User Tag List

Page 197 of 1954 FirstFirst ... 97 147 187 195 196 197 198 199 207 247 297 697 1197 ... LastLast
Results 2,941 to 2,955 of 29298
Like Tree118409Likes

Thread: Chat-a-Thon 2017-18 Thread!

Trading Score
    184 (100%)

That storm has moved on and has threatened many places across Southern Ontario, as many of you know. I have been watching Global and e very 15, it seems, a new "Severe Weather Warning" interrupted programming to update New communities to take cover.
    I can tell you now that Sadie' s comforter is in the bathtub and the mattress from the pull-out bed was lined up to pull over us if we needed. I sure didn't want to go down to our creepy old basement for a couple of hours.

It is daunting to have to make a decision about everything you pick up. Keep and pack -give away- try to sell. It's like my life's accomplishments are disappearing, not to mention my DH's.

Sorry for the diversion there.

I have to make my bed so I can sleep in it --- I am not being philosophical, I really have to make the bed....or do I really have to - just snuggle under the duvet with my foot hanging out.

Happy Father's Day to all who are celebrating.

Chat with you tomorrow!
    Last edited by avoncallingu; Sat, Jun 17th, 2017 at 10:31 PM.
    22hicks, Lynn49, cabmonk and 3 others like this.
    Here's to all you great SC'ers
    Join Swagbucks and make $$$
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/avoncallingu

Sith Lady and Cool Kid Darth Penguin's Avatar
    Trading Score
    20 (100%)

I know how you feel @avoncallingu .

I had these tiny thoughts about how easy it would be getting rid of Mr P's stuff when he died but it's apparently much easier to get rid of mine first.

I have gotten rid of a lot of pure rubbish but sorting through his various hobbies is harder than I first thought.
    22hicks, Lynn49, JadeAngel and 4 others like this.

Short answer : no Long answer : NOOOOOOOOOOO!

Welcome to the Penguinocracy..One Penguin, One vote..I am The Penguin..I have the One Vote

Trading Score
    28 (100%)

Weird night last night around here. I heard all this stomping up and down the stairs in front of my room. I was starting to get pissed lol and was like shut the hell up. Then I get a facebook message from someone in the building asking if I knew why the ambulance was here. Then I realized what all the commotion was going to the room above me. I went into the hall and that guys room was open and police were giving the guy sh*t. Telling him to sit the f**k down and asking if he had ever been arrested. Then telling him he was stupid, do you know how dangerous that drug is. Telling him they have had 4 overdoses in the last month from it. They arrested him and left but then his door wouldn't close because it does stick a bit. They didn't know how to close it and didn't want to leave it wide open so they kicked it closed so now it's jammed shut. I saw one officer in the hall and he asked why that door was so hard to close. I said yeah I used to live in that apartment and it tends to stick and is hard to open and close. He says well he's going to have a hard time getting back in.
    22hicks, Lynn49, macw1960 and 2 others like this.

Sith Lady and Cool Kid Darth Penguin's Avatar
    Trading Score
    20 (100%)

What's all kinds of cray-cray. @cabmonk
    22hicks, Lynn49, cabmonk and 2 others like this.

Short answer : no Long answer : NOOOOOOOOOOO!

Welcome to the Penguinocracy..One Penguin, One vote..I am The Penguin..I have the One Vote

Trading Score
    28 (100%)

Yeah, at least I don't have to worry about him complaining about my tv for a few days lol. Even though my tv is low the sound carries easily to his place upstairs. One day he started yelling in the hall for me to turn my tv down. I got the landlord and the landlord said my tv was fine and gave him sh*t for yelling in the hall lol. Landlord is gone camping this weekend and won't know about the police being here until monday.
    22hicks, Lynn49, macw1960 and 2 others like this.

Trading Score
    184 (100%)

Cabbie - That sounds awful - full moon last night, though. Brings out the "looneys".
    22hicks, Lynn49, cabmonk and 2 others like this.

Trading Score
    184 (100%)

Darth- My DH had a pair of pants that he wore all the time and I hated them. Now- do you think I can put them in the "Goodwill" box? They haven't made it yet!

I was watching a program called "Still Standing" with Jonny somebody who plays Crabtree on Murdoch Mysteries - I thought it was a competition type show but actually, he visits small towns across Canada which are struggling to stay alive because their industries have closed or the fishing doesn't produce anymore and he develops a very respectable comedy show featuring the "Heart" of the town. I watched 3 in a row and was quite entertained and touched by him and the people's "fighting" spirit to keep their communities together.

Time to say "good-night" didn't get a whole lot accomplished today . My friend is coming up from Cambridge tomorrow - the one who cared for Sadie when DH was sick. She's a no nonsense minimalist like DH used to be. She'll be good at helping me pitch things.

Sadie will be pleased to see her! She has longer fingernails than I do-good for scratching behind ears!

Au revoir!
    22hicks, Lynn49, cabmonk and 3 others like this.

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Hope all of you have a wonderful day today!

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Good morning and I hope all U dads have a great Fathers Day!
    Name:  8 copy.jpg
Views: 105
Size:  49.6 KB
    Last edited by dededi; Sun, Jun 18th, 2017 at 09:50 AM.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Good morning!
    What a storm last night! So it's a soggy day out there...a good day to head hom.
    @avoncallingu ....sounds like you need a hug...GROUP HUG!!!
    @22hicks , you must be exhausted this morning after your yard sale yesterdsy! Or....don't tell me it's still on today!
    @cabmonk , sounds like you've got one scary guy living in your building....or more! Stay safe, Hon.

Happy Father's Day to all the Dads out there!

Trading Score
    28 (100%)

Yeah I always try to stay to myself. Anyway my gout acted back up and I can't really stand up again.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by cabmonk View Post
    Yeah I always try to stay to myself. Anyway my gout acted back up and I can't really stand up again.
    Oh, crap, Cabbie!! What brings on those bouts? Does anyone have any idea? Hope it passes by quickly.

We're home from camp....the kids had their friends over for the weekend, but the guy-friend was the one with the company that built their deck, so the two boys worked on the railings for a couple of days...I tell ya, those railings aren't going anywhere!!

But UGH...I'm NOT sad to be relieved of those bloody caterpillars!! The usual lovely drive down the lane to the camp which had trees enveloping the drive have totally been denuded by those caterpillars! I should have taken a pic of the forests along the way...only evergreens standing!! It looks like fall. It was a never-ending battle of shooshing them off the furniture. Besides that though, thank goodness they bought two sets of furniture for their deck, we could all settle in and chat the evenings away until the bonfires drew us to them. Both DH and I left earlier than the young-folks, but even they turned in by 11pm....camping is tiring! All that fresh air!

I hope all the Dads out there are being spoiled and are enjoying a day or rest..although if it's anything like our families the guys still do the bbq-ing...

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Lynn49 View Post
    Oh, crap, Cabbie!! What brings on those bouts? Does anyone have any idea? Hope it passes by quickly.

We're home from camp....the kids had their friends over for the weekend, but the guy-friend was the one with the company that built their deck, so the two boys worked on the railings for a couple of days...I tell ya, those railings aren't going anywhere!!

But UGH...I'm NOT sad to be relieved of those bloody caterpillars!! The usual lovely drive down the lane to the camp which had trees enveloping the drive have totally been denuded by those caterpillars! I should have taken a pic of the forests along the way...only evergreens standing!! It looks like fall. It was a never-ending battle of shooshing them off the furniture. Besides that though, thank goodness they bought two sets of furniture for their deck, we could all settle in and chat the evenings away until the bonfires drew us to them. Both DH and I left earlier than the young-folks, but even they turned in by 11pm....camping is tiring! All that fresh air!

I hope all the Dads out there are being spoiled and are enjoying a day or rest..although if it's anything like our families the guys still do the bbq-ing...
    If my DH's memory serves him well the next year after those dreaded tent caterpillars ( IF that was the type of creepy crawler they were ) comes a nasty season of flesh flies, so @Lynn49 heads up for next summer! They don't bite but they just land and sit and seem to think they are invited to the party!! So many of them come too!

babies teach us acceptance

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by walkonby View Post
    If my DH's memory serves him well the next year after those dreaded tent caterpillars ( IF that was the type of creepy crawler they were ) comes a nasty season of flesh flies, so @Lynn49 heads up for next summer! They don't bite but they just land and sit and seem to think they are invited to the party!! So many of them come too!
    ............actually, we get this invasion every 10 or so years, but even after the one we had MANY years ago when we had to torch the things off our brick home, nothing like that ever appeared.
    Actually there ARE already, friendly flies there, too!! Apparently they lay their eggs in the cucoons of the caterpillars so that their numbers diminish the next year.
    The friendly flies are mostly at the beach, but they don't seem to bother anyone, really...they don't bite, they just land on clothing and well....stay there until brushed off. They really are friendly. hahaha..yuck.

We've never had that happen there before, but apparently, according to our biologist/professor neighbour, it'll be 10 years until we see them again. So....WE'LL never see them again!! Kids might.

I'll take a friendly fly over a caterpillar anytime!!!

LIVE EVERY MIN. 2 THE MAX 22hicks's Avatar
    Trading Score
    2 (100%)

I know it's late in the day, but I wanted to wish all you Fathers & Grandfathers a Happy Father's Day. I hope you were able to spend some quality time with your children & grandchildren.

Attached Images Attached Images  

Thread Information