User Tag List

Page 1545 of 1957 FirstFirst ... 545 1045 1445 1495 1535 1543 1544 1545 1546 1547 1555 1595 1645 ... LastLast
Results 23,161 to 23,175 of 29342
Like Tree118509Likes

Thread: Chat-a-Thon 2017-18 Thread!

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    65 (100%)

Good morning everyone. Hoping you all had a wonderful weekend.
    Skippy, Natalka, walkonby and 1 others like this.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Natalka, Lynn49, walkonby and 2 others like this.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Skippy, Natalka, Lynn49 and 3 others like this.

Trading Score
    4 (100%)

Morning gang.

Trees all all being watered (drip water carriers x8), water is on for the soaker hose for our sod along the drive way (it's getting a little sun burnt), side garden drip irrigation is also going to maintain the Lady's 'botanical garden'...laundry is out hanging on the line to dry, coffee's made and being consumed...is it time for [a] break(fast) yet?

Have a wonderful day folks.
    DANGER

Trading Score
    6 (100%)

Greetings fellow SC dwellers! Hope everyone had a great weekend and what a great start to the week weather wise!
    Not much accomplished so far today, as walked too much yesterday along a waterfront path with DW. It didn't seem like too much until the time we had to turnaround and walk back to where we started! Today I feel it, so maintaining a low profile and going at a slower pace than usual.
    Natalka, ROMEO, GoJays and 2 others like this.
    Always remember the What are you thankful for today? thread as there always is something to be thankful for.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Natalka, Lynn49, walkonby and 1 others like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    65 (100%)

Good morning @GoJays
    ROMEO, Lynn49 and danger_dan like this.

Trading Score
    4 (100%)

Morning gang.
    Finally able to get the Lady and I booked in for our vaccinations.

It's so much easier to things the 'old fashioned way'.
    Called the 1(888) number...waited less than 1/4 as along as the online line up took (yes...I hedged my bets by doing both), had a nice conversation, in between the *required information bits*, with Tara who took my call and booked us in.
    Second shots booked in as well.
    Tara was great; checked all around our area for places to get booked in, to no avail. we're driving into Markham next week for our first shots. All said and done with Tara, confirmations received via email and text...and I was still waiting in line online to book!

Any who...wash-rinse-repeat (pronounced water-empty-repeat) all trees watered again this morning, and the sod has the soaker hose on it right now.

Have a wonderful days folks!
    Last edited by danger_dan; Tue, May 18th, 2021 at 09:45 AM. Reason: spelling and grammar...
    Natalka, Lynn49, GoJays and 1 others like this.
    DANGER

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Good morning!

@Lynn49 - was able to handle the heat tolerably well. Husband had turned on the kitchen a/c window unit when I was napping in the aft, then he strategically placed a pedestal fan near the bedroom doorway to divert the cool air. This was exceptionally kind of him, since he cannot stand the a/c, let alone any fan. I also have a fan in the bedroom and only had to have it on low.

Yesterday it was 32, smashing a very old record. Today will be 29, low possibility of rain this at. Tomorrow will be 13, down to 6 by Friday. SK is so schizophrenic with weather, it may snow on the weekend.

Speaking of dry weather, there is a huge wildfire about 130km north of here, near the city of Prince Albert. Hasn't threatened the city yet, about 20 homes had to evacuate. Praying for rain!

My knee pain just has not eased, it's very perturbing! There have still been a few times during the day that I have to get my husband to support my lower leg as I get up from the bed... Hurts like a bigger, none of my painkillers seem to touch it - or, if they are, I would hate to think how much worse that pain could be...

Nothing going on, I get so darned bored!

Have a terrific Tuesday!

Name:  like_father_like_son.jpg
Views: 88
Size:  8.0 KB
    Last edited by Natalka; Tue, May 18th, 2021 at 10:54 AM.
    Skippy, ROMEO, Lynn49 and 4 others like this.

the beautiful Richelieu River Valley area of Quebec
    Trading Score
    73 (100%)

Good Morning all! Just got back from the Farmers Market! Holy Moly, we went this morning because we didnt think there would be so many people. What a mistake. Everyone was buying flowers, tomato plants, herbs and everything else under the sun. We got there for 9:30AM but i think we should have gotten there for 7AM! There wee only 2 entrances to the market and you had to follow the signs etc and the protocol. I couldnt wait to get out of there; not a pleasant experience and they didnt have the starter onion bulbs i wanted. Anyway, i did buy a beautiful large hanging cherry tomato plant, some tomato plants, 6 Ground Cherry plants and some herbs (curly parsley, Thyme, Oregano and basil). I have a hard time keeping them from year to year especially the parsley. Growing chives from year to year is no problem, they grow like weeds for me!

And on the way home stopped in at Canadian Tire and got my starter onion bulbs. The greenhouse at CT was empty! Probably would have had a better shopping experience there!
    Last edited by SnowFlakey; Tue, May 18th, 2021 at 11:09 AM.
    Natalka, Lynn49, walkonby and 1 others like this.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Good morning!!

Such adventures on here!

@SnowFlakey, we're heading to a couple of garden centres this afternoon as we need a couple plants for plant-stands at camp as well as something to put into a side garden there along the back edge of our deck. DH will be dividing up some of our hostas to bring to camp as well as give to neighbours who just put in a new garden. I just love, love hostas...they're so tropical-looking and thrive on neglect. My kind of plants!

@danger_dan, seems like everything is under control at your household; it brings back so many memories for me when we were young with our first home...planting, laying sod, watering-watering.. I hope everything grows just beautifully for you two! Enjoy the process not just the results.

@Natalka, I'm glad you found relief from that heat, wow, it really got up there, didn't it? It's 24 here now, feels like 31, so Hubby and I were just sitting in the gazebo here at home chatting about plants we hope to find. We've always loved the begonia baskets from Costco. I hope to find some there today. Is that leg pain new, Nat? Should someone be checking it for you??

Ok!! So off to get purdied up for my big trip out of the house, lol...but to be honest, I'm never bored here with the number of crafts, sewing, painting and Cricut-ing I can do here. I'm bringing my sewing machine to camp along with the rest of the stuff that goes with it to re-cover the patio chair cushions and perhaps make a matching table-cloth for the table. We'll see how far it all gets.

Enjoy your day, everyone!!
    Last edited by Lynn49; Tue, May 18th, 2021 at 12:09 PM.
    Skippy, Natalka, walkonby and 2 others like this.

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

I'm kind of wiped, aka exhausted really. You guys are all such busy bees ( watering stuff, Farmer Marketing and planning all kinds of flower power activities ) eagerly heading into the great outdoors while I'm often leaving my bed and heading straight to my recliner.
    The warm weather is just that here....warm! I did sit out in the gazebo briefly to sip on a cold brew black coffee around 10:00 a.m. So weird that I suddenly got a pang of sadness at missing the dogs. They really loved sitting out there and seeing which one of them could mooch food from us. (shout out to Rufus and Murphy, gone but never forgotten )

o.k. nuff sad talk. I was never one to watch Law & Order ( any of them ).......but I was familiar with that signature 2 note sound.

Anyhow, because I have loved Christopher Meloni's acting in other things I decided to try this new L & O series that has Mariska Hargitay as a special guest. So far, it is great! Who doesn't appreciate Dylan McDermott as the bad guy!??
    I am hooked.
    Last edited by walkonby; Tue, May 18th, 2021 at 03:33 PM.
    Natalka, Lynn49 and SnowFlakey like this.

babies teach us acceptance

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Natalka, Lynn49 and walkonby like this.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Lynn49 and walkonby like this.

Thread Information