User Tag List

Page 6 of 28 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 16 ... LastLast
Like Tree1797Likes

Thread: July 2016 Frugal Chatter - all welcome

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

Wishing everyone a great evening and night!!!
    The goal is to live day by day not to much thinking hahaha !!!!
    I love to save money!!! Frugal life hahaah !!!

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

Yesterday I did a couple of errands to tackle some of the logistics of setting up the daycare. I also stopped at a park to pick up their summer swimming and craft schedule. Im supposed to hear back today regarding those 3 young boys and if they will be attending my daycare. I know the competitive rates in my community, plus the additional hours that I will need to be open for this family and my price reflects this. The boys have been attending a daycare at the very far end of our community and train tracks cut out city in half, which can cause problems when working with time constraints. She has been paying a very inexpensive rate, but she was not requiring a full-time spot for 3 boys at that time. I'm a little anxious, but I am confident in my price decision for this family. The amount of time that the boys would be in my care will fluctuate greatly throughout the year. If I get these boys then I will pretty much be full based on what I was looking for.
    Last edited by Angela273; Wed, Jul 6th, 2016 at 09:46 AM.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

I did my grocery shopping trip yesterday to Sobeys for 10% off Tuesday. I spent a $65.11 OOP. My receipt says that I got $41.47 in discounts & specials. I used $16 in coupons and $10 in AM. My receipt says that I saved 43%, not including the $10 in AM. I earned 23AM. Upon closer inspection of my receipt it looks like the coupons were taken off, then the 10% off was calculate from the remaining amount, which is different than my previous shopping trips. That makes me miss out on an additional 10% of my coupon value, which would have been $1.60. I pulled out an old 10% off Tuesday receipt and that one certainly looks like I got the extra 10%, but these receipts are confusing to me right now. Oh well, I know that I did good either way.

I got 2 packs of tp and paid $0.50 for 24pk Royale tp because I have $5 off coupons from a valid complaint. $5.99 - 10% - $5 coup
    There was a special sale for certain Johnsonville sausages. I got 2pks. $2.99 - 10% - 8AM wub2 (personal offer) - $2 coup (x2) = $0.54 for both packs of maple breakfast sausage rounds.

At 7:40pm I saw that the deli was out of roast chickens and the sign advertises that if this happens you are supposed to talk someone at the department to get a coupon for a free roast chicken another day. The ladies at the deli don't speak English very well, so my 2nd stop was at customer service. They made a note to be kept at customer service because the store still hasn't been sent these free chicken coupons yet. I'm sure that I will be able to get a free chicken another time because I am a very regular customer and the signs clearly state the rules. Anyway, it will make for a cheap and easy meal.

Update: A different manager called this morning to apologize for the inconvenience and a free chicken coupon is now waiting for me at customer service. She said that all employees who work the deli counter were shown the coupon and shown where they are kept in a drawer. She's going to talk to that employee.

Sobeys has a built your own trail mix section. I have been buying my bulk pecans there for about a year now at $1.49/100g, and I purchase a month's worth on 10% off Tuesday. Yesterday I was shocked to find special price tags on 1/3 of the items. Those same pecans are now $3.99/100g. I left without pecans.
    Last edited by Angela273; Wed, Jul 6th, 2016 at 11:10 AM.
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:

Trading Score
    42 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Giseledta View Post
    my fence we did completely on our own... both neighbours refused to pay a dime. still irrates me......
    Good neighbours take care of the fence. It is hard to share expenses that way. We were blessed at our old home with good neighbours and shared the expense of roof replacement for our town home. We gave each other time and did it the next summer. Anything involving people and $ makes life complex. Congrats on being the good neighbour. I would be too.

Quote Originally Posted by SassyAshley View Post
    Nancy my cousin and his wife planned there own Buck and Doe as well. I find now a days there are too many "parties" so to say. There is the engagement party, Buck & Doe, Bridal Shower, Bachelor and bachelorette, Wedding. It seemed never ending one thing after another.
    My sister's bachelorette is this weekend. I have $100 left in the wedding budget. I will have to top up that fund somehow as there are still expenses left. This means I have spent $1600 so far on her wedding. I love her. It is not a complaint, but a fact. I ready for her to be married and have time and money for our family again.

Quote Originally Posted by Angela273 View Post
    Yesterday I did a couple of errands to tackle some of the logistics of setting up the daycare. I also stopped at a park to pick up their summer swimming and craft schedule. Im supposed to hear back today regarding those 3 young boys and if they will be attending my daycare. I know the competitive rates in my community, plus the additional hours that I will need to be open for this family and my price reflects this. The boys have been attending a daycare at the very far end of our community and train tracks cut out city in half, which can cause problems when working with time constraints. She has been paying a very inexpensive rate, but she was not requiring a full-time spot for 3 boys at that time. I'm a little anxious, but I am confident in my price decision for this family. The amount of time that the boys would be in my care will fluctuate greatly throughout the year. If I get these boys then I will pretty much be full based on what I was looking for.
    I am very excited about your daycare endeavours. I am off to finish grout scrubbing. To think, after two years, my full home deep clean after the move will finally be done...guess I'll I have to start over!
    "There are more important things--friendship and bravery...."
    -Hermione Granger

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

I earned 245 Air Miles from filling my monthly prescription at Sobeys. The good thing is that you earn AM on the purchase before the medical coverage is applied, which helps to offset some of my OOP.
    $25.89 in AM. Too bad this medication has gone up in price over the last year.
    Last edited by Angela273; Wed, Jul 6th, 2016 at 02:44 PM.
    Caddle Referral Code:

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

I need advices and I dont know where to writhe it before I talk to my aunts about that even if my father will not be happy about that.I think my father is an alcoolic even if he denied it,He drink 2 bigs beers per day,and pretext it is is business because he is on his retreat and it is good for his health...not sure about that....how i can talk to him about that,say to him that make me sick....he said i am too much on my principe and he go walking drunk...i am affraid something happen to him and i dont want that.Thank you for reading and maybe some advices
    Last edited by cath007; Wed, Jul 6th, 2016 at 03:15 PM.

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

Wrotted to a few compagnies for coupons some are a yes some are a no.
    Giseledta and Angela273 like this.

Trading Score
    42 (100%)

Little miracle moment: I was praying while putting the baby down for a nap for Crochetlady (Verna). I hadn't heard anything since my card. Her niece called less than 30 minutes later.

The outlook is not good. It seems our friend will be leaving us. Her body has started to reject blood transfusions. She could be gone in as little as 2 weeks if the last treatment is not successful.

Praying for a big miracle now.
    "There are more important things--friendship and bravery...."
    -Hermione Granger

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Granger View Post
    Little miracle moment: I was praying while putting the baby down for a nap for Crochetlady (Verna). I hadn't heard anything since my card. Her niece called less than 30 minutes later.

The outlook is not good. It seems our friend will be leaving us. Her body has started to reject blood transfusions. She could be gone in as little as 2 weeks if the last treatment is not successful.

;(
    Angela273 and jasperandchar like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

I'm so sorry to hear about Crochetlady's deteriorating health.

I contacted my brother earlier today to get another update on the family. SIL's kidneys are working a bit, but she still requires dialysis. She has been in hospital since May 20. Continued progress, which is good.
    Caddle Referral Code:

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

Any suggestions on where I could get a children's sized apron in this style? My son really likes mine, but it is big on him and I only have one.
    edit: I just found some on Amazon.ca, I'm just not sure about the quality.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by Angela273; Wed, Jul 6th, 2016 at 04:23 PM.
    Giseledta likes this.
    Caddle Referral Code:

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Granger View Post

Well, that made me burst into tears....

She will continue to be in my prayers, and I'll have to find some way to up the ante...

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Prayers for Crochetlady
    Angela273 and jasperandchar like this.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

ahhh prayers for our friend crochetlady

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Very sad to hear about Crochetlady being so ill-certainly makes all my day to day issues look small. Thoughts are with her and her family at this difficult time.

Page 6 of 28 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 16 ... LastLast

Thread Information