User Tag List

Page 17 of 27 FirstFirst ... 7 15 16 17 18 19 ... LastLast
Like Tree2233Likes

Thread: December 2016 Frugal Chatter thread (all welcome)

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Good morning!

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Hope you feel better soon Lizzie.
    Ciel and jasperandchar like this.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Oh Nat-I wish I could be so boring. Given the swelling in my face last night was doubling about evey 2 hrs my DH packed me off to urgent care who confirmed the diagnosis and upped my antibioitcs-they seemed to think I would live until morning-lol-and here I still am! At least it hasn't affected my sense of humour-they said if I did not improve to come back for IV antibiotics but I do think I am looking a bit better this morning-still like heck but. It is certainly a good thing we did not have family pics booked last night-lol. I am actually glad it happened now rather than in the small place in the mountains I was headed( Fairmont Hot Springs) or in Antarctica in a couple of weeks. I think being helicoptered off a ship going around Cape Horn might just give me a heart attack!! Having seen several medi vacs that terrified me at sea( never mind the poor passengers swinging around in a basket while being winched up to the helicopter)-that is an adventure I can do without thank you very much. At the very least I think they would have quarantined me to my cabin( and likely my sister too) to avoid spreading it. Oh man then she would never forgive me for ruining her trip in one of the most scenic locations in the world-haha. They are very quick to punt you off at the first opportunity if you seem to be brewing anything exotic or serious-good grief. Anyway I told my sister this morning that I am still alive and she won't be getting the cabin to herself!!

My newfound 4th cousin, twice removed, in England decided to get his DNA tested and the results are back-he is a match for my Mum so the DNA does not lie. It confirms our intuitions were right, that we had found the correct branch of our family after an arduous search which my Mum started 7 years ago-feels like I won the jackpot with helping solve the puzzle of these elusive relatives( and the name Parkinson seems almost as common as Jones or Smith). So many of the kids were called John, Mary, Elizabeth etc back in those days, it was really hard to know if you had the correct one. In any case we have our descent proven back to 1725 and then more names back to 1685 to still verify. More fun.
    Last edited by lizzie bargain; Wed, Dec 21st, 2016 at 02:46 PM.
    Natalka, JadeAngel, Ciel and 3 others like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Angela273 View Post
    I recently found the original hand written receipt for the purchase of our chest freezer. We bought it in September 2005 for $455.95, which bought us a reliable 12 cubic foot freezer. I am now starting a list of freezer items that we are either out of or nearly out of. Boy does that nearly empty freezer look good though. I'm looking forard to the cooler full of neat that we'll be bringing back from my dad, then I'll just keep an eye on the flyers and start to re-stock accordingly.
    I am looking forward to an empty freezer myself! I have lots at my mom's in hers but working on mine right now. Gave my sister 2 Turkeys for the dinner she always hosts. My contribution. We are away/ in and out over the next week so not much cooking to be done. But once we are back in the swing of things I am working hard on using up what we have. There are always deals.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Ordered my last (big) gift online just now (to pick up in store) Woohoo! Can't wait to get the boys gifts wrapped tonight! Little one will be going to bed early!!

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Frugalbigmama View Post
    I am looking forward to an empty freezer myself! I have lots at my mom's in hers but working on mine right now. Gave my sister 2 Turkeys for the dinner she always hosts. My contribution. We are away/ in and out over the next week so not much cooking to be done. But once we are back in the swing of things I am working hard on using up what we have. There are always deals.
    I just had a long phone call with my dad. He's bringing in meat for our freezer and for my older sister too, but she lives in Saskatoon. Dad says he'll bring us about 4 whole Hutterite chickens, mule deer meat, calf moose meat, and they just picked up the jerky from the butcher, so I should be getting some of that too. Dad heard that my area of the province might have a blizzard on Monday and we were hoping to drive home that evening. We'll keep an eye on things and might have to stay an extra night, just to be safe. We wanted one day home to rest and enjoy ourselves as a family before Dh heads back to work, but I guess we'll just have to see.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Frugalbigmama View Post
    Ordered my last (big) gift online just now (to pick up in store) Woohoo! Can't wait to get the boys gifts wrapped tonight! Little one will be going to bed early!!
    How old are your kids Frugalbigmama?
    Ciel and jasperandchar like this.
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

How old are your kids Frugalbigmama?
    12 and almost 18
    Angela273, JadeAngel, Ciel and 1 others like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Gift picked up!
    Went to RCSS to take a look around. Extra Lean ground beef marked down to $2.18 LB. Just bought 2 family packs for tacos in the new year.

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

oh, lizzie - so sorry you are going through this - just hoping and praying for you that the meds work well. It must be painful as well.

I had years of recurrent cellulitis (on my abdomen) and always had to go for IV antibiotics at emergency - no fun trekking there three times a day.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

My friend received her food hamper and gifts for her kids today. She texted asking if I received a hamper. It's amazing how her simple questions bring up memories and emotions. I've never received a hamper as an adult, but I remember my mom always having to rely on them. Remember, I was raised by my dad...although we didn't have a lot, I don't remember us ever receiving hampers...even at Christmas time. Anyway, they gave her way too much of a few things so she sent me home with a 5kg bag of flour, 2kg bag of white sugar, and a box of honey nut O's. I brough her some fresh sugar snap peas. She was very impressed that they tasted like garden peas.
    Caddle Referral Code:

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

-oh lizzie take care hon
    -I vegged on the couch today -stuffed(got my neti-pot out -as I don't want this to turn into sinitus) -hoping to knock this out of me my nose is red and my upper lip from blowing my nose so much -had to cancel taking my hubby's sister out to swiss chalet -told her we would in the new year still treat her
    -at least we are not celebrating til boxing day at my daughter's in Toronto
    -just notice we are out of bread in freezer -wow that's a first -will have to get hubby to pick up some thursday

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

1 more day of work then off till the New Year!!! Can't wait. I actually feel ok leaving the office and not thinking about what's waiting for me when I return. Thinking I will make some popcorn now for DS and I ☺

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Mom was doing food prep (lots of it manually, which is an issue timewise and of course all that work is a strain on her) on Sunday and Monday-it seemed like forever to me. Cleanup after Monday's dinner was swift. Got her to FINALLY agree to pare down menu for next year and have that fish & roasted veggies in one pan recipe as the lead suggestion to use for our discussion this week. Aim is for one main and four sides plus desserts (need some fresh inspiration for desserts as well-oil based).
    Dad was a piece of work-I'll leave it at that.

Ventured into big box land today to get tights at one store, the $3.33 pop at Sobeys and a book at Chapters (some fun money from Mom-did not take long last night to jot down where to apply it). Busyness everywhere and half the time that I had the light to cross, there was a driver trying to roll onto my toes. Gloved hand went up to wave "wait." Wish I had checked bathroom tissue prices on the way home but will see what I can find tomorrow.

My deposit refund money this week paid for today's Toronto Sun paper.

Mom would like to see me sewing (I do feel badly a year has passed since getting the sewing issue that has the businesslike dress pattern that would be useful for dressy casual needs). I feel like I need some hammock time with a constant stream of snacks and maybe a couple of casseroles, so I can read. At least Mom has been catching up on her reading yesterday and today with couch time!
    coupon girl and jasperandchar like this.
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

My friend received her food hamper and gifts for her kids today. She texted asking if I received a hamper. It's amazing how her simple questions bring up memories and emotions. I've never received a hamper as an adult, but I remember my mom always having to rely on them. Remember, I was raised by my dad...although we didn't have a lot, I don't remember us ever receiving hampers...even at Christmas time. Anyway, they gave her way too much of a few things so she sent me home with a 5kg bag of flour, 2kg bag of white sugar, and a box of honey nut O's. I brough her some fresh sugar snap peas. She was very impressed that they tasted like garden peas.
    How wonderful that you both can swap and share food items. Future baking sessions!
    Actually, I realize how odd it is now that I would not know who to ask in the neighbourhood for a cup of sugar. When I was a kid, Mom had about two or three women who she could turn to for advice, things (dresses handed down to me from a neighbour's family, fruit), or for some conversation. Dad did not have quite the same network-it seemed he and the male neighbours spent time trying to impress each other with what they did, where they went away, etc.
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Page 17 of 27 FirstFirst ... 7 15 16 17 18 19 ... LastLast

Thread Information