User Tag List

Page 6 of 34 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 16 ... LastLast
Like Tree3260Likes

Thread: February 2016 Frugal chatter thread - All Welcome!!!

Trading Score
    65 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by jasperandchar View Post
    Sounds like you got a lot for your money, stocked up and lots of good sales so all in all it balances out but shocking when you are not expecting that amount none the less.

Kind of the friend's lady friend to drive you BUT maybe her paying the bill was an exchange of sorts for having someone to listen. good luck

Great news about your kidneys must be a relief.
    Was very happy about the kidneys. I#m back to my 6 month schedule again.

I told her Doug didn#t put out any money...he used our car. I get that she didn#t want to do that but that is why I wanted to pay her gas. I also paid for lunch most of the time except when he outsmarted me. She finally said we can take her to AnnaMae#s for supper but I just don#t want to get into that kind of relationship with her. Everything is all about her and after being around her for an hour my head feels like it will explode. Told hubby last night that I haven#t had a hand on my knee as often in the last 20 years as I did yesterday. I AM NOT a touchy feely type person...feels like my personal space is being invaded.

Trading Score
    65 (100%)

Originally Posted by SassyAshley
    Well she surprised me, she cleaned the bathroom and took out recycling so I took out the garbage.

Good to hear she stepped up. Makes you feel more like doing things if you don#t have to do everything yourself.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

Granger, if I remember correctly one of your daughters has celiac disease. I just found this article regarding a variety of tax deductions that people may be overlooking and it included the additional cost of GF products. There may be other tips valuable to other SCers.
    http://globalnews.ca/news/2494875/6-...c359754368b2ec
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Morning! Boy this week is going by slowly! So happy we are hockey free this weekend (playoffs start next week) So hope to get some much needed housework and organizing done.
    My sister sent me a bunch of cards with "surprises" in them. She feels guilty for taking our mother away South for a few months and leaving me with no extra help when needed lol. I opened a few the past few days- she goes overboard- $100 in GC's for gas. $40 for Tim Hortons, Cash for Life tickets, Lotto 649 tickets, $50 for RCSS, $50 for Kelseys. OMG- She is totally spoiling us!!

Trading Score
    2 (100%)

Morning all.

In to work early for me. The painter is supposed to be here but is not. Off tomorrow for the weekend. We are going to a hockey tournament in yellowknife.

After fighting with ab ipad screen multiple times (3screens ipad so far - 1 dud, 1 the glue dudnt adhere properly so it cracked and the 3rd right now ) ive decided that what i make off fixing them is not worth the frustration.

Ive also found out ive been approved to do transcription at a business in town so placed my order for the foot pedal and software.

Ive opted not to renew my notary public appointment at this time. I still have a month to change my mind. But where i work i cannot charge a fee for it and i can not list that employer on the application because they dont notarize any longer there. So i do not think people could find me easily. (Esp when i dont have a land line under my name)

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk
    Last edited by saundyl; Thu, Feb 4th, 2016 at 10:07 AM.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

well my friend -(my mom's home care worker ) who stayed friends with me after she passed is coming over for a tea inbetween clients -she said she had a little something for me but forgot it at home
    -so I quickly put together a small gift bag -upper Canada hand lotion 2.99, pair of secret socks 2.00 candle gifted to daughter but she didn't want it gave it to me so I regifted and one of my mom's homemade crocheted dish cloths -I only have 2 left so she will get one and one left for me

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Everyone see the mutltiple Kit kat pc points offers? I don't need the chocolate but it can basically work out pretty much free. Think I may check out the deal and take the chocolate bars to our next hockey tournament out of town Then DS can share with his team mates.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Yeah-we have another energy provider in town. Atco gas is offering $100 sign up bonus, $50 annual retention bonus, lower rates and lower admin fees so DH just switched our gas and electricity over!

Contradiction in progress sweet sparrow's Avatar
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Frugalbigmama View Post
    Everyone see the mutltiple Kit kat pc points offers?
    Shhh! I'm trying to ignore it.

I thought someone in the PC thread mentioned that she didn't get the multiple and just one?

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by sweet sparrow View Post
    Shhh! I'm trying to ignore it.

I thought someone in the PC thread mentioned that she didn't get the multiple and just one?
    Depends on your personal offers. Some people received multiple offers

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

checked online to see what the Community Centre Pool rates were and had my $2.00 tucked in my bag, but just walked in and no one asked me for any money! Free Swim!

babies teach us acceptance

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Frugalbigmama View Post
    Everyone see the mutltiple Kit kat pc points offers? I don't need the chocolate but it can basically work out pretty much free. Think I may check out the deal and take the chocolate bars to our next hockey tournament out of town Then DS can share with his team mates.
    I just checked my offers and are these what you are referring to?

2000 points for every $5 spent on kit kat and delissio pizza (offer 1)
    40 – 246 g or 340 - 889 g
    For every $5 spent on the item(s) indicated before applicable taxes and after all other coupons, discounts and PC point redemptions are deducted, in a single transaction at any participating store location, you will earn the points indicated. Product availability may vary by store. We are not obligated to award points based on errors or misprints. Minimum redemption 20,000 points. See terms & conditions for redemption restrictions.

3000 points for every $10 spent on kit kat or Pepsi (offer 2)
    40 - 246 g, 591 mL, 6 X 710 mL, 4 x 355 mL, 1 - 2 L. Excludes Pepsi Cans

For every $10 spent on the item(s) indicated before applicable taxes and after all other coupons, discounts and PC point redemptions are deducted, in a single transaction at any participating store location, you will earn the points indicated. Product availability may vary by store. We are not obligated to award points based on errors or misprints. Minimum redemption 20,000 points. See terms & conditions for redemption restrictions.

AND I'm thinking you need to buy the pizza and kit kat together NOT either OR AS IT SAYS Kit Kat and Delissio (offer 1) whereas offer 2 says kit kat or Pepsi (so you can choose which to purchase)

OR DO YOU HAVE A DIFFERENT OFFER???
    Last edited by jasperandchar; Thu, Feb 4th, 2016 at 02:36 PM.
    2019 is the year that we continue to save before we buy!!!

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Yes I have those ones as well some have pts on candy and it worked. No, you do not have to buy the pizzas. I did just Kit kat and got the points.

Contradiction in progress sweet sparrow's Avatar
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)

@jasperandchar : You can check this thread:

http://forum.smartcanucks.ca/413350-...a/#post6556921

Feels like the Cadbury chocolate deal from SDM all over again.... Or the free Oh Henrys and Reese Peanut butter cups at WM. I think I managed to walk away with eating one or two bars and all the chocolate from WM, but you guys are tempting me.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by sweet sparrow View Post
    @jasperandchar : You can check this thread:

http://forum.smartcanucks.ca/413350-...a/#post6556921

Feels like the Cadbury chocolate deal from SDM all over again.... Or the free Oh Henrys and Reese Peanut butter cups at WM. I think I managed to walk away with eating one or two bars and all the chocolate from WM, but you guys are tempting me.
    Oh yes I remember the Cadbury deal! We ended up using the bars to make chocolate covered strawberries for a party we had and they were a big hit! ( FOOD BASICS had the 1lb strawberries on for $1 each and I bought 12. With free chocolate it made an amazing fancy treat!)

Page 6 of 34 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 16 ... LastLast

Thread Information