User Tag List

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree20Likes

Thread: December 21 2012 : The Mayan Prediction

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I could still recall the moment I learned of the Mayans' prediction of the end of the world. I was in high school and my class was watching a documentary film about the Mayans for our history subject. We took note of the said date and up until now, I'm looking out to see if their prediction would indeed come true.

So this awaited day is exactly a leap year (366 days) starting now and a common year (365 days) starting from this year's winter solstice which won't happen until tomorrow.

What do you think of this prediction made thousands of years ago by people from one of the earliest civilizations?
    This thread is currently associated with: N/A
    SambaDays.com - golf trips, wine tasting, rafting, paintball, skydiving, race cars, getaways, big city fun... Give a unique gift experience to someone today!

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

I"ve read/watched a lot about this prediction and how it's mirrored in Nostradmus' predictions and the Egyptian's predictions as evidenced in their pyramids, but I doubt the world will suddenly come to an end. I see it as more of a turning of events...a change in world-thinking...I'm hoping it's a change for the better.
    Then again, a prof of mine affectionately called me a "Pollyanna" a long time ago...lol...so I'm not a doom and gloom kind of a person.

Trading Score
    50 (98%)

Deep breath.... Every time my husband gets drunk thats all he talks about.
    He repeats it over and over again. I personally think nothing is going to happen and I can`t wait to see his face on Dec 22 2012.
    DaveP likes this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    36 (100%)

I will not be doing any Christmas shopping until Dec 23 next year, just in case.

I am sure I read recently that there was a reason they only went until dec 22,but it dispelled the myth that it was the end of the world.Must try to find it..

ETA: Since I'm not Mayan, does that mean I don't have to worry because I don't use the Mayan calendar
    Last edited by gourmetsue; Wed, Dec 21st, 2011 at 09:45 AM.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    61 (100%)

Rats, I forgot the world was ending again today. Must remember to mark that in my Gmail calendar next time!
    gameprogirl likes this.

Trading Score
    66 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Zonny View Post
    Rats, I forgot the world was ending again today. Must remember to mark that in my Gmail calendar next time!

LMAO...thanks for the laugh....again
    ....just be happy

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Well considering people of Mayan descent have told me that what it actually means is that a cycle of time is ending and the reason there is no more calendar was because of the colonisation by the europeans, Im not especially worried. A nice conversation I had with a Metis professor in the summer really made me think about the different ways people convince themselves the world is ending. In the end, the professor and I concluded that people are nuts.

BTW, on that date, there is a stucture that will be lit up from all ends and that signifies a new cycle of the sun. No end of the world whatsoever.
    http://www.amazon.com/gp/cdp/member-...stRecentReview
    My amazon reviews, check them out sometime!

Trading Score
    26 (100%)

Trading Score
    85 (100%)

This prediction kinda reminds me of a book I just read called The Book of Souls. Basically, these monks are born only to write down the names, birth and death of every individual in the world in books. Eventually, they write down the last date which is some time in February 2022 and then they all kill themselves...

Anyway, I think all of these predictions are a bunch of baloney. Not concerned at all about December 22, 2012. Maybe the Mayans decided it was a good day to end their calendar on .... Who knows...

Trading Score
    44 (100%)

honestly I don't really care when the world ends as long as it's quick and painless for us all.
    You know you want free stuff too! Join Swagbucks with me http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/cdiddy1

Addicted To Laughing Cow TrixyLuxx's Avatar
    Trading Score
    11 (79%)

Quote Originally Posted by xox2010 View Post
    This prediction kinda reminds me of a book I just read called The Book of Souls. Basically, these monks are born only to write down the names, birth and death of every individual in the world in books. Eventually, they write down the last date which is some time in February 2022 and then they all kill themselves...

Anyway, I think all of these predictions are a bunch of baloney. Not concerned at all about December 22, 2012. Maybe the Mayans decided it was a good day to end their calendar on .... Who knows...

sounds like a good book, who's the author?

as for the whole 2012 thing, Im really up in the air about it all, heh, than again, look at harold camping LOL

Say no to Cyber Bullying
    Trading Score
    42 (100%)

I believe the bible is scientifically and archeologically sound and true from years of research. That being said with all prophesies being fulfilled and only a few left, God says the earth will not be destroyed. However it does refer to a last days. That is the last days where man shows that he can not govern himself without God and he then steps in. (I think we are doing a pretty good job at destroying oursevles). It says man will dominate man to his injury. Thats pretty accurate I would think. So the last days there would be a warning work just like Noahs day to get our life in order in a way that is acceptable to him, not us. It also says very few listened in Noahs day and very few will listen now.
    Last edited by taxsavey; Wed, Dec 21st, 2011 at 04:00 PM.
    kparker1786 likes this.
    START THE CAR....START THE CAR!!!!!

Trading Score
    85 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by TrixyLuxx View Post
    sounds like a good book, who's the author?

as for the whole 2012 thing, Im really up in the air about it all, heh, than again, look at harold camping LOL
    Glenn Cooper

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by xox2010 View Post

I personally think they just ran out of room LOL.
    Previously CanadianBella... I'm baaack!
    Check out my Trade & Wishlist

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information