User Tag List

Page 20 of 22 FirstFirst ... 10 18 19 20 21 22 LastLast
Like Tree1413Likes

Thread: May 2017 Frugal Chatter thread

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

Unfortunately it is not very feasible to take a trip to Saskatoon without a long weekend. Dh has work and I'm still nursing the twins, so I can't leave them with someone to go up there on my own. I have a bone density scan in Regina on June 6, I'm going up alone and coming right back home. Going to Saskatoon and back in one day would be too long away from my nursing twins and anyone who travels with little ones knows how difficult that can be. I know that Grandma is not alone. I'm hoping to FaceTime with Grandma and my family. My dad has been unable to visit Grandma because he has a chest cold, I'm hoping his antibiotics work soon.

I spoke very briefly with my dad this morning. My aunts are currently arranging for the different families to travel to visit Grandma. They are trying to make sure they don't tire her out too much. Dad will call me later when he has a break at Physio. I haven't been through this before, arranging last goodbyes with someone. I'm fortunate that I currently have 3 grandparents and Dh still has 2 grandparents.
    Last edited by Angela273; Mon, May 29th, 2017 at 11:23 AM.
    Ciel likes this.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Who knows ... but I Would Rather Be Someone's Shot of Whiskey, Than Everyone's Cup of Tea
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

May 31 Value Village 30% off. Posted more here.

Value Village: Wed May 31 2017. 30% off

https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink?sha...3&share_type=t
    Newfiescreech, Angela273 and Ciel like this.

Trading Score
    42 (100%)

@Angela273

Hugs!
    "There are more important things--friendship and bravery...."
    -Hermione Granger

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

angela -thoughts and prayers are with you

had a lovely bbq tonight with all my grown kids and grandchildren -my son brought over a huge bouncy chair for Sebastian to stand in and bounce away -my home is starting to look like a daycare -lol playpen in my bedroom ,bouncey chair in livingroom ,stroller in the hallway -I don't mind
    -I also bought a few pieces of clothing for Sebastian today from the gap had 40% off then I got an additional 10%-Ashlyn was feeding him with a spoon tonight his supper -such a sweetie she was with her cousin

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

After my daycare girl was picked up this afternoon, I took the kids with me to Sobeys to pick up some lean ground beef and other sale items. 3 loads of laundry are done, folded, and put away. Our son is getting better at folded and putting away. Our bedroom still needs to be cleaned up...some clothes need to be organized. Edit: Dh saw our room after I was done tackling laundry and it motivated him to clean and organize our room too. It's not done yet, but it looks a lot better.

Tonight's supper was beef strogonoff with egg noodles, mixed veggies, and chocolate milk.
    Tomorrow night I am attending a women's church supper.
    Wednesday evening I am going to a free women's event at our public library.
    Our son also has soccer this week and there are other odd things too.
    Last edited by Angela273; Tue, May 30th, 2017 at 12:11 AM.
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

Our kids slept ok last night. My daycare girl suddenly isn't coming today, so that has resulted in a complete change of plans in order to take advantage of the opportunity. I'm letting Dh sleep in and I'll take our son to school. Then I'm taking our twins to the Family Centre to play. I'll leave early enough to swing by WM to pick up some things I missed on the weekend, out of stock and picture place was closed. Pick our son up to head home for lunch and nap time. I'd like to try a new recipe this afternoon, so I took a block of cream cheese from the freezer. I'm also hoping to continue to clean up around the house, and maybe spend some time in the yard, hopefully it won't be nearly as windy today. Dh will be home with the kids this evening while I attend a women's church event.
    Caddle Referral Code:

Who knows ... but I Would Rather Be Someone's Shot of Whiskey, Than Everyone's Cup of Tea
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Enjoy the day!

Quote Originally Posted by Angela273 View Post
    Our kids slept ok last night. My daycare girl suddenly isn't coming today, so that has resulted in a complete change of plans in order to take advantage of the opportunity. I'm letting Dh sleep in and I'll take our son to school. Then I'm taking our twins to the Family Centre to play. I'll leave early enough to swing by WM to pick up some things I missed on the weekend, out of stock and picture place was closed. Pick our son up to head home for lunch and nap time. I'd like to try a new recipe this afternoon, so I took a block of cream cheese from the freezer. I'm also hoping to continue to clean up around the house, and maybe spend some time in the yard, hopefully it won't be nearly as windy today. Dh will be home with the kids this evening while I attend a women's church event.

Trading Score
    591 (100%)

Hi ladies and gent

Well May has not been a good me month for me,my basement was flooded and the whole family was evacuted on May 6th this was do to flooding in Pierrefonds,i had 5 ft of water.I lost everything i have been living at my oldest DD most likely won't be back for at least 3 mths.Last week my youngest DD and family were allowed back home.

The government is covering 95% of the cleanup, we have gotten 3 quotes to rebuild basement and now we have to wait for the inspectors to call.Lots of paperwork to fill outthank god for my sil who has been helping me with the paper work.I have to go my car needed an oil change and they just called to pick my car up back later

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Still struggling with severe hip pain/muscle spasms, which has laid me flat for the past 2 weeks. Some days I could not sit, dress myself, wash my hair etc. I feel like I have been in labour for 2 weeks!! Daily apts to doctor or for physio or for cortisone injections-today trying the chiropractor. No painkllers have helped until yesterday- in desperation the doc started me on morphine to try and give me a bit of a break from the pain and hopefully be able to attend DD's grad on Thursday a.m. I was unable to sit at all comfortably for a week and eating your meals lying down is no fun-little appetie and little sleep. I guess on the bright side I have lost-15 lbs. I need to lose more but the doc does not want it to come off too fast-once I am over this acute phase I will try pilates etc to bild up my core. Needless to say May has flown by in a very expensive haze! I am fighting my way back slowly but surely and over time hope to be able to drive again, work a bit again etc. Definitely no travel is possible for a long time. One day at a time! Thank goodness for DH and DD. LB
    Last edited by lizzie bargain; Tue, May 30th, 2017 at 02:20 PM.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

I'm sending a prayer request for my grandma. She is receiving end of life care in hospital. The feeding tube procedure never worked and they removed the IV of fluids. She is receiving pain medication to keep her comfortable. It is very likely that she will be gone before the weekend. I am still waiting for my aunt to help me FaceTime to say goodbye. They are scheduling family to say goodbye, I hope she doesn't pass before my dad gets to say goodbye. Things are rough right now. Please pray for us.

edit: 1:00pm The schedule is now gone. My aunt just called. They can't keep grandma's oxygenation level up. They called my dad and his siblings to hurry to her side. I won't get to say goodbye. Grandma got to meet all of my children. She held them and called them by name. She has lots of family and has outlived many of her own siblings. I am trying to take comfort in this.

2:30pm Grandma is still holding on. My dad just helped me talk to her on the phone to say goodbye. I'm grateful that she is surrounded by family.

8:00pm My grandma is still hanging in there.
    Last edited by Angela273; Tue, May 30th, 2017 at 10:08 PM.
    Caddle Referral Code:

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

@lizzie bargain . Wishing you a quick recovery. We don't realize how fragile our bodies are! I twisted my ankle a month and half ago and it still is painful some days. Then there is my tailbone! Sitting in a terrible chair to watch my niece at her dance recital really brought back the pain. I don't want to get old

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by YOU AND ME View Post
    Hi ladies and gent
    Well May has not been a good me month for me,my basement was flooded and the whole family was evacuted on May 6th this was do to flooding in Pierrefonds,i had 5 ft of water.I lost everything i have been living at my oldest DD most likely won't be back for at least 3 mths.Last week my youngest DD and family were allowed back home.
    The government is covering 95% of the cleanup, we have gotten 3 quotes to rebuild basement and now we have to wait for the inspectors to call.Lots of paperwork to fill outthank god for my sil who has been helping me with the paper work.I have to go my car needed an oil change and they just called to pick my car up back later
    Im sorry to hear that your homes have experienced flooding, it is very good that government helps with the cost. We are still waiting to finish getting the flood damage in our home fixed from last July.
    Newfiescreech and Ciel like this.
    Caddle Referral Code:

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by YOU AND ME View Post
    Hi ladies and gent

Oh, a big for you - so sorry you have had to go through all of that. Hoping it gets resolved sooner rather than later.

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by lizzie bargain View Post
    Still struggling with severe hip pain/muscle spasms, which has laid me flat for the past 2 weeks. Some days I could not sit, dress myself, wash my hair etc. I feel like I have been in labour for 2 weeks!! Daily apts to doctor or for physio or for cortisone injections-today trying the chiropractor. No painkllers have helped until yesterday- in desperation the doc started me on morphine to try and give me a bit of a break from the pain and hopefully be able to attend DD's grad on Thursday a.m. I was unable to sit at all comfortably for a week and eating your meals lying down is no fun-little appetie and little sleep. I guess on the bright side I have lost-15 lbs. I need to lose more but the doc does not want it to come off too fast-once I am over this acute phase I will try pilates etc to bild up my core. Needless to say May has flown by in a very expensive haze! I am fighting my way back slowly but surely and over time hope to be able to drive again, work a bit again etc. Definitely no travel is possible for a long time. One day at a time! Thank goodness for DH and DD. LB
    My goodness, I feel so badly for you - hoping this gets resolved soon.

Trading Score
    42 (100%)

Thinking of everyone going through tough times.
    "There are more important things--friendship and bravery...."
    -Hermione Granger

Page 20 of 22 FirstFirst ... 10 18 19 20 21 22 LastLast

Thread Information