User Tag List

Page 74 of 1954 FirstFirst ... 24 64 72 73 74 75 76 84 124 174 574 1074 ... LastLast
Results 1,096 to 1,110 of 29298
Like Tree118409Likes

Thread: Chat-a-Thon 2017-18 Thread!

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    65 (100%)

Good day everyone.. I was up early because I couldn't sleep so decided to get my baking going. Don't like to Cook but love to bake. So I decided to masks cinnamon buns, coconut bun apple pie and some oatmeal cookies .my kids love to have fresh bake goods to eat .My DH is the cook in the house so he will be making dinner. I am now finish with cleaning kitchen because I choose to walk Thor first so now have as few hours to my self. Hope everyone is having a great Sunday.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by wendymac View Post
    @22hicks Thank God your son is OK and will recover from the banging up he received. People who text while driving are insane. A bunch of teenagers were in a terrible accident last year up here because the driver was texting. They didn't do well, I'm afraid.

Just a quiet work day for me. DH and I are working longer hours for less, it seems, but then everyone else is as well. Remember a time when people could actually retire and look forward to "the golden years"? Whole lotta tarnish on them now. Hope everyone else has a great Sunday! I put some bread in the bread maker and a roast in the oven so dinner is taken care of and I'm free to be as productive as I can be with totally boring work.
    As someone who is in her "golden years", I can attest to the fact that most of the tarnish is physical and there isn't a darn thing we can do about it. I'm going by the "what doesn't kill you makes you stronger", but....

I hope things improve for you and your DH, Hon. Enjoy your lovely dinner; DH just put a turkey in the oven, the kitchen smells like Christmas....

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by Lynn49 View Post
    14 DAYS, 18 Hours, 49 minutes until
    No Spring coming to us Newfies this year .. time pack my bags and move where sun shines and nooooo more snow .. wicked day here .. very high winds and lots of snow

Name:  IMG_1031.jpg
Views: 108
Size:  272.6 KB

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

This well be me when summer comes !!!

Name:  IMG_0961.JPG
Views: 102
Size:  40.4 KB

LIVE EVERY MIN. 2 THE MAX 22hicks's Avatar
    Trading Score
    2 (100%)

Thanks @wendymac . The 'golden years' - right. Like you said tarnished.
    Congrats on your TOP T designation.

And as @Lynn49 said, 'what doesn't kill you ……..' So, do we look stronger

Geez @Newfiescreech - that looks awful. Please keep it down east; we just have the cold, cold wind, I couldn't deal with that. Sure glad I live in Southern Ontario.

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

We got a fair bit of snow today, hopefully that's it for a while. However, it's gone back to pretty cold, though. Only bonus to that is that we might see sun in the next few days.

Supper is cooking - sarma in a big pot; Milan is coming over, so I cook more to ensure there are leftovers for him to take home, as well as other food I have prepped for him.

Many body owies here over the past few days - for me, it's a combo of getting older and just bad crap happening (and poor genetics in regard to bad knees) with sore back and some sciatic pain. Sigh! It never seems to end...

to everyone

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

@22hicks , please make sure your Son is ok... I was hit at 80km's, and it sure messed my life up... He should see a lawyer, so in case something does arise out of this accident, they'll have a report started. You have two years to make a claim... Don't sign anything till you are sure of it, and that to the right off of his truck also....

Well, kids, it's Sunday evening already, sure wish I knew where the weekend went... Just passed, and I did nothing all day today.. and time still flew by.... Just don't get it... I know the older you get, life goes faster, but there's gotta be a way to slow it down a tad....

Trading Score
    2 (100%)

I don't know if he's contacted a lawyer, but I'll check on that.
    Thanks RNC.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by 22hicks View Post
    Thanks @wendymac. The 'golden years' - right. Like you said tarnished.
    Congrats on your TOP T designation.

And as @Lynn49 said, 'what doesn't kill you ……..' So, do we look stronger

Geez @Newfiescreech - that looks awful. Please keep it down east; we just have the cold, cold wind, I couldn't deal with that. Sure glad I live in Southern Ontario.

Hi 22hicks !! Hey .. I just hope you don't get it .. time for my crocus be blooming now .. I say little things wont bloom this year... instead getting snow again .. not fit let your dog out here today ..if I had one lol weather network saying not suppose clear up until late tomorrow.. will have awesome evening and Take good care yourself sweetie

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Newfiescreech View Post
    Hi 22hicks !! Hey .. I just hope you don't get it .. time for my crocus be blooming now .. I say little things wont bloom this year... instead getting snow again .. not fit let your dog out here today ..if I had one lol weather network saying not suppose clear up until late tomorrow.. will have awesome evening and Take good care yourself sweetie
    That's just so depressing, @Newfiescreech . 14 days until Spring and look what we're living with..we don't look much different than you...it's those "southern" people here who don't have any white crap. Bunch of softies.

Well, it's got 14 days to disappear or else...or else..........well, I'll think of something!!

Be careful out there, Sweets and have a lovely week!

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by cabmonk View Post
    Oh Lynn I know you know the pain and yours is even more prolonged. I'm getting there, still a bit of pain but I can at least get up and move around now. Hope everyone has a good sunday.
    You know, @cabmonk ....it really doesn't matter what one person's pain is compared to another's pain...it's so personal, we all go through our own tough times and no one can measure or quantify it accurately enough to say 'yours is worse than mine, or mine is worse than yours". Fact is, if we look around us, there's always someone who's pain is greater, but Cabbie, that doesn't minimize or diminish our own.

As for me, yes, it's been a long haul and to tell you the honest truth, I look back and I don't know how I got through that break, the pain, the cast, brace, screws, plate, 3 surgeries and recoveries, but for some odd reason I did. Then I went and had a knee replacement! Glutton for punishment, me thinks!! Point being, we all just move forward one step, one breath and one day at a time all the while maintaining our sense of humour because without it we'd go bonkers.

I've always tried to live with this thought: I can be in pain, but I don't have to be a pain and although I grumble on here sometimes, those are the really bad days, and believe me, I've had 'em. But for family members? I don't burden them with my whining; they know what I'm going through and I smile through it.
    I take it out on YOU people!! hahaha!!!

So Honey, don't minimize what you're going through and compare it to others; everyone has their own threshold for pain, and when you tell us you're hurting, we know darn well that you're hurting.

And Cabbie, we only always wish you only the best!

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by Lynn49 View Post
    You know, @cabmonk....it really doesn't matter what one person's pain is compared to another's pain...it's so personal, we all go through our own tough times and no one can measure or quantify it accurately enough to say 'yours is worse than mine, or mine is worse than yours". Fact is, if we look around us, there's always someone who's pain is greater, but Cabbie, that doesn't minimize or diminish our own.

As for me, yes, it's been a long haul and to tell you the honest truth, I look back and I don't know how I got through that break, the pain, the cast, brace, screws, plate, 3 surgeries and recoveries, but for some odd reason I did. Then I went and had a knee replacement! Glutton for punishment, me thinks!! Point being, we all just move forward one step, one breath and one day at a time all the while maintaining our sense of humour because without it we'd go bonkers.

I've always tried to live with this thought: I can be in pain, but I don't have to be a pain and although I grumble on here sometimes, those are the really bad days, and believe me, I've had 'em. But for family members? I don't burden them with my whining; they know what I'm going through and I smile through it.
    I take it out on YOU people!! hahaha!!!

So Honey, don't minimize what you're going through and compare it to others; everyone has their own threshold for pain, and when you tell us you're hurting, we know darn well that you're hurting.

And Cabbie, we only always wish you only the best!
    It so true Lynn .. everyone suffers in pain some way or other.. cabmonk just vent when you have to sweetie.. sometimes it's what we have do help us get through day of suffering in lots pain .. so hang in there and hope and pray that everything will work out for you and everyone else that is suffering in pain .. sending my thoughts and prayers to you all !! Take extra care yourself

Name:  IMG_0797.GIF
Views: 83
Size:  34.7 KB

Trading Score
    2 (100%)

Well, this is from a "Southern Softie" to every1 who needs a hug.

Name:  Unknown.jpeg
Views: 92
Size:  8.8 KB

Name:  images.jpeg
Views: 90
Size:  7.8 KB

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

LOL
    laugh out loud .. 22hicks.. thought this was cute.. southern softie .. I like be softie too lol but I have suck it up and battle elements .. makes me hard as nails .. old Newfie saying .. Thanks for good laugh have wonderful evening

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Awww...too cute you ol' softie!! Group hug!!!

Page 74 of 1954 FirstFirst ... 24 64 72 73 74 75 76 84 124 174 574 1074 ... LastLast

Thread Information