User Tag List

Page 4 of 21 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast
Like Tree1388Likes

Thread: April 2017 Frugal Chater All Welcome

Who knows ... but I Would Rather Be Someone's Shot of Whiskey, Than Everyone's Cup of Tea
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by Ciel View Post
    @GoodBoy -if you sew, dress fabric can be used for tops or pants too. Dibs on a Liz Claiborne silk/cotton maxi dress with foil suns if you spot it! (My local store does not have this dress and I've been looking for 2+ years).
    Hmmm - not really something I think I would want to do
    avoncallingu and Ciel like this.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Angela273 View Post
    Ciel I've never received one of those Air Miles emails.
    The bonus offer for AM in April or the one about the cash reward changes? Maybe the first one is limited to certain provinces or different retailers per province. Double-check that nothing is lurking in Spam or Junk e-mail folders.

Air Miles must send about 2-3 e-mails per week and when Metro sends its Thursday e-mail about new coupons/flyer, another one comes from Air Miles & Metro about the new flyer deals.
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

The bonus offer for AM in April or the one about the cash reward changes? Maybe the first one is limited to certain provinces or different retailers per province. Double-check that nothing is lurking in Spam or Junk e-mail folders.

Air Miles must send about 2-3 e-mails per week and when Metro sends its Thursday e-mail about new coupons/flyer, another one comes from Air Miles & Metro about the new flyer deals.
    I regularly check my spam folder. I receive some from AM, but haven't noticed any with free points in it. I also receive emails with AM and Sobeys offers.
    avoncallingu and Ciel like this.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

@Angela273 -I realized that I overstated the bonus AM-the deal is 10 bonus AM per $30 spent at Sobeys (ON), Rexall (most provinces) and LCBO (ON) in April. I posted the fine print and main body of the e-mail in the Rewards thread in the Finance section. I cannot access the Air Miles site from home-ISP connection is still not fully operational/or acting selectively.
    I also corrected my original post in that thread-sorry for the mistake by saying 30 bonus AM.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

@Angela273 -I realized that I overstated the bonus AM-the deal is 10 bonus AM per $30 spent at Sobeys (ON), Rexall (most provinces) and LCBO (ON) in April. I posted the fine print and main body of the e-mail in the Rewards thread in the Finance section. I cannot access the Air Miles site from home-ISP connection is still not fully operational/or acting selectively.
    I also corrected my original post in that thread-sorry for the mistake by saying 30 bonus AM.
    Thank you for the clarification.
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:

Trading Score
    68 (100%)

My bonus was Shell not LCBO and I have an offer for 4 cents off a litre so this will be my go to for gas this month. It will be a bit of a pain but i will just do 30.00 at a time so I can get double the miles as my vehicle would typically take 60.00 to fill up. I managed to sell a few random things this weekend as I am still decluttering the kitchen in anticipation of the renovation. Every bit helps.
    now to go back and catch up on everything I missed.
    Friends don't let real friends pay full price.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

Today Dh stayed in bed until 11:30, I hope he starts feeling better soon. I washed a load of laundry, washed dishes, washed the kitchen floor, and vacuumed the living room.

Lunch: waffles (Aunt Jemima 25c per 2lb box), bacon, canned pears
    Supper: spiral noodles, sauce made with peas, fresh mushrooms, leftover bacon, cream cheese, etc., and sliced cucumber.
    Caddle Referral Code:

Trading Score
    68 (100%)

FrugalbigMama: what's the CT offer at SDM. I also have a few things I want for the patio/garden so if its a good deal I will make a point of stopping by.

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

Well my dad & my mom both had a severe case of foot & mouth disease worst case in a very long time. Why don't they learn that certain subjects are not appropriate to discuss....sigh

It also it appears that they will not be leaving this month afterall as my mom has water on her lungs again (it's a ongoing issue) but truthfully she doesn't listen so it's hard to feel bad for her. Anyways they just are not willing to accept that there travelling days are over.

I suspect that MIL host Easter this year but time will tell.

Dh stayed home today (paid sick day) as he still had a really bad headache.

Sending dh to Independent Grocers tomorrow to get 12 Knorr sidekicks scalloped potatoes which will be free $2 wub2.

Wishing everyone a great evening.
    2019 is the year that we continue to save before we buy!!!

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

I sent a contract to a potential daycare family. I hadn't heard from her since mid March, so it's great to know that she is now ready to send me the signed contract. I'll have her oldest son for 3 months starting in June, which is great news.
    Caddle Referral Code:

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by lilo0003 View Post
    FrugalbigMama: what's the CT offer at SDM. I also have a few things I want for the patio/garden so if its a good deal I will make a point of stopping by.
    Only 10% off the CT GC's but better then nothing. And double dip for PC PTS when using our PC MasterCard (Best perk for me lol)

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Tuesday, yeah! Raining here and praying the garbage man takes my 25LB bin of garbage! (not sure how heavy it was but a winter worth of dog poop is heavy!!)

Tonight's dinner will be a bit of this and that to clean out the fridge/freezer. Will be running the dishwasher tonight as well as doing a load of laundry or two.

We tried out a new place in town for takeout last night and while it wasn't horrible I doubt I would ever get it again. The good part is that there was so much food that I have more then half of my dinner for lunch today.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Still cannot connect to certain websites and there's a hydro crew in the area doing work (cannot access Hydro One's outage map) so I expect a power outage if the crew moves lines to the new pole being installed.

Based on @lilo0003 's bonus AM offer from Shell, AM must have picked cardholders' top 3 places for collecting AMs as I don't go to Metro as often as Sobey's and I have the occasional run to LCBO or Rexall.

It's Senior's Day at Hudson Bay today-15% off.

I trimmed the rest of the back flowerbed (the long mum stalks) and just a raking when things are drier will be the last touch. Rose bushes seem ready to grow (need feeding soon). Noticed some creature(s) had dug plenty of underground holes in the backyard-it is like a maze. Need some soil to close up the winter "house" stat!

Trading Score
    42 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Angela273 View Post
    I was just reading a news article regarding Air Miles cash rewards. Starting Wednesday cash rewards for in store purchases will be available again. There will now be a limit of $50 per account for redemption per day you will no longer be able to use the Air Miles to purchase gift cards, which is what I have been doing. It sounds like the AM balance won't be printed on the bottom of the receipt anymore. You will need to enter the pin when redeeming, I'll have to check with Dh to know for sure what the pin is because the card is in his name and it is limited to one AM card per address. They also suggest locking your AM account and then unlocking it just before doing a redemption, just like PC Plus.
    Thank you. I did not know the details on this, but saw signs at the grocer. I will have to look into the pin and locking account the next email I get (mine go into "Promotions" file which I scan before deleting).

Quote Originally Posted by Frugalbigmama View Post
    Tuesday, yeah! Raining here and praying the garbage man takes my 25LB bin of garbage! (not sure how heavy it was but a winter worth of dog poop is heavy!!)

Tonight's dinner will be a bit of this and that to clean out the fridge/freezer. Will be running the dishwasher tonight as well as doing a load of laundry or two.

We tried out a new place in town for takeout last night and while it wasn't horrible I doubt I would ever get it again. The good part is that there was so much food that I have more then half of my dinner for lunch today.
    We take some garbage liberties. We figure if we cross a line the men have the right to leave the bag. We have never had one left. We have a canister (very LARGE). Usually only one bag goes in there. After a birthday or hosting or cleaning out the outside bin with diapers (very heavy), there is a second bag overflowing. It is still in the can, but poking out. They always take it. I should probably Tim Card our garbage men to say thanks sometime...
    "There are more important things--friendship and bravery...."
    -Hermione Granger

Trading Score
    68 (100%)

Still cannot connect to certain websites and there's a hydro crew in the area doing work (cannot access Hydro One's outage map) so I expect a power outage if the crew moves lines to the new pole being installed.

Based on @lilo0003 's bonus AM offer from Shell, AM must have picked cardholders' top 3 places for collecting AMs as I don't go to Metro as often as Sobey's and I have the occasional run to LCBO or Rexall.

It's Senior's Day at Hudson Bay today-15% off.

I trimmed the rest of the back flowerbed (the long mum stalks) and just a raking when things are drier will be the last touch. Rose bushes seem ready to grow (need feeding soon). Noticed some creature(s) had dug plenty of underground holes in the backyard-it is like a maze. Need some soil to close up the winter "house" stat!
    LOL, If they used top three it would have been LCBO, Metro and Lowes so not top three. I can't recall the last time I was in Rexall at least a year, same for gas at shell.

Page 4 of 21 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast

Thread Information