User Tag List

Page 44 of 49 FirstFirst ... 34 42 43 44 45 46 ... LastLast
Like Tree5061Likes

Thread: October 2015 Frugal chatter

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Sobey's Extra Ancaster had a healthy baking with hemp session this afternoon. Several snack/baking samples, brochures, some hemp heart and protein powder samples, a cool video of the factory plus presentation on hemp's benefits and a coupon! Learned about a couple of baking/snack options so I can not chase pop specials as much during the fall/winter. Will get some hemp oil to add to salads and other dishes--magnesium and protein are good things and helpful to keep aches away.

If your local store offers this session, it's $5 to participate. Worth the hour of time. BTW, Manitoba Hemp Hearts are on sale $6.99 this week at Sobey's (ON). Goodness Me has a coupon offer via today's newsletter for $5.97 if you are a newsletter subscriber.

Found a Monopoly cup with another Halifax airport piece and a St. Catherines st. piece. Guess where the cup was? In with the leaves around a catch basin!
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by jasperandchar View Post
    I have a head cold, if I start to sneeze or cough I need to notify the hospital and my surgery will need to be rescheduled.

Dh is picking up some hydrasense on his way home.

Does anyone have a quick fix remedy....please????? ginger etc???
    Eat garlic (raw) with dinner or maybe get some roasted to spread on toast or bread. Have a ginger tea before bed.
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Frugalbigmama View Post
    My teen has a great sense of humour. (But can be a moody teen too- Darn puberty!!)
    Anyway I arranged for him to get a ride to work today for 4. 2 mins to 4 he calls me to say he messed up and doesn't work till 5. I said sorry, ask if someone wants to leave early? or just tough it out and lesson learned to confirm the schedule. He says he will hang out there. So I text him telling him to go across the street to Tim Hortons for free Wi-Fi and finish his homework. He texts me back saying " I hacks wifi here" So I reply " Should I be proud? Ok then finish it and be done with it " He then replys "Have* not hacked lol "

Darn texting lol
    Oh, that is SO cute!

J&c, I second having garlic!

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

Hope everyone had a good day ,Rain ,wind and cold today here.
    The goal is to live day by day not to much thinking hahaha !!!!
    I love to save money!!! Frugal life hahaah !!!

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

Wishing everyone a good evening!!!!

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

I have fresh ginger steeped in hot water, with a tbsp. of honey, a sprinkle of cayenne and a squirt of lemon....I felt much better for about 1 hour then dh showed up with the Hydrasense....jeepers that stuff makes me sick
    2019 is the year that we continue to save before we buy!!!

Contradiction in progress sweet sparrow's Avatar
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)

not to bring anyone down or discourage giving to children but Samiritan's purse employee (the president) made FORBEs I know this not unheard of when it comes to charities, etc especially when they are profitable and not non-profit BUT I thought people might find this interesting (the article is a few years old so he probably got a raise or 2 along the way).

http://www.forbes.com/lists/2010/14/...se_CH0145.html

http://www.charityintelligence.ca/ch...s-purse-canada
    @jasperandchar : Thank you. I do find those charts interesting and the numbers are really staggering. Jamie Oliver was on a talk show and the host said it was reported that he had several millions. JO replied "That's great, where is it?" because he had invested it in more of his projects and more restaurants to teach underprivileged youth.

The Forbes list from 2010 lists top pay at $616,665, including benefits. The Charity Intelligence website lists that the highest salary as less than $250,000. I'm not really sure how those charts work, or what the benefits include. Maybe a few small planes for the business? I've come to think that those "gross pay" statements might not be net pay. I don't know anyone on the Forbes list, so I really can't say one way or the other. If I ever meet Mr. Graham, I'll ask him.

Quote Originally Posted by Frugalbigmama View Post
    Just purchased 6 cans of paint! So the basement and diningroom are being re-painted! I may go back for 2 more for my bedroom. It is a chocolate brown and I love it but if I decide to sell and move next year it should be painted a lighter colour. Decisions!
    @Frugalbigmama : I think Ciel is right. You said "if" you decide to move. That means if you don't move, you'll be stuck with second best, staring you in the face, night in and night out. Keep the chocolate and enjoy the colour. It's not like paint doesn't go for 50% off each year.

I have fresh ginger steeped in hot water, with a tbsp. of honey, a sprinkle of cayenne and a squirt of lemon....I felt much better for about 1 hour then dh showed up with the Hydrasense....jeepers that stuff makes me sick
    @jasperandchar : I hope you feel better! My cold has hung around for two weeks and I'm done with it. The past two nights have been so painful. I've coughed so hard, I've given myself a headache. LO tells Daddy that Mommy isn't coughing, she's choking! Oh dear....

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Yeah it's Thursday finally! Tonight I hope to get things done that I didn't get done all week lol Hockey the next 2 days so will be on the go. Treating my little one to lunch today (delivered to school) Why? because I can
    I see blue sky and sun! It was miserable this morning even the dog didn't want to go outside, what a change.

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

Wishing everyone a great day, I'll hopefully be back on sc tonight or tomorrow. We're leaving in an hour for my surgery.

I get more nervous about the iv than I do the surgery itself. They usually gas me to sleep then to the iv but not this time as it's a new person. So I need to apply a numbing lotion 1/2 hour prior to arrival and will be given a sedative. My veins are so small they really don't appear so I rather they poke me while I'm out. The lady said if after 3 pokes they can't do it she will gas me....fingers crossed this numbing stuff and sedative work and I really don't care what they do (haha).

chat later
    Natalka, Crochetlady, Ciel and 4 others like this.
    2019 is the year that we continue to save before we buy!!!

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Good luck!!!

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

good luck jasper with the surgery

-may hang a load out so windy it may just blow away -day 2 of not shopping -no car today its in hubby's work yard -they needed him to do a pickup -oh well I may clean and work on my puzzle

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    25 (100%)

Good luck Nancy, the numbing cream works well, My daughter has to use it, she is freakishly afraid of needles.
    Freezing rain and cold here today so it is a get caught up around the house kind of day. Pulling out my appliances and giving everything a good vacuum. I want to haul out the totes of year round Christmas shopping to organize so I don't over shop this year. A very expensive week here for vehicles, my teenager and my college student daughter were both informed they needed new brakes on their vehicles yesterday when they got their winter tires done. My daughter travels 45 minutes to college everyday so it is a must and my son is an avid snowboarder and can't have sketchy brakes for the mountains.They both work part time but we will be helping with the cost.
    Enjoy the day everyone!!

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Good Luck Nancy

Page 44 of 49 FirstFirst ... 34 42 43 44 45 46 ... LastLast

Thread Information