User Tag List

Page 1958 of 1959 FirstFirst ... 958 1458 1858 1908 1948 1956 1957 1958 1959 LastLast
Results 29,356 to 29,370 of 29379
Like Tree118556Likes

Thread: Chat-a-Thon 2017-18 Thread!

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    65 (100%)

Good morning everyone

Happy Friday
    @walkonby hope you are not in too much pain
    Lynn49 and walkonby like this.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Good sunny morning!!

So it looks like Hubby will be in the hospital over the weekend, we'd hoped he'd be home after his new stent, but since they took him off Warfarin for the surgery so he wouldn't lose too much blood, they're now in the process of reducing the sludge, to a thinner consistency so that he can return home. It's a slow process. DD will visit him this morning, and I'll go in the afternoon (when it's warmer, lol).

Enjoy the weekend, everyone, and if you intend to go to Costco on the weekend (and who would?!), here's a reminder:

walkonby likes this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    65 (100%)

Good morning everyone

Hope you all had a great weekend.
    @Lynn49 hope your hubby is on the mend

@walkonby hoping you are not in too much pain and your recovery is going well
    walkonby likes this.

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

crap! looks like I have cellulitis? Grrrr, antibiotics do your thig!! I'll post more later or tomorrow. After my 1st physio assessment, then a trip to the GP, followed by pharmacy, it'll be all I can do to hobble back down to my dungeon.
    A little sad, but I'll be o.k. after some sleep.
    Lynn49 and flemeth like this.

babies teach us acceptance

CaToonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I'm so sorry to hear that you've got an infection! What a kick in the pants. I certainly hope you have enough pain meds on board. If not, send out your hubby/son to get you some kirkland platimum robax (or name brand if no costco) and tylenol ones. There's no reason to be in pain--it sets back recovery. Remember to keep your gut happy by eating yogurt and probiotics too.

I hope your physio goes well and that you're being attended to by your family.

Quote Originally Posted by walkonby View Post
    crap! looks like I have cellulitis? Grrrr, antibiotics do your thig!! I'll post more later or tomorrow. After my 1st physio assessment, then a trip to the GP, followed by pharmacy, it'll be all I can do to hobble back down to my dungeon.
    A little sad, but I'll be o.k. after some sleep.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    65 (100%)

@walkonby so sorry to read that you think you have an infection . Hope you get the necessary meds to help you get better

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    65 (100%)

Ood morning everyone

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Good morning!

@walkonby, thank heavens your physiotherapist saw your problem and sent you to your doctor to have your knee looked at! Those antibiotics will kick it to the curb, it was caught early. You poor kid. 🥲
    it’ll be interesting what your surgeon has to say this morning. Keeping you in my prayers, my Friend.

@alex78, I’ve never tried any Robax product for pain…next time my Hubby goes out I’ll ask him to go to Costco for their brand…now it’ll not be called Robax, so woukd you be referring to their Kirkland brand of back pain reliever? Thank you for that recommendation.

Rainy day but on the upside, no snow like Canmore has this morning and we’re supposed to hit 21 later in the week!
    Hubby’s so relieved to be home after his 15 days in tge hospital, he even made dinner yesterday. No beeping machines, no blood-letting 4-5 times a day, no patients calling for nurses….he’s blissfully sleeping in until after. 8 lately. 🤗

Enjoy your day, everyone, stay safe on those roads.
    walkonby likes this.

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

ty so much for the kind words all. An update after seeing surgeon this morning.
    All is fine ( according to him ) , stay on the antibiotics till finished. He did a test of my range of motion on the knee by grabbing my ankle and lifting the leg up and down, in and out!!
    The look on my face must have been horrid as I winced with every movement. He was pleased with my progress and says things are going along very well. Happy too about the dry look of the wound site area. Can't ask for more than that I guess.
    Lynn49 likes this.

babies teach us acceptance

CaToonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Yes @Lynn49 , it's the Kirkland Muscle and Back Pain relief. There's the green bottle with two in a package (90 tabs each) and it has acetaminophen. The purple Kirkland Muscle and back pain is single packaging (80 tabs each) and has ibuprofen. They're good for pain relief and nice because they're not narcotics. Worth a try I think--especially on these rainy arthritic days.
    Lynn49 likes this.

CaToonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I'm happy to hear you're healing up @walkonby ! I bet you were knackered after your adventures today. My parents have had all knees done--that's 4 in total --when my dad had his first one done he got stuck in a ward room (insurance be damned) and was next to some sort of aged (wonky) minister. He tried to lead the other patients in the room in 3 am sermons and such as well as having about 20 former parishioners coming in daily. My dad's biggest criticism was that his prayers sucked: 'we'd like to thank this Kleenex box' etc... My dad was so exhausted he left hospital after two days and said he'd rather sleep on the picnic table in the backyard; once he was in the house he was asleep before my mum even made him a tea.

So, get some sleep--do your exercises--and remember that this is short term pain for a better quality of life soon.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    65 (100%)

Good morning all
    @walkonby happy that you are mending well. You take your time and rest as much as you can it’s good for the healing process. Hope you are not in too much pain today.

Have a great day all

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Good morning, everyone!
    @alex78, thank you for those recommendations, I’ll certainly give tge Kirkland acetaminophen one a try as I’m supposed to stay off nsaids. I have a prescription grade nsaid for the really bad days, but I can’t use it regularly, unfortunately.
    I use That Stuff for Pain on my back, just a few spritzes, when I want to go shopping. I can only find it at Home Hardware, but Walks found it at Herb Hut down south. It’s magical. Expensive but magical. I also get help form Tylenol Arthritis and Back relief. Thanks again.

So is anyone else on a Loblaw, Sobeys and Metro strike? That might work in larger communities where there are more market choices, but it would be difficult in smaller ones.

Anyway! Enjoy another dreary day, everyone!!
    Last edited by Lynn49; Wed, May 1st, 2024 at 07:21 AM.
    Purdee and walkonby like this.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Hi all, sorry I disappeared again. It was end of tax season and my computer was seized because why not leave it til the last possible second to file. Anyhoo, sounds like you've had a challenging time of it @walkonby but very happy to hear you've finally made a turn for the better!
    walkonby and danger_dan like this.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

walkonby, danger_dan and dededi like this.

Thread Information