User Tag List

Page 1411 of 1958 FirstFirst ... 411 911 1311 1361 1401 1409 1410 1411 1412 1413 1421 1461 1511 1911 ... LastLast
Results 21,151 to 21,165 of 29357
Like Tree118520Likes

Thread: Chat-a-Thon 2017-18 Thread!

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Greetings, all!

Gosh, only Monday? Feels like a week since Saturday...

Saturday before bed - I checked my nekkid leg, and be darned if there wasn't a patch of skin which felt different. Husband came and checked and - GRR... There was a big blister, not very high but a few inches by a few inches. Geez, I have just been on a stocking for a week! He bandaged me up so Sunday I could still get a stocking over it.

Nurse came this morning - the blister was much smaller and hadn't popped. She put a med on it (medical salt to draw out the moisture), and I had to be back in Cobands. The left leg was great, still all healed, so I am back the way I was two weeks ago.

A home care public health nurse called not long after to see if I still wanted the flu shot. She did mine, and she offered to do my husband's as well, so that saved him a trip out.

Just finished doing the veggies to roast with chicken pieces - onions, carrots, and potatoes. I did rest in between, yet still got out of breath.

I gained a pound since last week - doesn't faze me at all since I was even more than double the weight I am now. Nurse gave a stern reminder of Protein, Protein, Protein!

Hope you all had a lovely day!

Today our temp was plus low teens, and will be that way until Friday - then the forecast is for lower temps and three days of snow - that just might be the snow that stays.

So very awesome - it's the tryzub, trident in English, symbol of Ukrainians.

Name:  facebook_1604199409432_6728499999779628230.jpg
Views: 134
Size:  74.7 KB
    Last edited by Natalka; Mon, Nov 2nd, 2020 at 07:52 PM.

Trading Score
    184 (100%)

Hi folks! I am on the surgical ward of the local hospital hoping that the iv antibiotics they are giving me will get rid of the 4cm abcess on my colon or they may have to do surgery. This all came as a big surprise last evening.

My nephew has moved into my apartment to take care of Tootie and my friend is helping.

The weather has been terrible but warming up tomorrow.

Fingers crossed and prayers said. They won't let me eat solid food.
    In a 4 person ward which has it's challenges.

Take care Keep warm

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

@avoncallingu Oh My!!! I was just on my way back up to bed ( nap earlier ) and stopped in to read a few posts.
    I sure hope those antibiotics reduce that abscess! Feel better, oh gosh I hope you don't need surgery.
    danger_dan likes this.

babies teach us acceptance

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Glad to hear your one leg is doing so well @Natalka , too bad the other one can't take a cue from the first, eh?

Fingers are definitely crossed for no surgery @avoncallingu ! Good luck!
    Natalka, walkonby and danger_dan like this.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Natalka, Lynn49, JadeAngel and 2 others like this.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Natalka, Lynn49, walkonby and 1 others like this.

Trading Score
    4 (100%)

morning gang.
    SC (the site as a whole) has definitely gone wayward...

Simply out of curiosity (and maybe a bit of nostalgia looking at reliques of the old SC system)...I was looking down at the bottom of the of the webpage...you know, here:

Name:  Screenshot 2020-11-03 071025.jpg
Views: 109
Size:  163.8 KB

So I clicked on one of the tags I wasn't familiar with, which brought me tto the landing page where that tag shows up in other threads...

Turns out the "Last Poster Wins $__" thread had been up for 7 years now! I don't think the Mods care much about expiring threads and giving away free money much anymore...the last "Last Poster Wins $__" thread before this current one lasted 2 years.

Our thread here isn't any better...in some ways I kind of wish it was still 2017-2018! (with all the BS going on right now...pandemics and elections...politics, hot topic, for another place and time)
    We're only about 4K shy of posts in this thread before we hit the milestone number when our last thread was shut down.

Regardless of what obscure numbers we hit, or how outdated our platform gets, I'm glad that we've all found, and stayed together at our little round table in a back nook of the internet

Have a great day everyone!
    Last edited by danger_dan; Tue, Nov 3rd, 2020 at 07:11 AM.
    Natalka, Lynn49, GoJays and 1 others like this.
    DANGER

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    65 (100%)

Good morning all @avoncallingu Hoping that the antibiotics work and you don’t have to do surgery .Good luck and I will be thinking about you

@Natalka glad to hear that one of your leg is on the mend. Hoping that the other leg also starting healing soon .I am always thinking of you my friend.
    Natalka, Lynn49 and danger_dan like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    65 (100%)

Today is a much better day weather wise went for a long walk already I need it for my mental health.
    Natalka, Lynn49, walkonby and 1 others like this.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Good morning!

@Natalka , you just can't seem to catch a break; you win battles but the war drags on. I hope that new sore heals quickly with little pain.

@danger_dan , you're so right, the technology here us so outdated and frustrating at times. I feel like I should collect the emails of our little group (I think I have most) in case this thing collapses entirely. How will we find each other if it does? We've come to care about each other so much over the years. Maybe set up a private FB page? Take care, Hon.

So, election day down there, hm? I won't be watching, I'll stick to my pvr'd Hallmark movies.

One more gift for our GS arriving today, 3 x 3D puzzles of Diagon Alley. I was considering Hogwarts castle but it's all so beige! These new edition ones are so bright and colorful. I just hope the Siamese sisters actually allow him to put them together, lol! I just wish I could find the tiny figurines.

Cold, miserable out there, so it's pretty easy to stay in. Our DD's usual morning Walks will be on the treadmill they ordered. It's bitter cold out there.

Stay safe, everyone!
    Natalka, JadeAngel, GoJays and 1 others like this.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

@danger_dan!!! Help?

Last evening I took a few photos of pics on our gallery wall to send to someone. I took them, sat down to view them, but there was a photo there that I did NOT take!
    We don't know who it is, it's a very old black and white photo of a man from like the 1940s-ish!
    And he looks mean.

OK...our DD asked me to send it to her, which I did, and when she opened it, there was a video of the Statler Brothers!! So I hit the photo in my gallery and yep...a Statler bros video of photos and one of them is the one in my gallery.

So the question now is: how did a video of that group pop into my gallery? I haven't had a thought of them in about 10 years!

Can pictures appear in my gallery from other people?!
    Last edited by Lynn49; Tue, Nov 3rd, 2020 at 10:42 AM.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Natalka, Silk, GoJays and 3 others like this.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Natalka, Silk, GoJays and 2 others like this.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Uggh

What a crap weekend.

I am going to relax to tutorials about how to decorate on the cheap, improve my new garden and improve my back entertainment areas....then binge the news about the elections.

Hope everyone had a great day.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Lynn49 and danger_dan like this.

Trading Score
    184 (100%)

Halloween gremlins@Lynn49
    @Natalka - sure hoping those legs of yours get coordinated so they both heal at the same time.
    It's supposed to warm up here over the next few days but it looks like I will be observing it from in here.

My friend Shirley is going to come and get Tootie tomorrow and take care of her until I can walk with her again.

Lots to think about. I will have to isolate when I get home, anyway.

Take care.

Hoping for my evening pain meds and then I will try to have a walk in the hall.

Goals go from "hoping to save the world," to "hoping I can get to the nurses' station and back."

Excuse my whining!

Take care!
    Natalka, Lynn49, walkonby and 2 others like this.

Thread Information