User Tag List

Page 619 of 1957 FirstFirst ... 119 519 569 609 617 618 619 620 621 629 669 719 1119 1619 ... LastLast
Results 9,271 to 9,285 of 29349
Like Tree118512Likes

Thread: Chat-a-Thon 2017-18 Thread!

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Morning, everyone!!
    What a fun campground dinner and dance last night!
    DH requested the song, "My Church", and the dj announced that it was a request from a Dad to his Daughter, and omg, they danced together and it was so special...they were alone...sniff...she was so surprised and so happy! It was a lovely night with so many young people up and dancing!
    Cute story: our GS's little friend, Autumn, asked hime to dance with her and he was laughing and protesting, so she yelled, "Just pretend you're my husband!", lol.....he said he's not, and ran off with her chasing him! Later, he, Autumn, and our DD danced the "floss dance" tigether...too cute!

Today seems a wee bit quieter........but another gorgeous day.

@Natalka , crap, huh? Two steps forward, one step back. I hooe your BP has settled down by now...is your breathing being a little compromised by your air quality, perhaps? So many things can chamge up our BPs. I hope you have a lovely day, Hon.

@walkonby , I too, love Spanish rice....I believe that you can seal some up in a baggie and mail it. I don't think that CP would mind.....

Everyone, have a beautiful Sunday!
    Natalka, walkonby and danger_dan like this.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

...double post....
    Last edited by Lynn49; Sun, Aug 19th, 2018 at 05:03 PM.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

...triple post.....stupid tablet posting from camp....or not....maybe it was just magic!
    Last edited by Lynn49; Sun, Aug 19th, 2018 at 05:04 PM.
    walkonby likes this.

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Oh, Lynn, those are both so very nice! Glad you are having such a good time!

What a crap night I had, just could not get to sleep until the wee hours... So little sleep on top of all the pain is just gross. I will try to sleep later.

I don't think the outside air quality affects me, I keep everything shut.
    I'm just eager to see what my vitals are today, the nurse can come anytime but she said she would call ahead. They are always really busy on weekends.

So the 16th was my oldest sister's 42nd wedding anniversary. I was the flower girl, I was eight. Got to wear an absolutely beautiful medium pink satin gown, with the most fabulous pink shoes which had a big flower with petals on each.
    Today is her husband's birthday.

Another birthday, that gives me a sad - my younger brother +Andrew, who didn't make it to 47.

I
    Name:  FB_IMG_1534696548497.jpg
Views: 81
Size:  389.5 KB

The cutest kid ever

Name:  FB_IMG_1534696344932.jpg
Views: 126
Size:  247.7 KB

He was a huge mustang guy, did racing once in a while

Name:  FB_IMG_1534696859604.jpg
Views: 77
Size:  234.5 KB

With our niece, most recent pic
    Last edited by Natalka; Sun, Aug 19th, 2018 at 12:54 PM.
    Lynn49, walkonby and danger_dan like this.

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

awwww, @Natalka the parts of our brains that can retain the love and memories of family we have lost, and in your case way to soon for your brother. ((hugs )) Hoping for great results on BOTH of your readings today ( BP and heart rate )
    Yesterday there was a celebration of Ukrainian Independence at Centennial Park here, dancing, food, the usual....ha ha
    I managed to watch some of the coverage on the news.

I took the lazy ( but very economical ) route for meals today. Just finished roasting up 2 whole fresh chickens that I bought at NF for $5.80 a piece, then filled the pan with some clean white new potatoes ( 10 lbs for $1.97 ) Broccoli I'll steam later on, they were just .97 ea!
    Enjoy your Sunday everyone.
    Natalka, Lynn49 and danger_dan like this.

babies teach us acceptance

Trading Score
    184 (100%)

Hello, folks! I'm resting in between commitments today. We had a terrific church service this morning and the sanctuary was full! (It was a joint service of 4 congregations as we do in the summer.) Our day to host. I made some tarts and helped with various parts of the service.

Then, at 5:30, it's my Butterfly Conservatory wedding. Trying to think of the really coolest thing that I can respectfully wear.

Lynn, I remember that song! Great for father and daughter to dance to!

Natalka -sending best wishes that all those "systems" can get themselves coordinated and bring back your wellness!

Flemeth, I went to "Thrift on Kent" yesterday to nose around for a bit and found a few things that I absolutely couldn't live without. I had my eyes open to see mother-daughter combinations -hoping that I might see you. I wasn't sure when you might be coming totown. It would have been a fluke, but a nice one.

Walks, -it wasn't THAT kind of "joint service". A few eyebrows raised when the visiting minister said that Jesus was "The original bad-ass."- shook a few folks out of their slumbers!

Tootie 's system has been off again. Been adding pumpkin and today, vegetable oil to her food. Her back end doesn't take much to get out of whack, poor thing.

She's snoozing with me, at the moment. She won't like the fact that I have to go out again.

My BrotherR is back in town having had a good conference. And my nephew is back from camp counseling so I will see the whole family after this wedding for a while. Then everyone scatters again this week. It's my step-daughter's step-daughter's birthday today. I'm not directly her grandma, but I phoned and sang her "Happy Birthday," into the machine, as they were out.

It's also my sister and brother-in-law's 2nd anniversary. It was one of my husband's goals to walk her down the aisle, and he did, god bless him!

Well, I have bored you long enough! Got to have a shower and get moving in a little while!

Enjoy the day!
    Natalka, Lynn49 and walkonby like this.

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Well, I came on here after I explained everything to my husband, and am done crying.

Thank goodness I have had the nurse I did these two days. Yes they are all good, but she's a special one.

Bad news. Heartrate is 40, blood pressure is 160. Nurse called the doc, who will come see me tomorrow. Nurse made sure I knew I was not in danger today, if I were she would ensure I got to the hospital. The doc said the same. It's the high and low numbers compensating - the nurse explained it well in layman's terms so I understood.

Nurse's guess is the doc will try medicate first, because the next step would be a pacemaker.

Sigh!
    Lynn49, walkonby and danger_dan like this.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Natalka View Post
    Well, I came on here after I explained everything to my husband, and am done crying.

Thank goodness I have had the nurse I did these two days. Yes they are all good, but she's a special one.

Bad news. Heartrate is 40, blood pressure is 160. Nurse called the doc, who will come see me tomorrow. Nurse made sure I knew I was not in danger today, if I were she would ensure I got to the hospital. The doc said the same. It's the high and low numbers compensating - the nurse explained it well in layman's terms so I understood.

Nurse's guess is the doc will try medicate first, because the next step would be a pacemaker.

Sigh!
    Hi, @Natalka....Nat, a week or so ago I was wondering when they'd get to the "pacemaker" discussion; I felt it was coming.

Although I'd hate the thought of you going through such a surgery, my DH's friend has had one for a gazillion years (almost) and is still going strong...I hope and pray that IF you make the decision to go through with it, that it will be a complete success, and that with a more normal heart-beat even your circulation problems will be solved wrt your legs. If your heart isn't beating strongly or well enough to pump blood to your extremeties, it could cause a lot of problems...perhaps even hinder healing, and absolutely fatigue.

I'm sure you're feeling pretty damn scared right now, not to mention helpless with all that's been going on, but you will get through this, I know it!!

Here's a hug for you!

AND a smile for you!!
    Last edited by Lynn49; Sun, Aug 19th, 2018 at 05:41 PM.

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Lynn, I needed the hug and the smile! And the encouragement from you, and everyone.
    The nurse explained the pacemaker in detail, and I know it would be good.

BTW, the nurse did say that I need to take it easy and be careful, and that there should be no dancing tonight, lol!
    I did do some veggie prep for supper, but ever so sloooooowly.

Hoping for sleep tonight, I need that more than anything right now.

Have a nice evening, everyone!

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    65 (100%)

Good evening all . What a crazy weekend for me and my family @avoncallingu I was in Town but didn’t make it to the thrift shop. My DD insisted on going to Ikea in Burlington first to see some of stuff. The owner of the house Decided to furnish the living room and kitchen. So that would save the girls a lot of money.My DD bedroom will need a closet and writing desk . So those are now the 2 big ticket item I have to look for. @Natalka hope you have a better day tomorrow and that the numbers for your heart and BP is better. Just Hoping and praying that you have some good news when the Dr come tomorrow. Hope everyone else are having a great weekend

Trading Score
    184 (100%)

Oh, Natalka! I feel your emotion! My mum had a pacemaker and it really made the difference for her! I totally agree with all that @Lynn49 has said. Soon, you need relief SOON from all that you are going through!

Well, two more happy couples off on their married lives! I am pooped but I have a couple of catch-up things to do. My BrotherB and his wife invited me for supper after I finished the wedding this evening. Tootie was HOPPING (literally) happy to see me and skipped along the sidewalk.

The whole damn family was there - their puppy was so glad to have all his "boys" home!

I am going to do some paperwork and then relax. I have a promise to drive friend to Hamilton tomorrow to catch a flight to BC.

Life just keeps rushing by!

Thinking about all of you and sending you wonderful vibes of happiness!
    Here's to all you great SC'ers
    Join Swagbucks and make $$$
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/avoncallingu

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    65 (100%)

Good morning everyone. Will be busy this morning having company for lunch and after have a Dr appointment that I have to get to. Hope you all enjoy your weekend. Have an awesome Mo day all

Trading Score
    4 (100%)

Good morning all.

@Natalka , I'm glad to hear you're in good hands and the Nurses and Docs are taking good care of you.

Is there such a things as a weekend for the weekend? I'm just wiped from the past weekend. Two puppies...that are the size of full adult dogs, with all the energy of young pups...

Forecast looks like it's going to be a pretty nice week.
    Cooler nip in the air...Hey @Lynn49 ...what's the day count down at!?

@GoJays , whenever you drop on in, Good Morning.

Have a wonderful day folks.
    Natalka, Lynn49, GoJays and 1 others like this.
    DANGER

Trading Score
    184 (100%)

Good morning folks! Hears a little ear-worm for you...
    "It's that time of year when the world falls in love.."
    As soon as I read your comment to @Lynn49 , Dan, that popped into my head!

Lots of tidying to do after a fast paced weekend. Got hugs and kisses from my two nephews as they played their video games. Good to see them, though!

Off to Hamilton today a quick turn around because Tootie will be "Home Alone".

Thinking of you today, Nat. and everyone. Have a terrific Monday!
    Natalka, Lynn49, walkonby and 1 others like this.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Good morning, everyone!!!!
    @danger_dan ....127 days!!
    @Natalka , I hope you slept comfortably last night and that you're not in pain this morning. So who's coming to visit today?

On the good news front, I'm feeling almost like my 'ol self this morning as it feels like my fibro-flare-up has departed, hopefully for a long while, so I can get some stuff done today.

I hope the day is kind to all of you!!! Toodles for now!

Happy mouse-Monday!!

Natalka, walkonby and danger_dan like this.

Thread Information