User Tag List

Page 2 of 34 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 501
Like Tree1602Likes

Thread: A new beginning in getting HEALTHY...2017, here we come!!!

  1. #16
    no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Scarlem
    Posts
    37,382
    Likes Received
    59724
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)




    Quote Originally Posted by amira84 View Post
    Is anyone going to join weight watchers again this year? I joined WW last year for 3 months and it has changed the way i think about food and eating and how to lose weight.

    Wish you best of luck everyone on your journey. I won't be able to actively participate here with my semester starting on Jan 4th (right on my b'day! How terrible!) (Sniff sniff)
    I will never join WW again ( well the ONLINE version at least ). The money I spent up front for a 6 months membership ( $112.00 ) expecting of course to attend meetings for moral support, and their website did NOT indicate anywhere that it wasn't included.

    That sure was embarrassing after going to the first meeting with no issue, getting the canvas bag of goodies ( calculator, recipe ideas, journal and restaurant guide ), sharing stories with the other members only to be told at meeting #2 " oh....THIS membership does not include meetings ".
    Then they offered to allow me to attend the meetings IF I paid a whopping $22.00 a month to go? HA HA HA!!!!
    I guess that is their rate......well I passed on that offer.

    I did however get 1/3 of my fees refunded from the 6 month membership for losing 10 lbs ( it was a promo they offered and I jumped at that one ), so although I spent money there, really I did all the work.
    Every day I logged in and entered every morsel I ate, entered any and all exercise, recorded my weight.....but the forums were full of glitches, so I stopped interacting there after some time, just continued logging my own progress.

    Their Beyond The Scale programme where they now include counting sugar and fat made all the difference in me deciding to join. In the past I could never consider them because they only counted calories, ( and assigned points to them ) but allowed members to choose where they got those calories from, hence, many were choosing and eating terribly unhealthy high sugar and high fatty foods.
    The new Beyond The Scale programme I definitely approve of. It does work and you really are not hungry if you are eating the right foods. ( lean meats, veggies, fruits, bla, bla bla. )

    So....whoever climbs on board this time, we must remember that we are all in different phases in our lives ( very young, young with wee babies, middle gals with grown kids and good grief some of us are downright OLD! hee hee )
    Also the " other life factors " ( poor health, financial stresses, work, ) that can drag so many of us though the ringers each day that we seem to give up before we begin.
    With these and the variances in our ages comes particular and individual challenges that many of us forget we used to experience, and others who have not celebrated enough birthdays have no idea how complications from maturity can impact weight loss. ( yeah I am speaking to YOU menopause! )

    The losing/gaining/losing-again/gaining-back again cycle that some have weathered through is particularly emotionally tough and anyone in that position also needs encouragement because this is sure not their first rodeo!

    So I wish to declare this thread a kind and gentle safe zone where all of us can reach out and confess our worst diet behaviours without feeling like we are the only ones doing it.
    We may hop on board here all gung ho and then suddenly slide off with no explanation, and that happened before.
    No one should take anyone else's absence personal.
    Similarly we should be able to brag with our chests pumped up when we are having a great day/week/month, despite one's weight loss......Any losses are victorious and yes, we ALL could use the cheerleading positive feedback from others whether the victory was a mere pound, or if we have reached the end of our weight loss goal and are maintaining.
    Last edited by walkonby; Mon, Jan 2nd, 2017 at 11:34 AM.






  2. #17
    Canadian Guru
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Estevan, SK
    Posts
    16,730
    Likes Received
    34949
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)




    Thank you very much walkonby. I really enjoyed your post and agree with it whole heartedly. Many things in life are easier said than done, which I believe is part of why we are in this thread together, supporting each other.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

  3. #18
    Mastermind Lynn49's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Ontario
    Posts
    22,369
    Likes Received
    49099
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)




    Excellent, @walkonby ... "Give and take", sharing, supporting...that's what we all need....this is such a difficult journey, and as you say, a heck of a lot more difficult as we get older...is that because our metabolims slow down????
    @lecale , you sure are making great strides towards a healthier Lifestyle and putting a lot of effort into your meal planning! Cooking to please the tastes of other family members puts a dedicated pressure on you and others. I'm fortunate in that whatever I make, or more recently what my Husband males, is fine with each other...after 46 years together we'd better have some idea of each other's tastes! Good luck with your planning!
    @Angela273 , it's frustrating trying to encourage anyone to get on a healthier eating path. Just like Walks and I, there seems to be THE right time to start, some trigger that kicks us in the butt. Until someone is ready, it can be so frustrating...like trying to get someone to stop smoking. All we can do is try..like the expression goes, 'you can lead a horse to water, but you can't make them drink"... unfortunately.

    Have a great day, Everyone!

  4. #19
    Smart Canuck amira84's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Comox, B. C.
    Posts
    3,864
    Likes Received
    11036
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)




    Quote Originally Posted by walkonby View Post
    I will never join WW again ( well the ONLINE version at least ). The money I spent up front for a 6 months membership ( $112.00 ) expecting of course to attend meetings for moral support, and their website did NOT indicate anywhere that it wasn't included.

    That sure was embarrassing after going to the first meeting with no issue, getting the canvas bag of goodies ( calculator, recipe ideas, journal and restaurant guide ), sharing stories with the other members only to be told at meeting #2 " oh....THIS membership does not include meetings ".
    Then they offered to allow me to attend the meetings IF I paid a whopping $22.00 a month to go? HA HA HA!!!!
    I guess that is their rate......well I passed on that offer.

    I did however get 1/3 of my fees refunded from the 6 month membership for losing 10 lbs ( it was a promo they offered and I jumped at that one ), so although I spent money there, really I did all the work.
    Every day I logged in and entered every morsel I ate, entered any and all exercise, recorded my weight.....but the forums were full of glitches, so I stopped interacting there after some time, just continued logging my own progress.

    Their Beyond The Scale programme where they now include counting sugar and fat made all the difference in me deciding to join. In the past I could never consider them because they only counted calories, ( and assigned points to them ) but allowed members to choose where they got those calories from, hence, many were choosing and eating terribly unhealthy high sugar and high fatty foods.
    The new Beyond The Scale programme I definitely approve of. It does work and you really are not hungry if you are eating the right foods. ( lean meats, veggies, fruits, bla, bla bla. )

    So....whoever climbs on board this time, we must remember that we are all in different phases in our lives ( very young, young with wee babies, middle gals with grown kids and good grief some of us are downright OLD! hee hee )
    Also the " other life factors " ( poor health, financial stresses, work, ) that can drag so many of us though the ringers each day that we seem to give up before we begin.
    With these and the variances in our ages comes particular and individual challenges that many of us forget we used to experience, and others who have not celebrated enough birthdays have no idea how complications from maturity can impact weight loss. ( yeah I am speaking to YOU menopause! )

    The losing/gaining/losing-again/gaining-back again cycle that some have weathered through is particularly emotionally tough and anyone in that position also needs encouragement because this is sure not their first rodeo!

    So I wish to declare this thread a kind and gentle safe zone where all of us can reach out and confess our worst diet behaviours without feeling like we are the only ones doing it.
    We may hop on board here all gung ho and then suddenly slide off with no explanation, and that happened before.
    No one should take anyone else's absence personal.
    Similarly we should be able to brag with our chests pumped up when we are having a great day/week/month, despite one's weight loss......Any losses are victorious and yes, we ALL could use the cheerleading positive feedback from others whether the victory was a mere pound, or if we have reached the end of our weight loss goal and are maintaining.


    Oh, i didnt know meetings were not included in the WW program. I bought 3 month online plan and they didnt even send me that package. They asked me to come to their location to get weighed and get the package etc which I didnt do. Oh well.... All I am saying is that it was a very good kick starter for me.

  5. #20
    no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Scarlem
    Posts
    37,382
    Likes Received
    59724
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)




    I just HAD to post this video again!! I can still laugh at all the lyrics even though Adele's song was so last year!! ha ha ha
    That couple is quite cute....so real in their struggle with food and exercise.

    http://forum.smartcanucks.ca/412344-...7/#post6543073

  6. #21
    Canadian Guru
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Estevan, SK
    Posts
    16,730
    Likes Received
    34949
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)




    Quote Originally Posted by walkonby View Post
    I just HAD to post this video again!! I can still laugh at all the lyrics even though Adele's song was so last year!! ha ha ha
    That couple is quite cute....so real in their struggle with food and exercise.

    http://forum.smartcanucks.ca/412344-...7/#post6543073
    I found that entertaining. Thanks, I don't remember seeing it before.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

  7. #22
    Mastermind Lynn49's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Ontario
    Posts
    22,369
    Likes Received
    49099
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)




    Quote Originally Posted by walkonby View Post
    I just HAD to post this video again!! I can still laugh at all the lyrics even though Adele's song was so last year!! ha ha ha
    That couple is quite cute....so real in their struggle with food and exercise.

    http://forum.smartcanucks.ca/412344-...7/#post6543073
    How did I miss that in the first place, @walkonby ? Or, more likely I did see it and forgot all about it...they're such a cute couple! Yep, the struggles are real, that's for sure. I had every intention of starting today, but I didn't make up my grocery list yesterday so that's what I'm working on today. Obviously, right? No, really..I have started a WP page grocery list!!
    How is everyone else doing today?

  8. #23
    Mastermind Lynn49's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Ontario
    Posts
    22,369
    Likes Received
    49099
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)




    ...most days? The latter.

  9. #24
    Smart Canuck lilo0003's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    4,256
    Likes Received
    15364
    Trading Score
    68 (100%)




    I missed that video last year as well, but it gave me a good laugh this year.
    I am turning 50 (!!!!) in 14 weeks. I am a slow loser but I want to lose 9 pounds by then as it will put me into a new decade weight wise. I am doing WW (online & meetings) so the only excuse is my own. Time to get my @$$ in gear.
    Friends don't let real friends pay full price.

  10. #25
    Mastermind Lynn49's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Ontario
    Posts
    22,369
    Likes Received
    49099
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)




    Quote Originally Posted by lilo0003 View Post
    I missed that video last year as well, but it gave me a good laugh this year.
    I am turning 50 (!!!!) in 14 weeks. I am a slow loser but I want to lose 9 pounds by then as it will put me into a new decade weight wise. I am doing WW (online & meetings) so the only excuse is my own. Time to get my @$$ in gear.
    @lilo0003 , plenty of time to lose those 9 lbs before your birthday, esp doing WW and getting weighed. I never attended the meetings but getting weighed somehow kept me honest wrt my eating habits. This time I feel I've learned enough to o it on my own, as I did this time in 2014.
    Good luck to all of us!!!

  11. #26
    Mastermind Lynn49's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Ontario
    Posts
    22,369
    Likes Received
    49099
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)




    Quote Originally Posted by lilo0003 View Post
    I missed that video last year as well, but it gave me a good laugh this year.
    I am turning 50 (!!!!) in 14 weeks. I am a slow loser but I want to lose 9 pounds by then as it will put me into a new decade weight wise. I am doing WW (online & meetings) so the only excuse is my own. Time to get my @$$ in gear.

  12. #27
    Canadian Genius
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    North of Toronto
    Posts
    8,889
    Likes Received
    39203
    Trading Score
    53 (100%)




    I would love to join! I am back on the wagon. I am tracking my meals/ excercise in myfitnesspal and I find it helpful. Just finished on the treadmill. I have no excuses!

  13. #28
    Mastermind Lynn49's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Ontario
    Posts
    22,369
    Likes Received
    49099
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)




    Quote Originally Posted by Frugalbigmama View Post
    I would love to join! I am back on the wagon. I am tracking my meals/ excercise in myfitnesspal and I find it helpful. Just finished on the treadmill. I have no excuses!
    Welcome! There's always room on our wagon!!
    May I ask what plan you're using? Whatever it is, tracking and journaling makes all the difference, doesn't it?
    Good luck, @Frugalbigmama!!

    Last edited by Lynn49; Tue, Jan 3rd, 2017 at 11:23 PM.



  14. #29
    Mastermind Lynn49's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Ontario
    Posts
    22,369
    Likes Received
    49099
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)




    Oh, I so wish that Canada Dry ginger ale wouldn't use that poison, aspartame in their diet drinks!!! I love ginger ale and I've had so much of it over the last few weeks of nausea after my surgery....okay, I lied...I needed it for 2 weeks, then I learned to love it, but it wasn't the diet stuff.

    As far as I know, only the CRUSH products use Splenda/Sucralose and boy, do they taste great! Unfortunately, they rarely go on sale as a mixed case of flavours, but they're still so worth it.

    Oh...and Nestle's 'ice tea' in cans...I always have that in the fridge!

    I just checked the Schweppes ginger ale: aspartame!
    Last edited by Lynn49; Tue, Jan 3rd, 2017 at 11:32 PM.



  15. #30
    Canadian Genius
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    ON
    Posts
    6,070
    Likes Received
    13057
    Trading Score
    51 (100%)




    Reminds me of this I read recently:
    Why Diet Soda Could Actually Prevent You From Losing Weight
    Aspartame may interfere with an important enzyme responsible for breaking down fat.
    http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/...b08c82e8892dd8

Page 2 of 34 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •