User Tag List

Page 298 of 1954 FirstFirst ... 198 248 288 296 297 298 299 300 308 348 398 798 1298 ... LastLast
Results 4,456 to 4,470 of 29298
Like Tree118407Likes

Thread: Chat-a-Thon 2017-18 Thread!

LIVE EVERY MIN. 2 THE MAX 22hicks's Avatar
    Trading Score
    2 (100%)

Blue Jays sign Marco Estrada to one-year, $13-million extension.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by 22hicks View Post
    Glad you're feeling better today @Lynn49. Nice to hear your DD's voice, and know she's safe & sound.
    Gorgeous & sunny here today. Can't believe we had to wait till Sept. to arrive before we got any summer.

What an awful night @avoncallingu, but of course chocolate is worth it !! Have a nap today.
    Isn't the weather wonderful, @22hicks?! It was calling for rain today, but as usual, it's above and below us, at least so far, so it's a gorgeous sunny day. I was out on the deck with the two pups for about a half hour, and when I brought them in they both had fresh water and now they're crashed out in their beds here in the computer room...time for me to check out Pinterest and play a game for a while! Yay, me!

Hope you're feeling well today, Hon....give Jake a scruffle and big hug for me!!

Trading Score
    184 (100%)

Heard a squealing sound outside right by my window -now skunk smell all through the house even though the windows are closed. I actually fell back to sleep when it first happened then got up and went to get a glass of water and whammy! The living room smelled super badly! I have looked up "cures" and currently have bowls of vinegar all around and fans blowing + disinfectant spray but I surely hope the carpet doesn't smell of it! I have read columns of "how to"s and tomorrow morning, I will call the superintendent to go and check if there is a specific spot to be dealt with outside. (I almost said "I" will go look but that's what I pay rent for, right?)

I may have to wash all my bedding and cushions, though. BrotherR 's room doesn't seem to smell but maybe I was just getting used to the smell as I walked around.

Ain't life great? But the answer to that is.....Yes it is!!!

Good night-ish!

Trading Score
    5 (100%)

Skunk is the worse smell so strong you cannot breath,not a nice thing to wake up to.

Was on the run so much yesterday I thought it was Friday! but its only Thursday. Lots to do today also getting ready for a trip to Montreal will be staying at my brothers and well my brother and his home are in need of some TLC so I hope to deliver some of that. I live in a small village near Lac Megantic and not use to the big city anymore so even crossing the street in MTL is going to give me nightmares. I am so gratefull to a neighbor and friend who is bringing me right to the door of my brothers place. Talking about Lac Megantic I was there yesterday doing my shopping and well I just love that small city the people are so darn nice you can talk to just about anyone there. The leaves are almost full Autumn colors over here and the weather is amazing have a great day everyone.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    65 (100%)

Good morning everyone .hope your Wednesday was great. I know the feeling @avoncallingu about the skunk it seems as though the love my neighbourhood. More work for u to do now. @ lynn49 I can imagine how happy u were yo hear your DD voice thanks for technology. @22hicks abd@cabmonk hope u are feeling better. Have a great every everyone

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

wanted to get out and grab a little of this and that this morning but naturally both stores don't open till 9 a.m.
    I must say that is probably one reason I do like WM...open at 7 a.m.

Our poor Jays last night, Anderson just let too many runs score too early. God thing I was not watching but just flipping back and forth. That devastation in Puerto Rico! No power anywhere at all there, and the horrific earthquake disaster in Mexico...
    I have no idea how so many people are going to recover from these many natural disasters occurring back to back.
    The flooding is now another threat.

babies teach us acceptance

Trading Score
    2 (100%)

Good morning every1. Boy, these wonderful days keep on coming.
    I hope you enjoy yours.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Trading Score
    2 (100%)

I hope you enjoy your trip to Montreal & visit with your DB @bluerose .

Trading Score
    2 (100%)

Has anyone heard from @Natalka ? She hasn't posted in a week.

Trading Score
    4 (100%)

morning gang.
    Newfiescreech, 22hicks and Lynn49 like this.
    DANGER

Trading Score
    5 (100%)

Natalka were are you ? hope all is okay Thanks 22hicks will be good for me.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Good morning, everyone!

Well, another day in paradise, @danger_dan! It only rained overnight and it's a gorgeous 23 here this morning!
    I hope it's just as perfect where you are! So sunny here!

@22hicks, good morning! I have a suspicion that Natalka may have finally been admited to a hospital...at least I hope so, to allow her to get the care she needs to get healthy again. Keeping her in my prayers....

@walkonby, omgosh, I also can't even begin to imagine how on earth a country like Puerto Rico, literally flattened by those hurricanes, without any infrastructure, no power, no feul, in deep debt even before those storms, could ever come to life as a vibrant economy again! If I had family there, they'd be here asap for good. So terribly sad.

Everyone, have a lovely day! So blessed to live in Canada!
    Last edited by Lynn49; Thu, Sep 21st, 2017 at 12:49 PM.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

@avoncallingu ....just another day for you, isn't it? Dang!!! I hope you find a solution to your odourous problem!

Otoh...maybe she was just looking for a new home...?

Trading Score
    2 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by avoncallingu View Post
    Heard a squealing sound outside right by my window -now skunk smell all through the house even though the windows are closed. I actually fell back to sleep when it first happened then got up and went to get a glass of water and whammy! The living room smelled super badly! I have looked up "cures" and currently have bowls of vinegar all around and fans blowing + disinfectant spray but I surely hope the carpet doesn't smell of it! I have read columns of "how to"s and tomorrow morning, I will call the superintendent to go and check if there is a specific spot to be dealt with outside. (I almost said "I" will go look but that's what I pay rent for, right?)

I may have to wash all my bedding and cushions, though. BrotherR 's room doesn't seem to smell but maybe I was just getting used to the smell as I walked around.

Ain't life great? But the answer to that is.....Yes it is!!!

Good night-ish!
    Oh my @avoncallingu, I feel for you. I know what that's like.
    3 years ago, over Thanksgiving w/end, Jake was sprayed in the face on the Saturday night, just before we were to go to bed, then, exactly the same again on the Monday night.
    I tried everything; the internet, pet smart, friends, nothing worked. I had to hire cleaners to come, wash walls, carpets, drapery, bedding, all the clothing & linens from drawers & closets. What a nightmare.
    The same for Jake; nothing worked. Every time he got wet for the next year, he smelled of skunk. It got right into his pours and mouth, but his eyes were the worst.
    You'd think he'd have learned the 1st time, but no.

Hopefully, you won't have to go through the same thing, and the house will mostly air itself out.
    Good luck my friend.
    Newfiescreech, Lynn49 and walkonby like this.

Trading Score
    184 (100%)

I may take a world cruise! Skunks don't get on ships do they? Lynn- you can certainly KEEP your little skunky friend - and get it a nice skunk-sitter when you visit next week, will you please.

Isn't it mousey day?

Hicks - luckily we didn't interact directly with the skunk as Jake, poor thing, did. But I took a walk outside and the encounter must have happened directly beside my bedroom window which is only about a foot from the ground and then again outside my brother's window.

I am meeting with old co-workers and long-time friends this afternoon for a tea break and then will get started washing bedding etc. I can smell it on my pillow and sheets.

The hospital in Woodstock where I will have my knee injection done phoned to say that the Dr. who was scheduled to do it "left the province". ( With how many police on his tail? is what I want to know.)

And so another Dr. will do the procedure so the date has been changed to next Friday.

Busy week next week -but this will be better as it won't be right before the wedding that I am slated to do.

Someone in CHATHAM bought the winning $6 million ticket for I'm not sure what but I hope it's someone I've been kind to.

See you later, folks!
    Newfiescreech, 22hicks and Lynn49 like this.

Thread Information