User Tag List

Page 40 of 49 FirstFirst ... 30 38 39 40 41 42 ... LastLast
Like Tree5061Likes

Thread: October 2015 Frugal chatter

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

@Crochetlady thanks for the advice I will give it a try
    @thriftygranny thanks so very much for your advice about the borax.

I spoke with the vet's office dh will be picking up the meds tonight on his way home from work. Apparently like thriftygranny said the meds will fix the problem shortly there after the dogs start the meds (24 hrs). The fleas will bite the dogs and die, thank god.

Well I have totally had a brain fart r been in another planet owith respect to the butternut. I needed to toss 1/2 as I put them somewhere and forgot about them....geez....see that's happens when your husband comes home from being gone 2 weeks....

I now have the goods ones spread out on newspaper. I need to get dh to put up a few hooks tonight so we can hang the walnuts to dry for another 4 weeks.

Dh is having his back procedure (fingers crossed it works) as this could lead to 2 years of being pain free. He is at work today and has a call for Friday if he's up to it. Thursday is my surgery so depending on how he is feeling, I may just ask the inlaws to drop me off for my surgery as the extra income would be great considering dh's truck needs some attending. The 4x4 is making grinding noises (not good) and it also needs some body work done (under the doors).

Wishing everyone a great evening.
    2019 is the year that we continue to save before we buy!!!

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by SassyAshley View Post
    It is a new day and I am moving on. Off to buy more yarn tonight so I can finish Mom's blanket for her bed as well we will grab a few groceries. We do not really need a lot in the way of groceries just mostly going to grab a few one off things we are out of Eggs, Syrup.

Also I know it was discussed a few months ago the price of Almond Milk, I discovered on the week No Frills is now selling Silk 2 for $7.00 which is the old RCSS & Zehrs price. It was not a sale sign but an everyday price sticker so we will see how long it stays at this price.
    Oh, I wish we could find Almond Milk on sale...sometimes RCSS has those tear-pads at their entrances; whenever I see them I grab a bunch. I go through the stuff so quickly.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

Yesterday all of our children were cranky, so I took them in the stroller to the park for an hour. Everyone took a nap when we got home. We went to the local Family Center and big brother had a great time at Scribbles & Scraps. It was his first time going and he made a nice picture for daddy. We stopped by Dollarama for drinking straws and Halloween suckers. We have given our candy at two parades and the local showcase since July, so we have decided not to spend much on Halloween candy this year. We then went to Sobeys to pick up a few things. Two Royale 12ct double roll $4.99 - $3 coup. Kraft Parmesan Cheese $5.99 - $1 coup. 2x Cheetos $3.99 - 50% off AM offer. Green Giant frozen sting beans and carrots $3.79 - 50% off AM offer. Plus another 4L jug of milk because we drink it so fast. I have collected enough Sobeys stickers that I can already redeem for a free pairing knife.
    Last edited by Angela273; Mon, Oct 26th, 2015 at 03:45 PM.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Trading Score
    5 (100%)

I filled my prescriptions at SDM and got the Optimum points, paid for it with my Wal-Mart Mastercard. That way I'm getting two sets of points.

Trading Score
    68 (100%)

I am happy to report I still have not turned on the heat. Everyday I think this is it, but the house warms up nicely when the stove is on so we are going for another day.
    I took advantage of some good PC plus offers today and spent 80.00 on groceries & used 18.00 in coupons & got 14000 PC points. I love it when they all line up.
    the happiest news of all. we are going away over the Christmas holidays. I am not sure how my mom will react when I tell her, but I am pretty excited about it. We are back on the 26th and most years we have had to plan around my brother and his now ex wife so this year I decided we were coming 1st. We will still do stocking and a Christmas meal with the boys once we are home.
    Friends don't let real friends pay full price.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Morning! My neighbour was scraping frost off her car! So glad I parked in the garage last night. I'm not ready for winter wah!
    Was a good girl and brought my coffee, breakfast and lunch to work today. Working through my lunch today to leave early. Tonight will prep/plan meals for the week. Get all laundry put away! Post 10 new items for sale! Sort winter jackets and bring the hat/mitt box upstairs. I think it is time. (pulled a set for DS last week but time to move it all up) Bikes, etc need to be put in the shed still. I think we are done with the for the season.
    And happy to report all the old tile from the entrance/basement project is gone! We separated it in grocery bags so we could put out weekly in the garbage can. Put the last 2 bags in today!

Trading Score
    591 (100%)

I'm not doing much today a load of laundry and tackle some more of the kitchen floor
    http://forum.smartcanucks.ca/411352-...-lists-canada/

Please use my ​Orange key when you open a Tangerine account 41140291S1

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Found my paint on sale for my basement reno!!!! Makes me want to start it now but no I have to stick to my plan! Will wait till after Christmas. But will buy the paint today and start cleaning/decluttering down there so it is ready!

Contradiction in progress sweet sparrow's Avatar
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)

Well, I still have not found the SDM GC. I think I'm in denial. I even went back to the SDM parking lot and checked to see if it might still be there. I checked under the car seats, I tore up the car mat. I even pulled up the mat in the back of the car that covers the spare tire. Nothing.

My mom always says "Pray that it was found by someone who desperately needs it." My brother says "Money will always come back to you, it just might not be in the same form you lost it. It might be a coupon, a discount, a raise. Don't stress out about it." The words of wisdom from those who are older and wiser.....

I'm still coughing through the night and getting little sleep. I had to double dose on the Buckley's (the maximum two teaspoons instead of the minimum single teaspoon) to get through the night. I can't begin to imagine how terrible this stuff would be if there wasn't sugar added. Somehow, the second spoonful is not any easier to get down than the first. I wonder if there's any psychological effect that makes you get better because you don't want to swallow any more. Ugh.

Trading Score
    2 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Frugalbigmama View Post
    Morning! My neighbour was scraping frost off her car! So glad I parked in the garage last night. I'm not ready for winter wah!
    Was a good girl and brought my coffee, breakfast and lunch to work today. Working through my lunch today to leave early. Tonight will prep/plan meals for the week. Get all laundry put away! Post 10 new items for sale! Sort winter jackets and bring the hat/mitt box upstairs. I think it is time. (pulled a set for DS last week but time to move it all up) Bikes, etc need to be put in the shed still. I think we are done with the for the season.
    And happy to report all the old tile from the entrance/basement project is gone! We separated it in grocery bags so we could put out weekly in the garbage can. Put the last 2 bags in today!
    We got snow yesterday

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    25 (100%)

Avon, thoughts are with your family, must be a really difficult time for them.
    Natalka I hope your BIL does well with the chemo, I mentioned before my best friends husband was diagnosed with esophageal cancer about this time last year, unfortunately it had already spread to his lungs and bone.He is coping with the chemo really well and it shrunk the tumor in the esophagus to almost nothing. It isn't a cake walk by any means but he would have few down days and perk up.I hope it goes well for your BIL.

Busy day yesterday, a friend gave us about 10 pounds if beets and I cooked and peeled them all on Sunday and pickled and processed yesterday. A lot of work but so satisfying to see all the jars labeled and lined up on the shelf!!My pressure canner came today so I will be doing a lot of reading on pressure canning and plan to process beef barley soup on the weekend!

Well of to the doctor to get a 24 hour blood pressure monitor hooked up, should be a fun day!!!

Trading Score
    2 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by sweet sparrow View Post
    Well, I still have not found the SDM GC. I think I'm in denial. I even went back to the SDM parking lot and checked to see if it might still be there. I checked under the car seats, I tore up the car mat. I even pulled up the mat in the back of the car that covers the spare tire. Nothing.

My mom always says "Pray that it was found by someone who desperately needs it." My brother says "Money will always come back to you, it just might not be in the same form you lost it. It might be a coupon, a discount, a raise. Don't stress out about it." The words of wisdom from those who are older and wiser.....

I'm still coughing through the night and getting little sleep. I had to double dose on the Buckley's (the maximum two teaspoons instead of the minimum single teaspoon) to get through the night. I can't begin to imagine how terrible this stuff would be if there wasn't sugar added. Somehow, the second spoonful is not any easier to get down than the first. I wonder if there's any psychological effect that makes you get better because you don't want to swallow any more. Ugh.
    Loosing money is always stressful! I hope it turns up.

Trading Score
    591 (100%)

Sweet sparrow sorry to hear you are still coughing i do agree that Buckley's is nasty stuff and sorry to hear also that you didn't find you SDM GC we are always hoping it will show up

Quote Originally Posted by sweet sparrow View Post

http://forum.smartcanucks.ca/411352-...-lists-canada/

Please use my ​Orange key when you open a Tangerine account 41140291S1

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by saundyl View Post
    We got snow yesterday
    Yikes! I still need to order winter tires for my new vehicle!

Trading Score
    17 (100%)

Good afternoon, everyone.

Yesterday was a fun but tiring day. Started with the exercise routine in the morning (is it sad that I'm doing this to try to keep up with the seniors in the 'hood? ). Later I ran out to the grocery store to pick up a few items. Then, my roommate convinced me we should have a picnic on the rooftop patio. On the plus side, I was too tired to do housework.

Today is another fun day. We've already spent the morning playing (priorities!), and tonight I get to go to a reception in my 'hood (my friend wanted someone to talk to in case the event is less than exciting - if it is dull, maybe we can get some tongues awaggin' if I'm J's 'date' ).

Better get a few things done around here, before I go off to socialize. There never seem to be enough hours in the day for the silly little things that need to get done (like refilling the salt shaker, sheesh).

Hope everyone has a wonderful day.

ps I tried to attach some pics, but SC is not on speaking terms with this laptop. In fact, SC wouldn't let me on yesterday at all. Sigh.

For a smile, see our vids: http://www.youtube.com/lilyquincy

Page 40 of 49 FirstFirst ... 30 38 39 40 41 42 ... LastLast

Thread Information