User Tag List

Page 8 of 30 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 18 ... LastLast
Like Tree2324Likes

Thread: April Frugal Chatter 2016

Trading Score
    65 (100%)

@Andit So sorry to hear about your mom.

I went with my sister to AnnaMaes on Mon. Had lunch there then went grocery shopping at FB and Zehrs. Was able to pick up some Glucerna on sale and redeemed PC Plus points for them so got 8 cases free. I drink 1 at bedtime to keep my blood sugar levels from going too low at night.
    I was so worn out that I spent yesterday recuperating.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Finally got around to posting stuff for sale last night. 3 sales today- $29 total so far.
    A few pick ups scheduled for tomorrow and Friday. I am motivated to post more tonight! (While doing laundry! #1 tonight- Wash/dry and put away. ALL of it!)

Trading Score
    184 (100%)

We are chilling at the hotel in London so we can get to DH's appointment early in the morning without worrying about the drive.
    Had a great fish and chips meal at a local restaurant and it's senior' s Day on Wednesday. We would go back again on another one of our trips.

DH is watching the pre-stuff for the Masters Golf Tournament. It is an incredibly beautiful golf course.

Next door neighbour dropped in today with a Baseball hat for DH as a thank-you for keeping a watch over their house while they were away. Both DH and the neighbour are fans of the University of Florida Gators. So they can be "twins" watching the games.

Hoping all is going well for all of you!
    Here's to all you great SC'ers
    Join Swagbucks and make $$$
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/avoncallingu

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Morning! Rainy day here today. Better then snow. But a chance we may wake up to snow in the morning. Then it should warm up they say. Grabbed a lunch serving of chilli from the freezer so I can eat at my desk then go take a look for knee pads for DS on my lunch. Put item on porch for pick up today $5. She is a regular so no worries of her stiffing me
    Didn't post new items last night since I was busy doing laundry etc so will try to post some items tonight.

Trading Score
    68 (100%)

Andit: Sorry to hear about your mom. Aging parents is so worrisome.
    Friends don't let real friends pay full price.

Contradiction in progress sweet sparrow's Avatar
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)

@Andit : I'm so sorry to hear about your mom. I hope they're able to schedule her in soon so you can find out for sure.
    @Angela273 : I also have an awful experience with IVs. The last time they tried to stick me with one was while I was in labour in the hospital. No luck, so I had to deliver without one. I'm still not completely clear on what they're for. I remember them saying something about dehydration, but LO was pretty much coming out right then, so I wasn't really able to concentrate on long explanations.

I peeked on Swagbucks rewards and was disappointed to see that Home Depot was removed. I was able to use a $25 GC on a $33 purchase and pay less than $1 OOP.

Trading Score
    46 (100%)

Funny, but now that our mortgage is done, I can't think of how to spend money on myself or splurge. I'm trying to think of something nice as it's my birthday and I want LO to know that birthdays are days to be celebrated. We're breaking out the ice cream tonight, but can't think of what else to do. I've forgotten how to spend money. Any ideas?

I found another dime at the bus stop last night. Someone must be protesting the increase in bus fares.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

happy birthday sweet sparrow -enjoy the day

Trading Score
    42 (100%)

If our mortgage were done I would put money in the three things I always want to but can't at times...
    kid's savings
    retirement savings
    short-term savings - e.g renos/cars etc.

We do taxes tonight. It is always so hard to choose where to put the money (if we get some!)
    "There are more important things--friendship and bravery...."
    -Hermione Granger

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by sweet sparrow View Post
    Funny, but now that our mortgage is done, I can't think of how to spend money on myself or splurge. I'm trying to think of something nice as it's my birthday and I want LO to know that birthdays are days to be celebrated. We're breaking out the ice cream tonight, but can't think of what else to do. I've forgotten how to spend money. Any ideas?

I found another dime at the bus stop last night. Someone must be protesting the increase in bus fares.
    Happy birthday, perhaps you LO could pick out some flowers or a house plant for you for your special day.
    2019 is the year that we continue to save before we buy!!!

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Granger View Post
    If our mortgage were done I would put money in the three things I always want to but can't at times...
    kid's savings
    retirement savings

We do taxes tonight. It is always so hard to choose where to put the money (if we get some!)
    Great goals/strategies!!!

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

Let's all daydream/reflect or have a moment of indulgment via @Sweets parrow wanting to learn how to spend $ and @Granger 's 3 goals/strategies to spend/allocate funds when debt free.

So what are some things you are allocating $ to because you can or what things will you allocate $ to when you are debt free?

Trading Score
    46 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by jasperandchar View Post
    Let's all daydream/reflect or have a moment of indulgment via @Sweetsparrow wanting to learn how to spend $ and @Granger 's 3 goals/strategies to spend/allocate funds when debt free.

So what are some things you are allocating $ to because you can or what things will you allocate $ to when you are debt free?

@jasperandchar: Ha ha! You read my mind. I almost posted a QOTD on what would you splurge on.

I am with Granger on her top three things to spend on. Maybe also allocate a "fun money" fund for experiences like trips to the zoo, visiting a local orchard farm, and national parks. These can also be birthday ideas if the weather co-operates.

@coupon girl: Thank you for the birthday wishes!
    Last edited by sweet sparrow; Thu, Apr 7th, 2016 at 11:44 AM. Reason: Spacing!

momof5boys
    Trading Score
    509 (100%)

[QUOTE=jasperandchar;6605943]Let's all daydream/reflect or have a moment of indulgment via @Sweets parrow wanting to learn how to spend $ and @Granger 's 3 goals/strategies to spend/allocate funds when debt free.

[/QUOTE
    Our priorities after becoming debt free is donating a good portion to third world to try and help some others improve their lives. Other than that, we live very simple but joyful lives

Trading Score
    46 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Granger View Post
    kid's savings
    retirement savings

I usually put the refund back into RESPs or RRSPs as those will save even more. TFSA is another idea for tax sheltered growth.

Charity is also a good idea too. Speaking of taxes, you can save your charitable donations for up to five years and then declare all of them.

Page 8 of 30 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 18 ... LastLast

Thread Information