User Tag List

Page 3 of 21 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast
Like Tree1388Likes

Thread: April 2017 Frugal Chater All Welcome

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by jasperandchar View Post
    Afternoon everyone,

Dh is on his 2nd day of an awful headache, nothing got done but can't blame him as he feels nauseous.

My parents have invited themselves over, they still aren't here and I hate the drama that comes with their visits it's emotionally draining. Thankfully they will be leaving this month until late August

Wishing everyone a great day, it's beautiful here today, need to get dh to pickup a new clothes line & whatever else to get that sucker back up.
    Yes,the day has been beautiful weatherwise-I'm not looking forward to the rainy days until I get walking shoes (easier to dry/clean than leather boots, which I will clean and put away for next winter just in-case).

You'll have reason to celebrate once your parents are away!
    @Sweets parrow -not so frugal seaweed snack find (T&T brand $1.89) but a) I found the products in the chip aisle, right under the Pringles chips at Fortinos (first time) TODAY (en route to the Tostitos offerings)! Since Sobeys had no Paldo products (shelf was empty), I bought a package today at Fortino's. To think I missed at least 3 PC Plus points offers for T&T products because I could not locate this invisible-until-today item. Bet I get a points offer next Friday!

Fabricland has some great prices on notions (50% off trim-want some reflective tape again) this month and there's the birthday draw (Ontario region 1). Noticed my spring jacket pocket on one side needs stitches-so will need to do that repair tomorrow (overloaded the pocket). Did not sew in March (despite saying I was) but I have to this week. Or else spring will not be fun for me.
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by coupon girl View Post
    ceil -your adventures are fun to read -I found 2 vodka cooler cans last week in library parking lot are they worth 10 cents each ??not sure and I checked 2 mcdonalds coffee cups on the walk with hubby today -no stickers on them thou -lol
    Yes, 10 cents each! Worth collecting and redeeming at the store at Eastgate Square (sometimes I find a can or two in their lot when I come off the bus). Am also striking out on stickers on cups but keep looking-there's a sticker somewhere! If you walk the same routes often enough, you'll know when a fresh cup lands and to check it!

Did have a hard time on third descent into a ditch for beer can. I had to hold onto grass to get first step up the steep side after I got the can. Did not do another steep ditch for rest of walk-kept to easy ground! Since some ditches have water and water plants, some owners have cut water plants on the road side of ditch but not the far side. There are Canada Geese on some properties (I saw a can on far side some metres from a resting goose-I'm not silly enough to find out who is faster if startled) and the other birds are back in force. The flickers are going to be a nuisance any day now if I pass by their "neighbourhood" whereever water and ditches exist together. Swoops and constant warning calls.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by coupon girl View Post
    hung my clothing out at 10.00 a.m then went for a 20 minute walk with hubby and now a half the items are dry -yippee saved on my hydro for the one load from not using the dryer ,made homemade chocolate chip cookies -supper tonight just hard boiled eggs for hubby and an omelet for me -he doesn't want to have a nice roast yet so will use that for another day
    I like that you both are doing walks as those 20 minutes are shared time and good for your bone health! I plan to walk more when I have shoes on (counting down the days to April 5th).

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Morning! Packed DS's lunch this morning with no effort. 1 cooked chicken burger and 1 bun leftover from my prep for the teen for his late night eating. 1 yogurt drink, a drinking box, veggie sticks, apple, clementine and an organic granola bar (on for .74 cents and sign said reg price was $6.49!! They expire mid April and oh my they were good. pack of 5- deal for .74 cents would never buy at reg price)
    Feel like I brought so much food to work today but it is all healthy and will keep me full. I even cut some of the cantaloupe in the fridge and there is still more for tomorrow.
    We are going away for 2 nights on the weekend (kids are away so took advantage of free time and booked 2 free hotel nights! Going to enjoy the free time and use the gym, pool and hot tub. Going to try and book a massage at the spa too! No cooking- dining out for free on comps ) So I am not buying anymore groceries this week. We have tons of stuff to use up. My honey has to work but he will drive back and forth. So the plan this week is to get the house in order so I can leave it clean and return to it clean
    Still waiting on my PC MasterCard that I had to cancel since I couldn't find it. I want to buy some Canadian Tire Gift cards at Shoppers for 10% off (deal and PC pts) I found a deal on a gazebo that I want at CT. And will buy extra for gas.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

Well that was nice, everyone slept through the night so I got 7hrs sleep in a row. Other than being woken up for his meds, Dh has been in bed since 6pm yesterday. He'll keep an eye on our twins while I run our big boy to Pre-K this morning.

I pulled a big pork loin out of the freezer to thaw. My dad gave it to use. It's still in its original packaging, so it's quite large. I'll cut it up to cook it for a couple different meals. Probably make some pulled pork and a pork roast. I'll freeze some of the cooked meat for future meals. I'll either freeze the broth, or pull more pork broth from the freeer and make a soup. Dh doesn't really like soup and our kids only eat so much, so I don't make too much soup. I delivered a container of that deer soup to our friends and they absolutely loved it. He and his wife have both complimented me about it more than once.

I'll be shopping at Sobeys again tomorrow for their 10% off Tuesday. I'll also stop by our health food store for their monthly 20% off sale. I need to buy more acidophilus because Dh will be taking it after he finishes this 10 day prescription of antibiotics. Tomorrow night is city wide registration, so I'll be enrolling our son in soccer for the first time. He loves to run around and he sounds interested.
    Last edited by Angela273; Mon, Apr 3rd, 2017 at 10:03 AM.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

The day looks vaguely watery and seeing a special alert about rain coming from the southern US is not good news. Found a can on my way to bank to put weekend coins into account. Will be talking sewing again with Mom after a brief chat this morning (next week will be about Easter prep/baking).

OK-Wednesday, Value Village Club Cardholders get 40% off dresses including summer and formal dresses.

Happened to see Bernina Canada's Facebook page-carrot treat bags link idea for Easter!
    http://www.makeit-loveit.com/2017/03...ag-easter.html

Internet is not working well at home so am using library computer. Cdn Outages has a live outages map for Cogeco affecting Kingston through the Golden Horseshoe area.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

We are expecting rain later today too. My honey picked up all the dog crap in the back yard (He is wonderful!) So I made sure to grab the bag and toss it in the garbage can in the garage this morning so it didn't fill up with rain (Yuck!)

Dinner tonight- We are thinking Chinese or Greek (new restaurant opened last year and we heard they have Greek items and it is fantastic!) Will decide tonight if we are treating ourselves.

I just ate my cantaloupe. It was really good. I have more for my snack tomorrow and then a mini watermelon for Wednesday and the rest of the work week. DS will like it too.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

I was just reading a news article regarding Air Miles cash rewards. Starting Wednesday cash rewards for in store purchases will be available again. There will now be a limit of $50 per account for redemption per day you will no longer be able to use the Air Miles to purchase gift cards, which is what I have been doing. It sounds like the AM balance won't be printed on the bottom of the receipt anymore. You will need to enter the pin when redeeming, I'll have to check with Dh to know for sure what the pin is because the card is in his name and it is limited to one AM card per address. They also suggest locking your AM account and then unlocking it just before doing a redemption, just like PC Plus.
    Last edited by Angela273; Mon, Apr 3rd, 2017 at 01:19 PM.
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Angela273 View Post
    I was just reading a news article regarding Air Miles cash rewards. Starting Wednesday cash rewards for in store purchases will be available again. There will now be a limit of $50 per account for redemption per day you will no longer be able to use the Air Miles to purchase gift cards, which is what I have been doing. It sounds like the AM balance won't be printed on the bottom of the receipt anymore. You will need to enter the pin when redeeming, I'll have to check with Dh to know for sure what the pin is because the card is in his name and it is limited to one AM card per address. They also suggest locking your AM account and then unlocking it just before doing a redemption, just like PC Plus.
    Thanks for the update! I wasn`t liking that I had to order a voucher to redeem so was hoping they put it back to normal.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

My PC MasterCard was in my mailbox at lunch. Called in to activate it and purchased Canadian Tire Gift cards on my way back to work. We will go pick up the gazebo this week. And I have Gift cards for gas and will collect the Canadian tire $ on the card a little longer (for another frying pan down the road )

Who knows ... but I Would Rather Be Someone's Shot of Whiskey, Than Everyone's Cup of Tea
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by Ciel View Post
    OK-Wednesday, Value Village Club Cardholders get 40% off dresses including summer and formal dresses..
    Great deal but I do not have the legs for it!

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

went to the dentist today-no cavities which surprizes me as I deal with the driest mouth ever -didn't have to pay as I joined the dental plan at my dentist last year includes 4 cleanings a each which I need -due to my problem
    popped into fortinos got potatoes 2.99a bag -600 points 2.40 plus some bulk nuts ,cashews ,pretzels and sugar free candy paid 10.00 got 2,000 points=8.00 plus won 1,000 p.c points in an scratch offer
    supper tonight small pork roast with mashed potatoes and carrots ,went to library and got my 4 books plus 2 for Ashlyn to read to her

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

I saw @jerryhung 's post in Finance about changes to the Air Miles cash rewards redemption -more work for us. But whenever Air Miles sends an offer button inside its e-mails, that button links directly to one's AM account without a PIN request. Example-the bonus 30AM event for Sobeys/Rexall/LCBO this month-screen acknowledged that my account loaded the offer (after I clicked on the button in the e-mail, taking me to another tab screen) without requiring me to login and to enter my PIN.
    @GoodBoy -if you sew, dress fabric can be used for tops or pants too. Dibs on a Liz Claiborne silk/cotton maxi dress with foil suns if you spot it! (My local store does not have this dress and I've been looking for 2+ years).
    @Frugalbigmama -got to love Canadian Tire for its outdoor living merchandise! I enjoy the table set-ups at my local store each spring.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Google Chrome won't load Environment Canada's weather page and many of my bookmarked pages but did manage to load this site and a few others because computer still is saving some of my pages despite clearing browsing data. IE is also selective in which websites it will load. Twitter won't load on IE today at home. I had some tweets to ISP but I kept getting told there are no outages in my area even when I sent the Cdn Outages map showing a big yellow zone from Kingston to Niagara. At the library I was able to view Cogeco's outage list in Firefox but the list page would not load in IE. BTW, the library's upload speed was under 10Mbps. Should be in 80s-150s range.
    I had to reset the router twice this afternoon to get any Internet action on IE (limited) and even less on Chrome (saw indications Google users were having issues in US and elsewhere by the tweets posted on Cdn Outages page for Google-but the button says no issues with Google).
    Last edited by Ciel; Mon, Apr 3rd, 2017 at 04:29 PM.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

Ciel I've never received one of those Air Miles emails.
    Caddle Referral Code:

Page 3 of 21 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast

Thread Information