User Tag List

Page 16 of 30 FirstFirst ... 6 14 15 16 17 18 26 ... LastLast
Like Tree2324Likes

Thread: April Frugal Chatter 2016

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

@avoncallingu glad things went well today
    @coupon girl hope you feel better soon
    2019 is the year that we continue to save before we buy!!!

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by coupon girl View Post
    granger great that you paid your loc off
    avoncallyu-hope hubby is okay -food poisoning

-well since last night I have battled a high fever ,sore throat and was sick twice oh and running to the washroom-that's 3 rounds this winter of being sick -I guess watching a toddler -getting run down is not good -only watched her Monday this week thankgoodness -finally got my fever down to 99.F-so asked hubby to wash dishes and put a load in or else I will run out of p'j bottoms -just decided to come on her for a minute now back to bed
    OH NO!!! Hope is passes quickly.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by jasperandchar View Post
    Last year at Christmas I used my sdm points for Christmas shopping as I had enough points to purchase large priced items. I got dh an expensive camera which he loves, my mom her expensive perfume ($90) and then got stocking stuffers.

I was very happy I had enough points BUT to be honest my 2 local sdms don't have laptops, gaming systems (which they already have) or tvs (which we don't need) and such so going forward I really don't have any large priced items to purchase at shoppers .

I will of course get my mom her perfume again this Christmas but besides that the guys don't need any big ticket items so I for that reason decided to convert the points.

I'm sure I will have enough for 2 if not 3 top level redemptions come Christmas time this year anyways....

We also used pc points for Christmas this past year and I loved the fact that I could get gcs and then shop at those stores so no out of pocket or little .

Also my local 2 shoppers don't have large stock of items for example I went today to buy 4 boxes of 2 different types of granola bars and they only had 3 boxes of 1 type and then only 1 box of the other type....so it throws me for a loop when my list is created and my plans gets unravelled.

blah blah I love shoppers and pc points too

I did 2 transactions today

1st spend $20 on food/snacks get 4K

2nd spend $20 on snacks/candy get 6K

This week sdm has 2 bags of pc chips (large bags) for $2 = $1.00 super cheap, they were that price last week as well, I purchased 2 bags last week for us to try salt & vinegar AND all dressed and they were super good. So I purchased 20 bags of chips today to get my 6K so we are stocked on chips for a while and can't beat the price.

SO yes @Frugalbigmama I do love redemptions but I like the gcs better
    ok lol.. Yeah I love my PC pts too but enjoy a SDM redemption too. The men's cologne sampler set is for sure on my list for my 2 men (honey and teen) so right there is $160 (but I only need one this Christmas- Have one in the Christmas bin) I think I will leave my points as is for now.

Trading Score
    184 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by coupon girl View Post
    granger great that you paid your loc off
    avoncallyu-hope hubby is okay -food poisoning

-well since last night I have battled a high fever ,sore throat and was sick twice oh and running to the washroom-that's 3 rounds this winter of being sick -I guess watching a toddler -getting run down is not good -only watched her Monday this week thankgoodness -finally got my fever down to 99.F-so asked hubby to wash dishes and put a load in or else I will run out of p'j bottoms -just decided to come on her for a minute now back to bed
    Oh dear, coupon girl! Our nurse said that there was such a bug going around. I hope it leaves you fast!
    Drink, drink, drink! Gatorade replenishes the electrolytes.
    Here's to all you great SC'ers
    Join Swagbucks and make $$$
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/avoncallingu

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Coupon Girl hope you feel better soon. There is a nasty bug going around right now, it has gone through our plant and about half of the office.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

It has been a long and emotional day. 5:30am I saw a business 1/2 block down the street from my house was up in flames. Baby boy wouldn't go back to sleep with all of the sirens, etc. Police were canvassing the neighbourhood for eye witness statements this evening.

When I checked the mail today I discovered a wonderful surprise from my aunt. I don't remember attending my grandma's surprise 65th birthday party, but they had it on VHS and converted it. They are now distributing copies on flash drives. I was 8yrs old in the video. It might jog my memory. I cried tears of joy. Due to fires and flooding over the years many family pictures have been lost forever.

Well, that was the high and the low of the day. Other things happened, just not going to type it all out. It was a pretty good day with my little family.
    Natalka, Crochetlady, Ciel and 4 others like this.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

coupon girl - sure hope you are better soon. A friend of mine was sick for a while, then finally had enough, went to emerg and it turned out she has H1N1 flu.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Good morning! Our weather for the next few days is sunshine! Woohooo! Can't wait to putter around in the garage.
    Didn't get much done last night. Laundry is about the only thing I did. Tonight we have sports so it's rush rush rush. Will try and put away some laundry after and put on a load of white towels. Thinking I may get up early and hang them out to dry in the morning
    Going to work my butt off at work today so I can have an enjoyable weekend not thinking about work!
    Natalka, Crochetlady, Ciel and 1 others like this.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

morning all -went to my family doctor -he took a swab and said it may be strep -I will know Friday or Monday -but it may just be viral infection and I am contagious so will tell my daughter not to come sat night to sleep over -as much as I would love to see her -ahhh well my nurse said if you are watching your granddaughter and she is in daycare 2 days a week -they are still little germ magnets -maybe I am catching stuff from her as she was congested the on Monday when I watched her
    -well I am saving money no shopping for me -gotta get my energy back

Contradiction in progress sweet sparrow's Avatar
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)

Yesterday, I tried getting some exercise at lunchtime for the first time in awhile. It was maybe 2 km. By the time I got back, a visitor (complete stranger) asked me if I was okay. I must have looked like I was having a heart attack. It was cool outside but I was probably completely red faced and probably looked as though I was going to keel over, not having brought my inhaler. My symptoms don't seem harsh enough to use one (maybe I don't breathe enough) but I guess it's a testimony to my fitness level that a stranger had his cell phone out ready to call an ambulance. Boy, was that a dud session.

My free Vector tracker doesn't seem all that accurate. I put in all my info and getting up from my chair, it put on 10 steps on the pedometer. It seems to add 10 at each time interval, like if I haven't moved in three seconds, it'll add another 10. It must be thinking, I've got to be broken. No one moves that slowly.

@coupon girl: Yes, daycare is a hotbed of germs. I've heard that the most contagious time for colds is before the onset of symptoms, so that leaves no warning for those around you to take precautions. At the beginning of last winter, LO hasn't seem to have had any colds, or illnesses. We got the flu shot and spray and there have been notices of other viruses at daycare but we've been fortunate so far. This has to be some sort of record for us!

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

@coupongirl -Mom came down with something from eating out somewhere on Sunday. Then yesterday had what she said what was her worst headache but she's had some doozies of headaches over the years (possible coming weather change or maybe a related aspect to her Sunday troubles). Sorry to read of your illness-you are attentive to possible causes and know what you need to do to get better. Make sure you sanitize or wet-wipe doorknobs, handles, phones and other surfaces regularly so if the germs are coming from your granddaugher's daycare, they don't get to linger long. She will have to wash her hands too before meals as well-is she bringing her toys from daycare to your home?
    Can only advise when you get back to normal to bump up spices or foods that boost immunity. Perhaps some roasted garlic or chili flakes or ginger might be helpful this week in meals.

I personally would like an end to a daily sneeze or two as snow has just about disappeared-other family members also sneeze, as since Feb. I noticed we all seem to be having a daily round. I know the advanced Purell sanitizer seems to sometimes be a trigger but other times it must be something in the house air or outdoor air.

Was super-happy to find Irresistibles tarragon for $1.25 (much better than the $8+ for Club House at Fortinos) at Food Basics yesterday while getting some cereal and pop specials. I had used a herbal salt on Tuesday night (found out about the salt part when the vegetable roasting was going on as the oven was emitting a wet grass burning scent to my chagrin) despite having added sea salt to the olive oil to coat the root vegetables). Pitched that herbal salt and had to air the kitchen. Now I can plan on making cream of carrot soup and other goodies with tarragon!
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

@Ciel great price on tarragon, spices are so expensive

I am the proud new owner of 2 new chairs, purchased them yesterday at the 2nd hand furniture which they were holding for 1 day, gave FIl $ for gas, stopped in at Independent for some staples as FIL wanted fruits and my sdm 2x offers.

I called the 2nd hand store this am, as there was a cute as a button orange plaid (yes you read right) loveseat there, I didn't want to purchase without talking to dh as it's a hide-a-bed and it seems the last 4 couches have been couch beds....anyways they are holding for us until tomorrow am so hopefully we come home with it. It's only $40 BUT the best part is that the back is low, most couches are higher and block my window which drives me insane.

Supper tonight is hamburgers.

Can't recall if I posted or not that the contractor had called last weekend to say he would be working 1/2 days at my place this week. Tuesday pm I called and left a message saying dh would be home Friday if he wanted a hand to put in the beam....last night I called him again fully expecting to get a voicemail and he answered saying he was coming tonight at 630 to have a look at what's been done and what he wants dh to get done......NOT IMPRESSED....He said that he could possibly work Saturday, what makes me mad is he said he would come this week and never did.

We were responsible for insulation and installing strapping (for drywall). Dh cannot finish the spray foam portion of the insulation as the electrical has not been done by him...sigh....

At this point we'll see what he says tonight BUT I am fully prepared to call my electrician and get this none sense done and over with. So dh can proceed with the insulation (spray foam) and perhaps put all the drywall up ourselves. That would leave the mudding & sanding of drywall and painting for the contractor.

Sorry for the rant...any feedback would be appreciated. Should I outright say we will do the electrical and drywall or should I wait and see what he actually gets done on Saturday....PS he only works 3 to 5 hours a day per inlaws feedback.
    Crochetlady, Ciel and SassyAshley like this.
    2019 is the year that we continue to save before we buy!!!

Trading Score
    46 (100%)

@coupon girl : I forgot to mention that when we get home from daycare, I strip down LO from head to toe, wash hands, face, and feet (LO likes to take her socks and shoes off). All clothes go straight to laundry and I handwash all the dirt and stains off. Last winter, daycare put up notices that there was pink eye, and hand, foot, and mouth disease going around, but they still put all the stuffed animals and blankets in the same bin. It's almost impossible to not get sick.

Trading Score
    46 (100%)

@jasperandchar : I would do as much as possible without the contractor. He doesn't seem to be the easiest person to communicate with and not the most reliable (attendance wise). Renovations tend to get expensive quickly and can drag on much longer than you anticipate.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

ceil-thanks for the input -I watch ashlyn at their house so no toys are at mine from daycare -and my daughter-in-law does the same as you sweet sparrow washes her the minute they get in from daycare
    -ceil cant eat anything spicy but I have been taking oil of oregano capsules for my sore throat
    -feeling a bit better today -just went out front with hubby and put some of the garbage out -my fever is 99 F-sure felt good getting a bit of fresh air
    -I started back eating toast ,tea and a pear
    -supper tonight kraft dinner for hubby and homemade turkey soup for me with crackers
    Natalka, Ciel and jasperandchar like this.

Page 16 of 30 FirstFirst ... 6 14 15 16 17 18 26 ... LastLast

Thread Information