User Tag List

Page 760 of 1959 FirstFirst ... 260 660 710 750 758 759 760 761 762 770 810 860 1260 1760 ... LastLast
Results 11,386 to 11,400 of 29379
Like Tree118556Likes

Thread: Chat-a-Thon 2017-18 Thread!

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

I read the book last year but never focused on this plot-line. I read somewhere else that Dickens didn't say his mother died giving birth to Scrooge, so why did his father hate him so much? Did the movies take liberties with that relationship??

The plot thickens...so to speak....
    Newfiescreech and cabmonk like this.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Newfiescreech, Natalka and cabmonk like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    65 (100%)

@cabmonk so sorry to hear about your Aunt sister
    Newfiescreech, Lynn49 and cabmonk like this.

Trading Score
    28 (100%)

Thanks, will be nice to still go visit tomorrow. Even though I wish it was under different circumstances.
    Newfiescreech and Lynn49 like this.

Trading Score
    9 (100%)

Putting the fun back in dysfunctional

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Koolio, that's lovely!

We are all well fed and relaxing. Nothing else.

Hoping you all have a nice sleep and that Santa is good to you tomorrow.

Our son will come back into the city tomorrow afternoon for our usual snackie style early supper thingamajiggy - just bits and bobs like shrimp, oysters, kolbassas, ham, cheeses, dips and spreads, etc.
    I will see how much I can get done tomorrow on my own.

Milan was a true Christmas angel today with all the help he gave, plus husband did as well. Our meal was fabulously yummy!

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Good morning, Happy Christmas!

Wow I was last and now I am first...

Truth is, I only could fall asleep after five, I will try again right away. I had only about 20 mins of sleep earlier, was awake the rest of the night. It's awful.

Blessings to you all on this Christmas Day! Have fun today!

The icon of The Nativity

Name:  .facebook_1545660338913.jpg
Views: 122
Size:  79.6 KB
    Last edited by Natalka; Tue, Dec 25th, 2018 at 07:42 AM.

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

Hi @Natalka I am also here....the gang are all in Dreamland atm. We did our gifts after midnight after we returned from seeing ( shameless drool....) Jason Momoa in Aquaman!! It was a pretty long movie but done very well.
    I am stealing another idea from @Lynn49 !! I am cooking the leftover stuffing ( the mountain of it I made up that refuses to fit into the bird ) in my crockpot! What a great idea! Saves me oven space. Thanks Lynn.

We are going to eat later in the aft. this year. It was not planned that way initially but everyone ate so much last night that they all said " no more! " ha ha ha
    So we'll delay it a few hours and give all of our tummies a chance to recover.

Enjoy the day all!!!

babies teach us acceptance

Trading Score
    9 (100%)

Merry Christmas

Putting the fun back in dysfunctional

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    65 (100%)

Merry Christmas to all my SC friends. @Natalka hope you get some much needed rest.
    Well my DH sister would not have it with me not being there with the rest of the family for Christmas. I guess the all want my germs so I will be going over later in the evening for our family Christmas get together. I will try not get everyone else sick. knock on wood no one else in my house is sick .
    Everyone enjoy the festivities. As my grandma would say eat drink and be Merry

Trading Score
    28 (100%)

Merry Christmas to everyone. Hope you are all having a good day. I will be going to my cousin's for dinner in a few hours. It was a weird Christmas Eve since I was just alone. I still listened to Christmas music and watched the santa tracker.

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

@flemeth I am glad you are going!

I had a bit more of a sleep while my husband went to Christmas Liturgy. He was sweet to have brought me a piece of blessed bread which people get after they get a blessing with holy oil after the service.

I had asked him to take the cream cheese out of the fridge for it to soften before I made a layered dip - but the cream cheese has disappeared! He said he would go buy some, Shoppers is open and it's close, but I said no, it's okay I can make another type of dip without it. But THAT dip is so good, says he, so he went to the store. It's rare that he says he really, really likes something, so I appreciated this!

So we will have a very light lunch of leftovers, then get things started for later. The only thing which needs cooking is making the quiche tarts, so he will have to do up the bacon, I will direct (lol!) the making of the mixture, and he will bake them. I am able to do a lot of the other prep, cutting and arranging.
    Oh, he will have to do the shrimp - will need a sink for that.

Have a fabulous day, everyone!

Trading Score
    184 (100%)

Merry Christmas, my friends!

Cabbie, sorry about your family circumstances! When a serious illness gets tagged onto Christmas, it leaves sad memories to add to future good ones.

Nat- you are a troupe trying to make the holidays festive as you can!

I had to delay going to my BrotherB 's this morning. I had been up so late and then up so early wrapping that I hit a wall about 10 this morning and had to get an hour's sleep.

I am home again resting and icing my back, having taken Tootie out. I will go back soon for yummy Christmas dinner and some family fun.

Took some major pain meds-hope I don't nod off and miss supper @ my BrotherB ' s

Hope all your Christmas wishes come true !

Trading Score
    28 (100%)

It ended pretty early and people wanted to head back to the hospital. Some people were a bit on edge but overall things went well. Still nice to be there with family.

Anyway I'm going to check out the bargain shop tomorrow. They say everything in store is 50% off tomorrow excluding things like gift cards, tobacco etc.
    Newfiescreech and Lynn49 like this.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by Lynn49 View Post
    Hi, everyone!!

Seems strange to be checking in so late, but it's been a weird day, feeling like I hit a wall in the morning and never recovered from it. No energy to do much today and I'm hoping it's just because I've over-done it the past couple of weeks. January will be quieter as I enter into my winter hybernation.

@Newfiescreech, you all sure know how to party!! A pre-pre Christmas day party!! Seems like a lot of fun, but do people actually get into it and do that? Honestly I could only take so much partying in my old age... My first glass of wine Christmas day will be at dinner, the earlier part of the day, afternoon will be dedicated to non-alcoholic punch...thank you, Walks, for that recipe idea! It doesn't seem to be too sweet which would be too sickly if I had too much of it. iykwim.

@Natalka, I hope your new mattress is in place, that you'll find it comfy, and that you'll have a really good night's sleep tonight.

@walkonby, that Hall & Oats thing flew right over my head. I was thinking....who'd put cough drops in their porridge??!! I couldn't name them even if I heard the song and I can't even think of another song they were famous for. Apparently I wasn't into their music although I enjoyed that song.

Well....off to bed after the game is over and likely before.

Sweet dreams, everyone!!!
    Merry Christmas Lynn ..Yes !! Tibs Eve is very popular here in Newfoundland..we do celebrate this ever year with our friends ..but hey i dont get smashed drunk 🥴 cause next day i have lots to do around here ..we eat lots of Newfie foods , squid rings deep fried ,bottle mussels, crab , lobster, seal flippers ,cod tongues etc. Everyone brings so much food to munch on while having few drinks and mingle with friends we haven’t seen in while and dance night away to lots of Newfie music and Christmas music ..its always late night or should i say we dont leave until morning LOL 😝 next morning your dragging your body around cause your so tired and still got lots do before Christmas Eve comes ..but it’s always lots and lots of fun ..try not to missed it every year .
    Lynn49, cabmonk, walkonby and 1 others like this.

Thread Information