User Tag List

Page 1631 of 1956 FirstFirst ... 631 1131 1531 1581 1621 1629 1630 1631 1632 1633 1641 1681 1731 ... LastLast
Results 24,451 to 24,465 of 29337
Like Tree118485Likes

Thread: Chat-a-Thon 2017-18 Thread!

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Good morning!

Well, our Tim .Horton's coffee maker finally died, so we have a combination pot and single serve coffee unit on the way which, I'm happy to try, a pod / no-pod single serve coffee!

I'm still working on my Christmas orders and our GS's 12-days of Christmas gifts, a couple of which have already arrived.
    THIS is the best time of the year!

Sorry to hear about you getting gas today, @walkonby ...Imodium might help with that.

Ok! Breakfast time....enjoy your day, everyone!
    Last edited by Lynn49; Thu, Oct 21st, 2021 at 10:09 AM.
    GoJays, walkonby and danger_dan like this.

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

yuck, yuck, yuck....groan! ^^^
    Very nice to get a shiny new small appliance, especially before Christmas @Lynn49
    Satisfying morning coffee times ahead for you!!
    Our DD ( when she was here last ), let out a squeal, then drooled over and stroked the smooth shiny surface of my most recent mixing machine ( a bright red CookLee brand I bought a while ago, ) that she had never come face to face with yet.

Grocery shopping done and I am wiped. They had bottles of Passata on for .99 so yes, I bought 12. Then I slipped right down into that damn cereal/breakfast/granola bars items points offer. At least they had some of the sweeter kids ones that DS can get a laugh out of, like Cinn Tst Crunch Churros, French Tst. crunch, Frosted Flakes, etc.
    Spend $25.00 on any of these, get $5.00 back in points. At $3.00 a box, I'll bite.

So weird today. plenty of the produce was less than perfect, some of it downright spoiled! Then other stuff they had NONE of....not a large naval orange or a bell pepper to be had! I am not going back tomorrow, as the produce guy suggested they " might " have a delivery by then. Oh yes and I passed a senior who had TWO of the lactose free 2L milks in his cart, I wanted one, but the dairy guy said there were none left. Don't laugh at the visual I had going in my head of snatching one off of the guy when his back was turned......the fantasy is always better than the actual act! ha ha ha .
    I used to really enjoy the grocery outings at one time.....not now.
    Lynn49 and danger_dan like this.

babies teach us acceptance

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by walkonby View Post
    yuck, yuck, yuck....groan! ^^^
    Very nice to get a shiny new small appliance, especially before Christmas @Lynn49
    Satisfying morning coffee times ahead for you!!
    Our DD ( when she was here last ), let out a squeal, then drooled over and stroked the smooth shiny surface of my most recent mixing machine ( a bright red CookLee brand I bought a while ago, ) that she had never come face to face with yet.

Grocery shopping done and I am wiped. They had bottles of Passata on for .99 so yes, I bought 12. Then I slipped right down into that damn cereal/breakfast/granola bars items points offer. At least they had some of the sweeter kids ones that DS can get a laugh out of, like Cinn Tst Crunch Churros, French Tst. crunch, Frosted Flakes, etc.
    Spend $25.00 on any of these, get $5.00 back in points. At $3.00 a box, I'll bite.

So weird today. plenty of the produce was less than perfect, some of it downright spoiled! Then other stuff they had NONE of....not a large naval orange or a bell pepper to be had! I am not going back tomorrow, as the produce guy suggested they " might " have a delivery by then. Oh yes and I passed a senior who had TWO of the lactose free 2L milks in his cart, I wanted one, but the dairy guy said there were none left. Don't laugh at the visual I had going in my head of snatching one off of the guy when his back was turned......the fantasy is always better than the actual act! ha ha ha .
    I used to really enjoy the grocery outings at one time.....not now.
    @walkonby, I think this is just the start of the skimpy offerings due to the supply-line hold-ups, esp at ports of delivery...and I mean "ports" since ships laden with goods are kept waiting days to be offloaded; not sure why...unions, lack of staff...it depends on who's giving their opinion.

For instance, in the US, there'll be a lack of fresh Christmas trees because of the drought, then fires in the western states that grow them; some farmers lost 90% of their trees. So if that crop is pooched, we can only imagine the decimated ground crops there, in our western provinces.
    If you find those peppers, I suggest a day of chopping and freezing...it's not going to be easy to find what we want when we want them, I guess.

The same goes for anyone with kiddles who want "that" toy for Christmas; there's a shortage of shipments of the materials to make them, so lots of kiddos will be disappointed come Christmas. Which is just another reason (as if I needed one) to shop early.
    It's more important than ever this year.

https://www.ctvnews.ca/business/toys...days-1.5630065

And it's not just toys...it's everything!

https://torontosun.com/news/national...ks-to-pandemic
    Last edited by Lynn49; Thu, Oct 21st, 2021 at 11:32 AM.
    walkonby and danger_dan like this.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

I posted this in another section of SC but I thought that...um...knowing some of you might, from time to time, enjoy a sip or two of your favourite beverage, I'd post it here, also!

Honestly, I had no idea what to treat my Hubby and SIL to this Christmas, and I think I found it!

As I may have mentioned before, they enjoy buying bottles of scotch or gin and having friends over to their deck at camp for "tastings"... they're going to love this: scotch for Hubby, gin for SIL, just to keep things interesting..
    It's as pricey as you want to go, and it's located in Ontario!! Shop Canadian, right?

Anyhoodles....here it is: (no idea why it's in bold here, but it deserves to be!)

I just found a lovely Ontario site that I just have to share: https://180drinks.ca/

They offer gift boxes of just about any variety of beverages (for the over 18), tasting boxes, cocktail boxes...just about any combination of them y
    ou can imagine: scotch, gin, vodka, tequila, etc....the tasting boxes can also include additions such as dark chocolate, jerky, etc to enhance the tasting, plus a self-guided tasting card; prices are very reasonable for an interesting experience.
    Who needs more socks, anyway?

In the top left corner are the gift box offerings.
    I know my Hubby and SIL often purchase a different variety of scotch or gin and have their own...ahem...tastings with friends at camp.

I contacted them with a question, and received a reply from Shawn in no time at all. (no pressure, Shawn! )

I hope you check it out for yourself or for friends. i get harder each year to find gifts for guys!

More information wrt gift sets: https://180drinks.ca/drink-gifts/

Cheers!
    GoJays, walkonby and HermanH like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by Lynn49 View Post
    If you find those peppers, I suggest a day of chopping and freezing...it's not going to be easy to find what we want when we want them, I guess.
    I find frozen peppers come out quite limp when cooked. They simply do not have that crisp texture. Do you have a flash freezer?
    My food may not befit a king, but I eat like a horse.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by HermanH View Post
    I find frozen peppers come out quite limp when cooked. They simply do not have that crisp texture. Do you have a flash freezer?
    @HermanH , nope no flash freezer, although my DH does place the pepper strips or chopped peppers onto parchment and a large sheet pan and places them into the freezer. He than bags them and they stay separated.
    No, they'll never be like a fresh pepper, but we use them in chili, soups, tacos, scrambled eggs, quiches, anything that doesn't require crispness.
    Sometimes it's that or nothing on the shelves in coming months.
    walkonby and HermanH like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Was buying 12x bell peppers at RCSS and another lady came to grab one. I told her that they were at a good price. The posted price was $3.49 / lb, but that Fruiticana had a price of $0.98 / lb and that she could request a price-match. She thanked me for telling her and grabbed another 2 for the same price.

Do SC folks go out of their way to help others save money while shopping?
    My food may not befit a king, but I eat like a horse.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Lynn49, walkonby and danger_dan like this.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    65 (100%)

Good morning @GoJays and all my SC friends .

Hoping @Natalka and @avoncallingu are doing good.
    Lynn49 and walkonby like this.

Trading Score
    4 (100%)

morning peeps
    Lynn49 and walkonby like this.
    DANGER

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Good morning!

It's 1! degree out there! Going up to a whopping 6, so balmy once again. Wow.

We'll be attending my Hubby's Brother's celebration of life later today, after my chiropractor appt this morning. Tomorrow will be a family get-together.

So 2 sessions with this chiropractor, I've gone from not being able to finish cooking dinner, not even able to peel or cut up vegetables while standing at the counter, to yesterday, when I cleared everything off the countertops, appliances, everything, washed the counters, backsplash, cleaned everything that moved, pre-arranged the kitchen and not a single stabbing in my back at all! Not that the kitchen needed it, I primarily wanted to reorganize everything. I still can't believe i did it all!

Hubby came home from his guitar lesson and grocery shopping and couldn't believe it! He said it looked like "Bewitched" (an old TV series for you youngsters), lol.

Just fine today, too, no I'll effects!! It's as close to a little miracle as it comes!

Enjoy your day, everyone!
    Last edited by Lynn49; Fri, Oct 22nd, 2021 at 07:57 AM.

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

@Lynn49 I am THRILLED for the improvement in your back after just 2 treatments! Oh yes, keep going to that chiropractor.
    Hope the celebration of life for DH's brother goes as well as can be expected.

I am loving these crisp cooler temps! I purposely open up the cat window first thing once I'm up and about so the felines can pop out into their screened in structure. Sometimes my toes have gotten cold ( Bare Foot Contessa always for me ) if I am in the kitchen too long.
    Watermelon for Frankie today! It has been 2 weeks without any, so yippee for him.

TGIF and all that Jazz!
    Natalka, Lynn49 and danger_dan like this.

babies teach us acceptance

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by walkonby View Post
    @Lynn49 I am THRILLED for the improvement in your back after just 2 treatments! Oh yes, keep going to that chiropractor.
    Hope the celebration of life for DH's brother goes as well as can be expected.

I am loving these crisp cooler temps! I purposely open up the cat window first thing once I'm up and about so the felines can pop out into their screened in structure. Sometimes my toes have gotten cold ( Bare Foot Contessa always for me ) if I am in the kitchen too long.
    Watermelon for Frankie today! It has been 2 weeks without any, so yippee for him.

TGIF and all that Jazz!
    Honestly, @walkonby , I'm still emotional about it all.....it's been at least a couple of years since I've been like this! I hesitated going to another chiropractor since during my last treatment resulted in being on the bone-cracker's table that was supposed to break but didn't!!

I ended up in emerg thinking I was having a heart attack from the chest pain! Apparently I had bruised ribs!

If my Hubby hadn't needed a chiropractor for a tweaked back, and found this one, and had such success, I'd still be in pain.

Funny how life can point you in the right direction, hm?
    This guy's a therapeutic chiropractor, not a bone-cruncher...obsolete, I'm hoping!!
    walkonby and danger_dan like this.

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

Good late morning everyone!!!! TGIF!!! Happy Friday!!!! Enjoy the day my friends !!!
    Rainy most of the week in QC so a blah week...
    Natalka likes this.
    The goal is to live day by day not to much thinking hahaha !!!!
    I love to save money!!! Frugal life hahaah !!!

Thread Information