    51 (100%)

We had Blue Friday today. I started with a $100 and got a $100 GC plus $10 GC ( coupon).

Then spent $105.65. Have a 350 AM ( worth $38.44) and $3 CO51 and still have $4.35 GC.

I got the cheese ($5.99) but if you bought 3 you got 100 AM ( used coupons for the cheese).

Cokes 2 L for .99, 3 pork shoulder roasts ($1.99/lb) cheese, etc...

Sobeys is like Safeway. You have to shop the deals.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by walkonby View Post
    hey, how did your studying go today??

Going good so far! I think it's going good because I am still on my first chapter and first ones are always the easiet. Kekeke.
    Will see what happens when i am on my 4th or 5th chapter. Lol

But!!! Are you going to ask this question EVERY.SINGLE.NIGHT before i got to bed? You pretending to be my mom? YIKES.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information