User Tag List

Page 39 of 49 FirstFirst ... 29 37 38 39 40 41 ... LastLast
Like Tree5061Likes

Thread: October 2015 Frugal chatter

Trading Score
    42 (100%)

@SassyAshley ::: @Crochetlady gives you good advice. I received a gift of her work from a package train...if I were to ever order something from her she would be receiving an email transfer upfront for the full-amount.

Sellers have more of a risk than buyers IMO. 50% (cost of materials) minimum deposit.

We used to be out car part $$$ all the time, now if you are a first time customer, part money is cash upfront. Returning customers depends on payment history.
    Last edited by Granger; Sun, Oct 25th, 2015 at 06:55 PM.
    "There are more important things--friendship and bravery...."
    -Hermione Granger

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

I messaged her and she says it is not her issue and that it is my fault for just going ahead (she told me to go ahead with whatever I thought would work) and not sending enough photos. She has now said it is not the design of the blanket it is the colours (I did send her a photo of the colours before I started). So pretty sure it is that she does not want to pay for it.

I am over this and think I will report her.
    Last edited by SassyAshley; Sun, Oct 25th, 2015 at 08:02 PM.

Trading Score
    65 (100%)

Well the afghan is gone. She showed up at suppertime. Also ordered one for in January.

Trading Score
    184 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by SassyAshley View Post
    Avon thoughts and prayers for your cousin
    Thank-you, SassyAshley! Muchly appreciated!
    Here's to all you great SC'ers
    Join Swagbucks and make $$$
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/avoncallingu

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by avoncallingu View Post
    Hello folks!

We went to a local Theatre last night to see a play called "Death Trap." Many twists and turns and some comedic parts. Really enjoyed the "date" as DH's son had a wedding to go to. Today, a classic car show at Ybor City which is a historically Cuban Cigar Making part of Tampa. Had a great meal- prime rib with a baked potato for $9.99 plus add a salad for $1.

Tonight going to see the grown up son play hockey. He never had an interest when he was a boy. So, Frugalbigmomma, I'll be thinking of you as I try to scrounge enough warm clothing to keep warm in an area!

Got some really sad news today that my 38-yr.-old cousin- single mom of 2, has been diagnosed, just Wednesday with acute leukaemia with major complications. She was sent to Windsor to the hospital there.

DH is trying to keep me focused on trying to enjoy our last couple of days here. We don't get to see his son very often.

Take care, everyone!
    I feel terrible. Will arrange to get to see her when we get home.
    Sorry to hear the news about your cousin; prayers and very positive thoughts for her.

It's nice, though, to hear you are having lovely adventures and great family time on your trip!

Well, I had told you all on here back in the summer about my BIL's cancer, between esophagus and stomach. (he's 64, married to my second oldest sister)
    In the last several months, he went through radiation, and the tumour shrunk a bit. He had gotten a bit of an appetite back (he had lost a lot of weight), and was doing fairly well - though terribly tired all the time - he had always been very active.

He begins chemo this week - and from what I understand, that's going to be a lot rougher than radiation, is that right? I know it depends upon the individual.

gah, CA just sucks...

Trading Score
    591 (100%)

Avon thoughts and prayers for your cousin.I'm out all day so you ladies have a great day
    http://forum.smartcanucks.ca/411352-...-lists-canada/

Please use my ​Orange key when you open a Tangerine account 41140291S1

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Natalka View Post
    Sorry to hear the news about your cousin; prayers and very positive thoughts for her.

It's nice, though, to hear you are having lovely adventures and great family time on your trip!

Well, I had told you all on here back in the summer about my BIL's cancer, between esophagus and stomach. (he's 64, married to my second oldest sister)
    In the last several months, he went through radiation, and the tumour shrunk a bit. He had gotten a bit of an appetite back (he had lost a lot of weight), and was doing fairly well - though terribly tired all the time - he had always been very active.

He begins chemo this week - and from what I understand, that's going to be a lot rougher than radiation, is that right? I know it depends upon the individual.

gah, CA just sucks...
    Hugs. From what we hear yes chemo is rough (my friend is going through it now but she makes it look easy!) but she was told radiation will be a breeze) But yes some people seem to have a rougher go of Chemo then others. Sending well wishes his way!

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

For the last 2 nights, the longest that baby boy has let me go between feeding a is 2hrs. Since I am already up, I wake and fees baby girl in an attempt to get more sleep without her being the one to wake me next. Nightls like these make me really hungry from being up so much and I am usually in pain. I just try to remind myself that every night is not this bad
    Last edited by Angela273; Mon, Oct 26th, 2015 at 10:08 AM.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Trading Score
    2 (100%)

Thoughts snd prayers for your cousin Avon.

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

HELP HELP with Fleas

I noticed fleas on my male dog yesterday so both dogs got baths.

I noticed 1 flea on male dog today.

Dh is going to go to the vet to pick up the flea pills for both dogs.

I have been vacuuming very often, baseboards, couch, chairs, etc.

I have been washing everything in hot water.

I don't want to use a flea bomb as they are not good for humans or dogs.
    @thriftygranny I remember you son brought home a fox that had fleas while you were away on vacation, what did you do.

I read on pinterest to put 1tsp of apple cider vinegar in 4 cups of water for the dogs to drink, the fleas will leave the dogs alone...who knows???

I also read to spray 1/2 white vinegar with 1/2 water in a spray bottle around the house...help

And anyone else please provide feedback, should I be in such a panic?????

Will the fleas die and not come back if they cannot feed on the dogs? help help hels
    Last edited by jasperandchar; Mon, Oct 26th, 2015 at 10:32 AM.
    2019 is the year that we continue to save before we buy!!!

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

@avoncallingu thoughts & prayers for your cousin and children so very sad
    @cath007 I decorate for Halloween but get no kids, my 12 year old will be out trick or treating this Saturday but his brother won't....it's not cool (haha)
    @avoncallingu when you have a moment can you send me the potato pumpkin soup recipe, thanks

All I can say is fleas fleas fleas.....geez
    2019 is the year that we continue to save before we buy!!!

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by SassyAshley View Post
    I messaged her and she says it is not her issue and that it is my fault for just going ahead (she told me to go ahead with whatever I thought would work) and not sending enough photos. She has now said it is not the design of the blanket it is the colours (I did send her a photo of the colours before I started). So pretty sure it is that she does not want to pay for it.

I am over this and think I will report her.

Okay. Enough. I used to make fresh and 'silk' wedding bouquets and all wedding florals for weddings from our home. It was fun and extremely rewarding; loved meeting with the brides and seeing their expressions when they came to pick up their arrangements.
    There was this one gal who came with her Mother and from the second I met them I knew they were not the kind of people who would ever be satisfied with whatever anyone produced for them. I knew I did not want to deal with them, and priced what they wanted VERY high.
    Either a) they'd take it and I'd at least have a ton of money after dealing with them, of b), they'd decline.
    Thank goodness they declined and my stress was gone.

This gal is not worth it; she'll never be satisfied, can't communicate what she really wants so again, won't be satisfied, may or may not pay, and whatever happens will leave bad feelings all around.

Tell her you've been piled up with orders, and if she calls after Christmas you'd be happy to take her order.

Your life will be relieved of at least one additional stress.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    25 (100%)

Oh Nancy, fleas I still have nightmares from when we had the "flea" inc-dent.
    The best thing you can do is sprinkle borax on your carpets every other day let it sit over night and vacuum vacuum vacuum. The fleas will naturally go to the dogs so the medicine will take care of it, it will take a bit though because if there are eggs and larvae in your rug they will hatch but die as soon as they find the treated dogs.Try not to freak out though. I remember you having a turtle? This is why our problem was so bad, some got in the turtle enclosure and it was the perfect recipe for breeding, damp and a uv light, I had to quarantine ours in a bare enclosure, not sure if yours is s a tortoise or a water turtle. Be careful when the guys come home from hunting, those animal hides will have fleas on them, I bag the hunting clothes in a vacu seal bag for a few days and then wash with borax and hot water.
    Good luck, it is a huge PITA.Here is a link that may help, borax dries out any eggs or larvae and is your best defense.http://www.fleabites.net/how-to-use-...-fleas-safely/

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

It is a new day and I am moving on. Off to buy more yarn tonight so I can finish Mom's blanket for her bed as well we will grab a few groceries. We do not really need a lot in the way of groceries just mostly going to grab a few one off things we are out of Eggs, Syrup.

Also I know it was discussed a few months ago the price of Almond Milk, I discovered on the week No Frills is now selling Silk 2 for $7.00 which is the old RCSS & Zehrs price. It was not a sale sign but an everyday price sticker so we will see how long it stays at this price.

Trading Score
    65 (100%)

@avoncallingyou Prayers and positive thoughts for your cousin and also for your BIL @ Natalka
    @jasperandchar When we used to babysit our neighbour`s dog we got fleas in the house. Put water and a few drops of liquid dish soap in a shallow dish...I used a foil pie plate. Set it under a nightlight. Very easy and the fleas were gone in no time.

Page 39 of 49 FirstFirst ... 29 37 38 39 40 41 ... LastLast

Thread Information