User Tag List

Page 1546 of 1957 FirstFirst ... 546 1046 1446 1496 1536 1544 1545 1546 1547 1548 1556 1596 1646 ... LastLast
Results 23,176 to 23,190 of 29342
Like Tree118509Likes

Thread: Chat-a-Thon 2017-18 Thread!

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by GoJays View Post
    So deflated.....

Unfortunately I've seen too much of this with parents of human kids. I've been so tempted to shake parents by the throat when they're with their kids at a restaurant, noses in their phones, ignoring the kids who sit there quite alone eating their burgers. Saddest thing ever. Worst interference of family life ever.
    Natalka, GoJays, walkonby and 2 others like this.

Trading Score
    4 (100%)

Hi all.
    Busy day so far!

Was able to call back in and get our vaccination shots re-scheduled to a location that is closer to home! (about a week later, but still...much closer)

have a wonderful day folks
    Natalka, Lynn49 and GoJays like this.
    DANGER

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

@Lynn49 - this extra knee pain with which I am dealing is relatively new. About a month ago, it came on - I could not move my leg without going into painful hysterics in that middle of the night, for three hours. It went away just as it came on, no clue as to why/how.
    A few weeks ago, it came back, lasted several days but not as severe.

Now I have it, it's been over a week. Sometimes it's just a pain I can deal with, other times it's debilitating... Husband sometimes has to cradle my foot and move it from me being in bed to sitting up.
    I also cannot stand at all, because my knee just can't take the weight. I do try, knowing our can suck up a hell of a lot of pain, but it's that is just isn't possible.
    My physiotherapist examined it, saw where the swelling was - not at all where my 'normal' right pain which is chondromalacia patella as well as psoriatic arthritis. She had no clue.

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

@walkonby - I have watched all the different Law and Orders from the beginning. I was quite excited to watch the new series - however, after watching the first episode, I was totally turned off. Meloni's character was so totally different than how he was in SVU - now I find him awful and hard.
    I will give it another chance, though!

Happy Wednesday, everyone!

I am SO jealous of those of you who are getting plants and gardening; I miss it so very much!

I am grateful today's temp is in low teens, two days over 30 were awful!
    My sister is Edmonton got wet snow, which she said was weighing heavily on her chokecherry blossoms. Brother in N. Alberta also got snow.

Have a great day, each of you.

Name:  facebook_1621450265924_6800855336166115733.jpg
Views: 110
Size:  46.0 KB
    Last edited by Natalka; Wed, May 19th, 2021 at 04:24 PM.
    GoJays and danger_dan like this.

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Name:  facebook_1621452218154_6800863524413342644.jpg
Views: 114
Size:  654.0 KB

Wild orchids in Carpathia, Ukraine - saw photos of fields of them, but chose this one to show them up close
    Last edited by Natalka; Wed, May 19th, 2021 at 04:28 PM.
    Lynn49 and lizzie bargain like this.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Natalka View Post
    @Lynn49 - this extra knee pain with which I am dealing is relatively new. About a month ago, it came on - I could not move my leg without going into painful hysterics in that middle of the night, for three hours. It went away just as it came on, no clue as to why/how.
    A few weeks ago, it came back, lasted several days but not as severe.

Now I have it, it's been over a week. Sometimes it's just a pain I can deal with, other times it's debilitating... Husband sometimes has to cradle my foot and move it from me being in bed to sitting up.
    I also cannot stand at all, because my knee just can't take the weight. I do try, knowing our can suck up a hell of a lot of pain, but it's that is just isn't possible.
    My physiotherapist examined it, saw where the swelling was - not at all where my 'normal' right pain which is chondromalacia patella as well as psoriatic arthritis. She had no clue.
    So much to deal with, @Natalka , but at least eventually recovery from condromalacia patella is possible, but I guess it can take quite some with the arthritis. I hope it's sooner rather than later, Nat.
    Natalka likes this.

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

@Natalka I think Meloni's character is presenting differently ( as you say awful and hard ) because he is in absolute agony with grief over his wife's death? I have nothing to compare his present portrayal of this character with since this is the only L & O series I've watched BUT if you ever saw him in any of the episodes of a crazy show called Happy....you would say he sure seems subdued in Law & Order Organized Crime compared to his role as Nick Sax in Happy.
    I am not even joking, it was a nutso series! The voice of the imaginary dragon is Patton Oswald! ha ha

Name:  Happy.jpg
Views: 91
Size:  22.4 KB
    Last edited by walkonby; Thu, May 20th, 2021 at 01:35 AM.
    Natalka, Lynn49 and danger_dan like this.

babies teach us acceptance

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Lynn49, walkonby and danger_dan like this.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Natalka, Lynn49, walkonby and 1 others like this.

Trading Score
    24 (100%)

Happy NHL Playoffs Game One Maple Leafs vs Montreal Canadiens Day!!

Name:  Leafs vs Habs.jpg
Views: 100
Size:  75.1 KB

I had to make up fish burger patties today, using up the leftover cooked basa meat. Totally forgot when I fried up these basa steaks the other day that DH has stopped taking any fish into work for his meals.
    Apparently microwaved fish can create tension in the break room LOL!!!
    These patties will be noshed on during the game tonight.
    Last edited by walkonby; Thu, May 20th, 2021 at 12:55 PM.
    Lynn49 and danger_dan like this.

Trading Score
    4 (100%)

Another busy one...seems like it's always like this before you take a week of holiday's...
    I'm off next week (stay-cation) thank you covid-19...

Have a wonderful day peeps!
    Natalka, Lynn49, GoJays and 1 others like this.
    DANGER

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Hoping you all have a lovely Tuesday!

So Monday we had the a/c on, today the heat. Oh, Saskatchewan!

Today is Vyshyvanka Day internationally - that word means embroidered clothing. Very meaningful customs and traditions, designs come from different regions of Ukraine and have special meanings. It's lovely going online and seeing what Ukrainians around the world are wearing.

I didn't have an embroidered blouse as an adult, just when I was a kid Ukrainian dancing - and I don't even have that, nor any part of my costume, they were given to younger nieces.

My +Mom in a blouse all four of us daughters helped to embroider.
    I don't know the year, but those glasses should help me place the date. I can't remember if it was for a special birthday, maybe? I will have to ask an older sister.

Name:  received_1111482246040455.jpeg
Views: 77
Size:  20.2 KB
    Last edited by Natalka; Thu, May 20th, 2021 at 03:38 PM.
    Silk, GoJays, walkonby and 1 others like this.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Natalka View Post
    Hoping you all have a lovely Tuesday!

So Monday we had the a/c on, today the heat. Oh, Saskatchewan!

Today is Vyshyvanka Day internationally - that word means embroidered clothing. Very meaningful customs and traditions, designs come from different regions of Ukraine and have special meanings. It's lovely going online and seeing what Ukrainians around the world are wearing.

I didn't have an embroidered blouse as an adult, just when I was a kid Ukrainian dancing - and I don't even have that, nor any part of my costume, they were given to younger nieces.

My +Mom in a blouse all four of us daughters helped to embroider.
    I don't know the year, but those glasses should help me place the date. I can't remember if it was for a special birthday, maybe? I will have to ask an older sister.

Name:  received_1111482246040455.jpeg
Views: 77
Size:  20.2 KB
    @Natalka!! Must be the 80s! My Mom had those glasses and our Daughter had her prescription bi-focal lenses put into them and she just loves to wear them (among others that she has), and has received so many compliments on them, lol!! She loves her Baba's glasses....
    Ah, those beautiful blouses...why were they passed down, given away and not kept?! I know my Mom also had one when she was a young women, in the church choir...so where is it? I also never found out, never asked, where all my beautiful formal gowns disappeared to?!
    They were so beautiful...esp one I recall...royal blue flowy velvet, deep cut neckline, cap sleeves, princess style gown, likely a size 10, lol..sniff...what would she have done with all of them?!!
    @Natalka , I also have a very heavily cross-stitched fabric, all along one edge of a large piece of fabric, apparently intended to be used as a bedskirt or topper for a bed and I just don't know what to do with it! It's very long and so beautifully stitched, it breaks my heart that it's just wrapped up in the cedar dresser.

27 here sunny, rather than the rain that was predicted...just please don't rain when we're driving to camp!! I'm just so scared of being driven in the rain...our DD says, "Mom. The car isn't going to hydroplane in a drizzle."...it's not our car I'm worried about, it's the other jerks who don't know how to drive in the rain that scare me!!

So, @danger_dan...isolating because of covid?? Enquiring minds, and all that....
    Last edited by Lynn49; Thu, May 20th, 2021 at 04:37 PM.
    Natalka and walkonby like this.

Trading Score
    24 (100%)

I have been searching online for any updates on John Tavares. Praying he does not have a permanent brain injury!
    The hit looked just tragic! Never thought I would break down and cry so hard for a hockey player.
    I think seeing it all happen in real time was too much.
    Natalka, Silk, GoJays and 1 others like this.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by walkonby View Post
    I have been searching online for any updates on John Tavares. Praying he does not have a permanent brain injury!
    The hit looked just tragic! Never thought I would break down and cry so hard for a hockey player.
    I think seeing it all happen in real time was too much.
    Definitely one of the worst hits I've ever seen
    walkonby and danger_dan like this.

Thread Information