User Tag List

Page 8 of 49 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 18 ... LastLast
Like Tree3103Likes

Thread: Dear 2016: I promise to do better this year! To get healthier! Let the games begin!!!

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by thriftygranny View Post
    Nutters and one Sobey's store here carries shiratake miracle noodles, they have also come out with spinach ones which I am hoping to find!! You can order them online so if I have a hard time finding them I just may!!
    oh I tried eating those last summer I think? ( perhaps the summer before? lol ) no memory. They were tasty enough for me but no one else here would swap their pasta or regular noodles for them, so......Anyways them rinsing over and over is a must! It really reduces that awful smell.

babies teach us acceptance

Trading Score
    203 (100%)

Thank you so much Lynn49

Coupon Princess sheetsofemptycanvas's Avatar
    Trading Score
    330 (99%)

@harbie , welcome! Good for you for making changes I'm sorry you had to go through what you did and I wish you luck with everything!!

Well, doesn't look like a good day for me... started getting a sore throat yesterday and now I"m all swollen and sore I'm prone to Strep so it's off to the Dr. for me this morning. Can't go to work because it's highly contagious and I work with seniors UGH!!!!
    Soft kitty, warm kitty, little ball of fur... happy kitty, sleepy kitty, purr purr purr

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by sheetsofemptycanvas View Post
    @harbie, welcome! Good for you for making changes I'm sorry you had to go through what you did and I wish you luck with everything!!

Well, doesn't look like a good day for me... started getting a sore throat yesterday and now I"m all swollen and sore I'm prone to Strep so it's off to the Dr. for me this morning. Can't go to work because it's highly contagious and I work with seniors UGH!!!!
    Ugh. Those ugly roadblocks that at least for me personally, gives me permission to be "good" to myself and give myself permission to go back to eating comfort foods. I hope you can get through this while sticking to your resolve, Hon. Are there sugar-free lozenges? Warm broth, tea, wrap up, snuggle down and hey! by not eating, you may lose weight!
    Seriously, take good care and get well soon.

Trading Score
    330 (99%)

Quote Originally Posted by Lynn49 View Post
    Ugh. Those ugly roadblocks that at least for me personally, gives me permission to be "good" to myself and give myself permission to go back to eating comfort foods. I hope you can get through this while sticking to your resolve, Hon. Are there sugar-free lozenges? Warm broth, tea, wrap up, snuggle down and hey! by not eating, you may lose weight!
    Seriously, take good care and get well soon.
    I went and had a throat swab done, should get the results this afternoon or tomorrow morning. I've actually feeling a little better after a long nap so *maybe* it's not strep!!!

Tea with lemon has been my drink of choice today and I did manage to eat a banana earlier so, all in all, not a bad start to the day!
    Soft kitty, warm kitty, little ball of fur... happy kitty, sleepy kitty, purr purr purr

Trading Score
    330 (99%)

Here's a question for my fellow losers... how do you handle eating out? What are some of your go to restaurant meals? Is there ANYTHING healthy at Tim Hortons?

I ask because I have a potential "date" (it's with a guy friend, we've been friends for years) and he wants to take me to a fancy restaurant... I don't want to screw up my progress but I want to indulge a little!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    25 (100%)

Sheets just order what you want!!! We very rarely eat out so I feel treating yourself is just fine, just go easy on the salt and carbs, if you have pasta don't have bread with it etc. Enjoy the dinner out!!!

I am trying a pork tenderloin recipe today, rubbed them with lemon and oregano and will brown and bake, the au jus is made by reducing lemon juice and chicken broth, serving with brown quinoa and Greek salad. Yum!! tomorrow I am making stuffed portabellos with quinoa hot Italian chicken sausage and spinach, tomatoes and a touch of Parmesan. I find if I keep the menu interesting the whole family stays on track with me.
    Angela273, Lynn49, lecale and 3 others like this.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by sheetsofemptycanvas View Post
    Here's a question for my fellow losers... how do you handle eating out? What are some of your go to restaurant meals? Is there ANYTHING healthy at Tim Hortons?

I ask because I have a potential "date" (it's with a guy friend, we've been friends for years) and he wants to take me to a fancy restaurant... I don't want to screw up my progress but I want to indulge a little!
    Sheets, I hope it's not strep and that you'll be right back to normal soon!

As for good restaurants, I just stay away from pasta dishes: loaded with carbs and you'll feel bloated and hate yourself in the morning. At least I would..
    A protein...steak or fish, grilled or baked chicken, and load up with veggies...I usually ask to replace the baked potato or whatever with just more veggies and they've always complied. If you get a salad, ask for dressing on the side...our DD does this all the time, but I can't eat much in the way of salads, so I skip that. Start with a soup, not anything loaded with grease or breading...really, eating out isn't much different from cooking at home...you know what's high in calories and what's not, just go with it and don't make a big deal at the restaurant about your diet...makes everyone feel guilty! LOL!!!

Good luck and remember: if you behave yourself as best you can, you're going to be so proud of yourself in the morning instead of self-loathing...which is me when I go off track: it's just not worth it!!

Enjoy!!

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by thriftygranny View Post
    Sheets just order what you want!!! We very rarely eat out so I feel treating yourself is just fine, just go easy on the salt and carbs, if you have pasta don't have bread with it etc. Enjoy the dinner out!!!

I am trying a pork tenderloin recipe today, rubbed them with lemon and oregano and will brown and bake, the au jus is made by reducing lemon juice and chicken broth, serving with brown quinoa and Greek salad. Yum!! tomorrow I am making stuffed portabellos with quinoa hot Italian chicken sausage and spinach, tomatoes and a touch of Parmesan. I find if I keep the menu interesting the whole family stays on track with me.
    TG, pork tenderloin is a staple around here; we love the stuff. It's so lean and takes just about any flavour you can think of. I did a glaze a while back using 3T each of light soy sauce, balsamic vinegar and Splenda brown sugar and slow cooked in my crockpot. What a keeper!!!

Also love portobellos; I've even used them in place of a burger patty in my burgers. Love 'em!
    Stuffed green peppers is also something we love...stuffed with lean ground beef and finely diced celery, carrots, mushrooms, garlic, salt, pepper and drizzled with a marinara sauce, dusted with grated parmessan...baked and it's sure doesn't come across as diet food but they're very low in calories.

We did make our shepherd's pie yesterday: seasoned lean ground beef, topped with a drained can of mixed veggies, salsa and topped off with heated, mashed cauliflower mixed with some low fat cottage cheese. Leftovers tonight and we love the stuff and do not miss the mashed potatoes one single bit!

Trading Score
    99 (100%)

Awesome job Lynn. Wahoo! Did your scale pop up with this at you? Because it really should have.
    Name:  images.jpg
Views: 90
Size:  8.2 KB

Trading Score
    330 (99%)

Feeling a little better this morning! Breakfast is 1% cottage cheese with raspberries and bananas... cottage cheese has always been a favorite of mine, even when I wasn't "dieting"

What's on the menu for everyone today?
    TaraF, Angela273, Lynn49 and 2 others like this.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Hang on, Sheets, lol...up waaaaay too early with Grandson here!

But I do agree with you about cottage cheese...love the stuff! Did I mention that I also like it spread onto legal toast and topped with fruit or just cinnamon and nuked a bit? I mix it with diced cantaloupe, too...low points and yummy!

Shoot, I joined WW here again. For a total of about $75, for a month membership, I also bought the best tool, their food points calculator. It looks lIke a mini calculator, but just asks for the grams of sugar, etc in a food, and poof, you get its points! I am going to love having it at a grocery store!! So easy to check if I want to buy that box of crackers or not!

Time to make breakfast for the little guy! Pyjama day at school today...good thing it's mild!
    Last edited by Lynn49; Fri, Jan 8th, 2016 at 07:31 AM.

Trading Score
    68 (100%)

Lynn: I have WW online so the calculator is on my phone, it has stopped me more than once in the grocery store. Focussing on sugar is pretty eye opening.
    Friends don't let real friends pay full price.

Trading Score
    67 (100%)

Happy Friday everyone! Happy to report that I'm already down 7 lbs and I'm feeling great!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    TaraF, Angela273, Lynn49 and 3 others like this.

Curious what all the hype is about SWAGBUCKS? It's the b
    est online program ever! Send me a message if you have any questions or want to learn more.
    Join here:
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/kylesmamma

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by lilo0003 View Post
    Lynn: I have WW online so the calculator is on my phone, it has stopped me more than once in the grocery store. Focussing on sugar is pretty eye opening.
    Lilo, so great if you can use those new-fangled gadgets, lol...I can just phone and text..
    I did have an iphone up until last week when I shook out a tablecoth with the phone in it...yep. Done.

And you're so right: the new focus on sugar is different for WW calculations, not what I'd been tracking at any other time. I really don't eat much with sugar, can't think of anything but like you said: once you start tracking that may reveal some nasty numbers!

I noticed a few ads for fresh blueberries, so we'll pick some up; love it in my oatmeal, mixed with cottage cheese.

Breakfast this morning...not sure, yet. I'll use my new handy-dandy calculator with the new points system and figure it out....for now...another coffee..

Page 8 of 49 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 18 ... LastLast

Thread Information