User Tag List

Page 11 of 16 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 ... LastLast
Like Tree921Likes

Thread: June 2017 Frugal Chatter thread

Trading Score
    92 (100%)

@Ciel I have tried the ground round too. I made chili and nobody could tell it wasn't real meat, except the time I let it simmer too long. I will check out those burgers, they sound yummy. I have been trying to reduce the family meat intake in general as my youngest doesn't like certain meats and I want everyone to be healthier but it's tricky! lol None of them really like the veggie products I have brought home. My kids wanted to be vegetarians but hated everything and gave up when DH put steak in front of them! haha
    Angela273, Ciel and SassyAshley like this.
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/avrose
    Check out Tangerine with my Orange Key!! 40411099S1

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

I think I am finally starting to turn the corner on my injury-my physio thinks I am moving a bit better and I am gradually starting to be able to do a bit more for myself. Still not able to drive or go for walks outdoors but the physio did approve me for very short, level bike rides so at least I can start to rehab after 4 weeks of lying down. Still a long way to go but baby steps.
    Angela273, Ciel, avrose and 1 others like this.

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

lizzie, that's very good news to hear! Hope things continue to improve.

Happy Caturday, everyone!

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

Shopping took longer than I had thought, I overdid it. Dh and our kids were great sports about it. I spent quite a bit between Sobeys and WM, but also got some good deals and fresh food for supper. I redeemed two rainchecks, earned 595AM, and $4 CO51, $42.75 in coupons. Our son has grown so he needed new underwear and socks.
    Last edited by Angela273; Sat, Jun 17th, 2017 at 10:24 PM.
    Ciel, coupon girl and SassyAshley like this.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

-my daughter took hubby and I(Sebastian spent overnight with his father) to a local eatery on locke street for father's day -lovely fresh food
    -doing laundry today and a bbq ,son /wife and Ashlyn are coming for supper on Monday -so a busy couple days for me
    -any of you older ladies(not that I am old -lol) having your arthritis acting up -mine knees and fingers are -I guess its this hot weather ?
    -last night almost finished a page in my adult colouring book -I did find it relaxing as my daughter was sitting out there with me -she is taking part in a hot yoga class this morning to see if she likes it
    Natalka, Angela273, Ciel and 1 others like this.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

@coupon girl -I have had some hand pains since grasscutting on Friday but realized the pruning I did also involved some branches too big for the tool I used. I had to apply the magnesium gel on my hands and hips today. Joint pain for one thumb did not go away but across the back of my right hand, I did feel slight pain relief --this was about 30min before the 8am rain and I applied the gel after my shower. I'm 48 and some days when rain is due, my right hand seems clunky (loses some fine motor control and my grip can be dicey too). I've been eating some Boston lettuce upon reading in the First for Women issue *June 19 issue* that it can help for joint pain. I also make sure Mom had a big serving of the lettuce each day too-she's been achy from her walking/tarmac walk and this humidity has not helped much.
    Angela273 and coupon girl like this.
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

@avrose -I intend to buy one of the Compliments burgers to have on hand for a change in entrees. I try to ensure Mom has some protein options for her fasting days-fish gets boring fast and she'll turn up her nose at quinoa most times (but liked the M&M product so I need some of that too). We also need some bean salads during hot weather.

Creamy stuff is not working for me in the heat unless it's real milk ice cream or Chapmans treats. My appetite is also fussy at above 30C. The Rice Dream frozen desserts are not too bad. Slight rice aftertaste but flavours are good.
    Angela273 and avrose like this.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Did two walks to grocery stores today-once for me and later for Mom. Good timing. It's raining right now.

If you have Ryvita $1 off one package or the $1.50 off two packages coupons, Longo's has its Ryvita products on sale for $2.99 for two weeks. I got Muesli Crunch. I noticed the Breyers double churn creamery ice cream is on sale for $3.99-used the $1 off coupon from the sheet of coupons found at Coupon Zone boards (the page with coupons for Breyers, Chipits or toppers, Eggo and one other product). Since Chipits were on sale for $3.29, I used the 50 cents off coupon as well--do hope to bake cookies when temperatures dip down again. Longos has all case pop for Pepis on sale for $3.99-Pepsi Throwback and Dr. Pepper are included (in case you find the local Shoppers not stocking either one at your nearest location for $3.49 to be a sore point). I forgot to get reduced bananas-they were about 1 of 5 fruits on the cart.

I've been happy these past two weeks in my penny finds. Today #28 was picked up! 22 more to go before I bank the roll. #LetsDoThisSummer2017

Given the humidity, wearing any bra or camisole with bra insert is like wearing a tight chest bandage. Who has actually purchased a Uniqlo Airism product and worn it on a hot and humid day? Think this fabric would be ideal for altering for summer wear and feeling cool. #INeedThisNow Would appreciate some feedback if the Airism garment is cooler than standard cotton summer shirts (woven or knits). Short of a trip to Toronto, my next best hope is finding some Airism shirts at Value Village (in men's or maybe in women's dept.)
    Last edited by Ciel; Sun, Jun 18th, 2017 at 04:34 PM.

Who knows ... but I Would Rather Be Someone's Shot of Whiskey, Than Everyone's Cup of Tea
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Priced matched Orville Redenbacher bags of popcorn at FreshCo and applied $2.00 off coupons. Total per bag $0.99 each.

Sent from my iPhone
    Angela273 and Ciel like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

Happy Fathers Day!

We had a nice lazy morning. The entire family spent some time in our back yard just before lunch. It has rained a lot over the last week, yesterday too. I was able to weed carefully from the edge of my raised garden beds. Some stuff looks pretty sparse, but this may not be the year to never picky. I'm hoping to plant more peas and radishes later this week, maybe carrots and swiss chard too. We had lunch and the twins went down for a nap together. I managed to have a decent nap too. I encouraged Dh to take our son to the 2pm showing of Cars 3. Our son likes Cars. He has been helpful and a good sport regarding my physical restrictions. We had a quiet supper at home and our son made a gift at Pre-K last week.

exit: My daycare girl will be coming 1hr later than usual this week because her mom will be in training. This means that I might get some extra sleep because some days the little girl arrives and my kids are still in bed.
    Last edited by Angela273; Sun, Jun 18th, 2017 at 10:30 PM.

Who knows ... but I Would Rather Be Someone's Shot of Whiskey, Than Everyone's Cup of Tea
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Hope you are feeling better @Angela273

Sent from my iPhone

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Hi all. We had a good weekend. Went to RCSS today and spent just over $20 on produce and received 4000 pts. Redeemed $50 in pc points for my $50.31 cent order and received 7200 pc pts. Came home and cleaned all the fruit so it is ready to eat. Made oatmeal for my breakfast for the next 2 days. Showed the teen his pile of fruit to last hin the next few days (he eats it all in one sitting and then complains) I did really well and lots of selection. Grapes. Strawberries. Raspberries. Apples. Bananas and kiwi. Will load up again on Wednesday together us through the weekend. Veggies I bought were romaine lettuce. Cucumbers. Carrots and asparagus. Stocked up on the 2.88 butter that was on ay Loblaws. Bought 3 and wrapped them for the freezer.
    Natalka, Angela273, Ciel and 2 others like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

I applied for 4 more teaching contracts that would start in the fall, 3 of them are in my local school division. I called to remind principals this morning. I'm hoping for the best, but I won't hold my breath.

edit: I was able to remove the last of my bandages last night. The incisions look pretty good, and for the most part they are smaller than I had expected. One incision is pretty bumpy because they didn't do the surgical tape properly. It might flatten out with time. I still have a migraine and vertigo, but it is improving.
    Last edited by Angela273; Mon, Jun 19th, 2017 at 12:23 PM.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

I meant to put the dishwasher on last night so will have to make sure I do after 7pm tonight. The kitchen was nice and clean still when I woke up (1 plate in sink from DS since he thought the dishwasher was clean) He has a pile of food to eat for his late night snacking and I plan on making some French toast tonight for him. I cooked 5Lbs for beef for taco meat and have it in the freezer ready for quick tacos one night.
    Tonight we are using up some of the sauce from Friday nights dinner with Boneless skinless chicken on the bbq. Will make salad to go with it and maybe some asparagus and rice. DS has an early hockey game tomorrow night so I will make sure to make up a Tupperware container for him so he can eat it on the way down. We are done eating out/eating crap because we are rushed. I just needed to get back in my planning mode and I am there now! He will be thrilled with his lunches this week with all the wonderful fruit we have I am also going to try and make turkey/cheese wraps/appetizers. I think he will really like them.
    Angela273 and Ciel like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Angela273 View Post
    I applied for 4 more teaching contracts that would start in the fall, 3 of them are in my local school division. I called to remind principals this morning. I'm hoping for the best, but I won't hold my breath.
    Good luck!

Page 11 of 16 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 ... LastLast

Thread Information