User Tag List

Page 24 of 49 FirstFirst ... 14 22 23 24 25 26 34 ... LastLast
Like Tree3103Likes

Thread: Dear 2016: I promise to do better this year! To get healthier! Let the games begin!!!

Trading Score
    99 (100%)

Thanks harbie. I try to re remember that you CAN lose inches when the scale isn't moving, as well, as long as I'm feeling good I know something good is happening. I mean what can be bad about eating right? I'm glad you're feeling better with your changes, that means it's working! And that's awesome.
    I must remember.
    Name:  Motivational-Fitness-Workout-Quotes-46.jpg
Views: 192
Size:  48.4 KB

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

you gals that are working out with fantastic cardio and walking....I am so jealous!! My weight is coming off only through the dietary changes I have made but I can't wait to start to feel like I can move with vim and vigor again!!
    Lets knock week 3 out of the park!! ( or is this week 4? lol I forget )

babies teach us acceptance

Trading Score
    27 (100%)

Morning Everyone!

Looking forward to the week ahead. I haven't moved the scale yet, but I'm feeling more energy from getting into the gym which is great. My work team had our late Christmas get together on Thursday, we went to play pool at a local spot... I enjoyed some appetizers that were definitely not in my meal plan, but I'm getting back on track after the weekend here.

Hope everyone has a wonderful Monday!!
    harbie, Lynn49, walkonby and 2 others like this.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by walkonby View Post
    you gals that are working out with fantastic cardio and walking....I am so jealous!! My weight is coming off only through the dietary changes I have made but I can't wait to start to feel like I can move with vim and vigor again!!
    Lets knock week 3 out of the park!! ( or is this week 4? lol I forget )
    Walkonby, I'm like you, as you know, maybe worse because my exercise consists of walking around the house. Not literally, that would take me outside, where I don't go..just normal doing nothing, really. Much resting, waiting for Spring, and I'm down about 15 lbs in the last 3-4(?) weeks.
    I can't wait to be able to walk outside again, confident that I won't slip and fall; I know Jenny will love that!

Keep up the great work, everyone!!

Trading Score
    203 (100%)

I had to go to my pre admin for my surgery today. All in all it was a postive experience. I'm still scared but they were so calm and caring so that helped a lot. I got a few questions answered that were nagging me and I had to have more blood drawn . 3 viles later I was done (she was the best at taking my blood that I've had in years! Barley felt anything including changing the viles). Unfortunately I am scheduled to stay overnight which I was hoping I wouldn't have to which sucks BUT now for the positively wonderful part. I had to be weighed again....... I'm down 5 lbs!!!!!! I don't have a scale and I'm not "calorie counting" so while I felt I'd lost I wasn't sure. I had to ask her to double check it because I thought I was seeing things . All this since my first weigh in on December 23 (although I didn't really start my changes like walking until January 1). I'm excited to see its working and it only motivates me to work or rather walk harder!!! 2 more weeks before surgery and I'm going stronger and harder than ever!

Love and hugs to everyone in this thread for your positive thinking and words of encouragement that help keep me going and others too! You ladies rock! Keep kicking butt!!!!!!!!!

Trading Score
    203 (100%)

I'm getting things prepped at home for my surgery which includes meal prep for DH and myself after I get home so I could use some help. I'd like to make some things that freeze well so DH can just pull it out of the freezer and heat but I'd really like them to be healthy and higher in fibre (especially important after surgery because of things like the pain meds and less physical activity). Low gassy type foods would best Anyone have any suggestions?

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

We made pulled pork last evening for dinner and used a bottled 'light' bbq sauce which was okay, but I looked up a home-made version which is WW friendly and found this one; thought I'd share it with everyone since the pork loin is on such a good price at FB. Hubby cut it into 3rds, and we slow-cooked 1/3 of it yesterday and having it again today! For $10, we'll have 6 meals plus sides!

• 1/3 cup ketchup
      1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
      1 tablespoon distilled white vinegar (I use apple cider vinegar)
      2 teaspoons vegetable oil
      2 teaspoons dark brown sugar, packed (of course, I'd use my Splenda no-cal brown sugar )
      3/4 teaspoon dry mustard
      1/8 teaspoon salt
      1 dash ground red pepper
      1 dash black pepper (to taste)

Directions

In a small saucepan combine all ingredients and, over high heat, bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low and let simmer, stirring frequently, until flavors are well blended, 5 to 10 minutes.

Number of Servings: 4 , 1 pp serving

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by harbie View Post
    I'm getting things prepped at home for my surgery which includes meal prep for DH and myself after I get home so I could use some help. I'd like to make some things that freeze well so DH can just pull it out of the freezer and heat but I'd really like them to be healthy and higher in fibre (especially important after surgery because of things like the pain meds and less physical activity). Low gassy type foods would best Anyone have any suggestions?
    Well, one thing I thought of, Harbie, would be sloppy joes, since I just posted a low-cal bbq sauce; use ground turkey or chicken if you want to cut even more calories or half beef, half chicken. Saute the meat until no longer pink; in another pan, saute onions, peppers, add the bbq sauce, mix together and freeze. You can make sloppy joes with buns or heap it onto those skinny bun things.

Chili freezes beautifully, you can make a low-cal version.

Marinate meats and freeze; just have to make the sides while plunking the meat into a slow cooker is so easy!

Oh! I found a site that may help you:
    http://www.skinnymom.com/13-popular-...0-calories/#/1

When is your surgery scheduled for, Harbie?

And speaking as the expert on pain medication after surgery, buy some Soflax and take a capsule every night; no constipation from the tylenol-type meds!! You don't have to go running to the bathroom in the mornings...it just keeps everything nice and soft...tmi??

Trading Score
    203 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Lynn49 View Post
    When is your surgery scheduled for, Harbie?

And speaking as the expert on pain medication after surgery, buy some Soflax and take a capsule every night; no constipation from the tylenol-type meds!! You don't have to go running to the bathroom in the mornings...it just keeps everything nice and soft...tmi??
    Thanks for the recipe Lynn. I'm going to making them with the ground turkey I have.

I go in February 5th in the morning.

Thanks for the after surgery tip and no it's not tmi

Trading Score
    203 (100%)

Did 8km walk today. I think I'm going to slow it down a touch for tomorrow since I'm working Wednesday and my hamster-rings (that's what I call hamstrings )are hurtin a bit today and my backs tightening up. Plus I have a good day of cleaning at home to do .

Tonight I made cauliflower pizza. I have to say I actually really liked it. I think I'd like to try it on an actual pizza stone to see if I can get it more crisp in the centre. If I can get the inside like the outer edges it would be 100% perfect! Regardless it tasted really good and I'll be making it again for sure!

Name:  image.jpg
Views: 108
Size:  167.4 KB

Trading Score
    203 (100%)

I started the day off with a bowl of oatmeal (which I've always hated and gagged to get it down). I figured I should be eating other things instead of jusice smoothies for breakfast and decided to make this Indian inspired one. I omitted the saffron and used dry cranberries instead of raisins and used about a tablespoon of coffee cream in the end to make it creamy. I also cooked in on the stove rather than the microwave. It was surprisingly yummy! I know it's super good for me and my dad eats it almost every day of his life and he's 75 and after his colonoscopy a few years back they said he had the inners of a healthy 20 year old! He also just soaks the raw oats in milk and adds fresh fruit in the summer but I'll work up to that

Name:  image.jpg
Views: 120
Size:  95.3 KB

It's POURING today and I have a zillion errands to run but I may just do a drop in at the gym today. They say it's supposed to rain all week with a few breaks so I might walk during e beaks or maybe just suck it up and get a few passes to the gym and stay dry. We'll see.

Have a great day everyone

Coupon Princess sheetsofemptycanvas's Avatar
    Trading Score
    330 (99%)

Just popping in to say hi!!! I kind of fell of the wagon... hard Why do I always lose my motivation after a week or two?????
    harbie, Lynn49, walkonby and 1 others like this.
    Soft kitty, warm kitty, little ball of fur... happy kitty, sleepy kitty, purr purr purr

Trading Score
    203 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by sheetsofemptycanvas View Post
    Just popping in to say hi!!! I kind of fell of the wagon... hard Why do I always lose my motivation after a week or two?????
    It happens but what's more important is getting back on the horse and start again. I'm not sure what kind of lifestyle change with regards to food you're doing but for me I'm not restricting myself. I'm the type of person that can't say "I'm not going to eat this or that". I need to eat in balance. I eat and exercise(meaning walking lots and on hills and fast) 6 days and on the 7th day I allow myself a cheat day. I don't do a total binge but I do allow myself something's that I wouldn't eat during the week and in moderation.

Just stay in a positive mindset and keep moving forward. Today is a new day

Trading Score
    203 (100%)

So what's everyone up to? It's really quiet here...........

Another day another oatmeal breakfast. This is huge for me since I've always hated it. Guess you just have to suck it up and do it cause it's healthy. Seriously though it actually tastes really good with the Indian flare.

I'm running some errands today but also will be walking when the rain breaks today(fingers crossed).

Hoping everyone's having a great day

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Good morning, everyone!!

Sorry, Harbie, not sure why I wasn't on here....ooh...I was on the computer, but mainly looking for a knitting pattern for a baby blanket that's not boring to knit; our niece is having a baby girl, so I want to do the blanket in shades of light pink, light sage and ivory (I think!). Not bubble-gum girlie pink, iykwim..

I'm a bit ticked at my almost no weight loss this past week; quite discouraging, really, but I will persevere against all odds, it HAS to move downward sooner or later! This happens to me every now and then but I do end up losing after a while. It's just glitchy that way.

Harbie, I swoon for oatmeal breakfasts! LOL!!! That one looks scrumptious! Not sure about the spices, though...have you ever tried "overnight oatmeal' in a crockpot? I've been tempted, but it's just me eating it, so it's not worth making a whole whack of the stuff, although I have heard you can make oatmeal pancakes from it later.

As for cauliflower crust, too funny, I was just talking to my Hubby about that! I've read a few recipes and some gals suggested partially baking the crust before-hand to get the top crispy, then layering on the stuff to heat through...would that work for you?

Tonight is "spaghetti" and meatballs...spaghetti squash, that is, and salsa. This is one of my favourite dinners.

Well...must continue to get ready for painting class this afternoon; it's such a yucky day, 0 degrees, but sort-of snowy. It should be a jammies and book day.

Sheetsofemptycanvas, it happens to all of us. The thing I have to ask myself when I'm starting out and getting bored/frustrated/feeling sorry for myself, is to ask myself where I want to be this spring?? Fat and out of shape, or feeling healthy and looking good?! If I want it BADLY enough, I'm determined to get there. If not, then I get what I pay for, so to speak. Hop back onto that wagon if you want to stick to a goal you have in mind for yourself!

Toodles everyone!!
    harbie, walkonby and SassyAshley like this.

Page 24 of 49 FirstFirst ... 14 22 23 24 25 26 34 ... LastLast

Thread Information