User Tag List

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Like Tree213Likes

Thread: Call-back from my mammogram on Friday....eeek?

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Hi....soooo, I just got a call-back from the breast-screening clinic here from my mammogram on Friday and i'm feeling a little icky right now. The gal said that in most cases this means nothing at all, but still...I'm a little freaked out, particularly since the left side of my left breast was sooo painful when she took the flick. I mean, tears in my eye hurting! In the past, yes, uncomfortable, no big deal, but nothing like this pain at all!

I feel just a little scared right now.....
    This thread is currently associated with: N/A

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

My God! I hope everything is alright and there is nothing to worry about. Praying for you, Lynn!
    Let us know as soon as you get the results. Everything will be fine, you'll see!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    51 (100%)

I know what you are going through. Hopefully they are right and it is nothing. If not, hopefully it was found in time. Thinking of you.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Thank you, Amira, Cake..it's just a little freaky to receive that call; I think I was numb while listening to the instructions. I just felt the spot and it's still painful...jeepers, I may be in for some kind of adventure, huh?

Trading Score
    18 (100%)

Hi Lynn,
    First sending you lots of positive vibes and prayers. Second try not to panic!
    This happened to my mom and MIL, they were both called back bc the DR saw something on the image and just wanted to make sure/double check and in my MIL case the mammogram taken wasn't the greatest and the DR wanted a better one. In both cases it was all ok after the second test.
    I know we always go to the worst possible case, but try not to worry yourself.

Hugs

Trading Score
    7 (100%)

@Lynne49, in the past, did they not give you a call back? Did you have to wait until your next doctor's appointment? Was it done at an Ontario Breast Screening centre/clinic - if so, I think they have a different protocol for call backs than regular.

And yes, the lady calling can't really give you much details.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Shwa Girl View Post
    @Lynne49, in the past, did they not give you a call back? Did you have to wait until your next doctor's appointment? Was it done at an Ontario Breast Screening centre/clinic - if so, I think they have a different protocol for call backs than regular.

And yes, the lady calling can't really give you much details.
    Hon, yes, it was done at an Ontario centre, and my call-back mammogram is on the 4th...Yes, I know they can't give details or say anything...wish they could, and if I didn't have that horrible localized pain I probably wouldn't worry as much. Thanks, Hon...it's a wait-and-see game, isn't it?

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

ok @Lynn49 breathe! I understand and would also be nervous getting that call back. However, most people know someone or they themselves have been rechecked and it turns out to be nothing, so I am so glad that they are rechecking it.

I delayed getting my very first screening, ( fear of the unknown) but now I am grateful we have early detection available.
    Will keep the positive vibe engine running for you!!

babies teach us acceptance

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

I totally second what Vee said - I know you'll worry yourself silly until next week - but I'd like you to dial that down to concerned apprehension rather than scared...

Big hugs for you!

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Natalka View Post
    I totally second what Vee said - I know you'll worry yourself silly until next week - but I'd like you to dial that down to concerned apprehension rather than scared...

Big hugs for you!
    Okay, Natalka; dialed down to concerned apprehension, done. Feels better, already...

Walkonby, glad you finally took the plunge and got a screening done; it's certainly not pleasant, but not unbearable, either. Good for you. Otoh, what has always been just 'uncomfortable' was quite unbearably painful on one side this time which is why I'm remaining apprehensively concerned...But whatever happens, whatever it is, whatever I have to face, I'll do it. I'm kind-of a tough cookie that way.

Thanks everyone....scared, but cautiously optimistic...

Luv Saving People Money MortgageQueen's Avatar
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I'm sorry to hear about your worry Lynn. I guess it's great to have good care and testing, but not so great when you have to WAIT for answers! Ugh! I totally feel for you.
    Better to know either way of course, which I know doesn't help much at the moment.

As far as that pain is concerned, it could just be bruising. Those machines are
    n a s t y. So wonder our breasts don't come out like pancakes after the test!!
    Thinking of you with very best wishes!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    25 (100%)

Hey Lynn, I hope this will make you feel better.
    I have been called back twice, actually my doctor told me when I had my first one at 40 to not freak out if there was a call back, they are common. The first time the radiologist just needed a clearer picture. The second time it was because as we age our breast density changes and differs from the original baseline you originally had done and they just do another one as a precaution.
    Sending good thoughts your way.

Trading Score
    68 (100%)

Lynn: Prayers and postive vibes sending your way. I too have been called back and the panic I felt was brutal. I have a family history and I am the age now my mom was at diagnosis so it was a precaution and it was all clear. As for the pain it was worse this yr and the technician felt it was because of new equipment but owie.
    Friends don't let real friends pay full price.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    36 (100%)

Sending you good thoughts and prayers Lynn! Big hugs.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Lynn, I have two close friends whom have had similar tests and call backs. Both of them ended up being fine. Thinking of you and all the best.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information